Dear Dom Capers: (Warning, bad language)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** you in the ****ing neck mother****er!!!! You almost cost us an easy game, you S.O.B!

The defense was playing lights out, so what do you do? You go to a ****ing 4 man rush, prevent defense!

ENOUGH WITH THE FREAKING SAME 4 MAN RUSH! We cannot run that!

So please, pretty please, stick with your normal gameplan, and stick that prevent, same 4 man rush up yours!
--------------------
I'm sorry for the language, and if anyone feel offended, I'll edit it. But it's just driving me mad, and I warned in the title...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I was shocked that he didn't seem to notice that whenever someone that wasn't Charles Woodson was on Vernon Davis, the ball always went to Vernon Davis. Woodson should've been shadowing him on every play.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was shocked that he didn't seem to notice that whenever someone that wasn't Charles Woodson was on Vernon Davis, the ball always went to Vernon Davis. Woodson should've been shadowing him on every play.

Very true but later on in the game Alex Smith found Isaac Bruce for a big gain. With Al Harris out they needed to make sure that all of the niners' weapons were covered.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple. The game plan of the first half was working. They had a lot of sacks, and only allowed 3 points. SO WHY THE **** DO YOU CHANGE IT???

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Very true but later on in the game Alex Smith found Isaac Bruce for a big gain. With Al Harris out they needed to make sure that all of the niners' weapons were covered.

Shhhhhh ... - That doesn't help PackerRS' opinion ..., because that would mean that the coaches (and Dom Capers) actually tried to adjust based the tactics to what was happening in the game ... And we all know that would be difficult to accept ? /irony *Off*

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shhhhhh ... - That doesn't help PackerRS' opinion ..., because that would mean that the coaches (and Dom Capers) actually tried to adjust based the tactics to what was happening in the game ... And we all know that would be difficult to accept ? /irony *Off*
Yeah, genius. But he already had used that kind of D against Minnesota both times, and against Tampa, so we already knew it wouldn't work, as it didn't.

So explain that, with irony, to me.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Yeah, genius. But he already had used that kind of D against Minnesota both times, and against Tampa, so we already knew it wouldn't work, as it didn't.

So explain that, with irony, to me.

It might actually be a little easier for you, if you would just take off those "Bitter, biased googles" you are wearing (some times) ...

Some times I seriously doubt you even watch the games, because your critique is many times already made up, regardless of what happens in any particular game that the Packers play ...

If we look at the penalties ... - I think it's getting quite evident by now that it's not the coaching actually that is the root cause of those, but more on the players ... - You say you want McCarthy to be more "firm and stern" in regards to those, however, when a particular player subconsciously already knows he can screw up without much consequences (as in getting benched) then it becomes evident that those players might not care as much (as they should ...) ...

Clearly, by now, even you (as you wrote in the game day thread) must admit that the coaches seemingly are making the right game plans, but that it is the players that fail to execute ... - Especially when it comes to the penalties ...

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might actually be a little easier for you, if you would just take off those "Bitter, biased googles" you are wearing (some times) ...

Some times I seriously doubt you even watch the games, because your critique is many times already made up, regardless of what happens in any particular game that the Packers play ...

If we look at the penalties ... - I think it's getting quite evident by now that it's not the coaching actually that is the root cause of those, but more on the players ... - You say you want McCarthy to be more "firm and stern" in regards to those, however, when a particular player subconsciously already knows he can screw up without much consequences (as in getting benched) then it becomes evident that those players might not care as much (as they should ...) ...

Clearly, by now, even you (as you wrote in the game day thread) must admit that the coaches seemingly are making the right game plans, but that it is the players that fail to execute ... - Especially when it comes to the penalties ...
That's all about McCarthy. Whom I said had an almost PERFECT gameplan (except for not running in the first part of the forth quarter). Whom I've acknowledged I was wrong. Something you may have problems doing with Rodgers, Eh? But hey, let's not talk about that...

---------------------------

So what about Capers? Do you think it was the right game plan to call a prevent, no bump and run, allways the same 4 man rush? Do you think it worked?

It's not the players, when it was working till he callet it. They were destroying the 49ers in the first half, with complicated blitzes, and with bump and run coverage. And when both Harris and Kampman were still in the game, at the 2nd half, we were getting burned.

Do you think it was a coincidence that every time Woodson wasn't covering Davis, he had a HUGE play?

If you had the choice, would you cover Davis, arguably their best weapon, or a slow Isaac Bruce? Which had 1 big play?

So? Would you've done the same that Capers did?

If I take by your assertation on how that 4th and 2 call from Belichick was right, I don't really have to ask, do I?

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
That's all about McCarthy. Whom I said had an almost PERFECT gameplan (except for not running in the first part of the forth quarter). Whom I've acknowledged I was wrong. Something you may have problems doing with Rodgers, Eh? But hey, let's not talk about that...

---------------------------

So what about Capers? Do you think it was the right game plan to call a prevent, no bump and run, allways the same 4 man rush? Do you think it worked?

It's not the players, when it was working till he callet it. They were destroying the 49ers in the first half, with complicated blitzes, and with bump and run coverage. And when both Harris and Kampman were still in the game, at the 2nd half, we were getting burned.

Do you think it was a coincidence that every time Woodson wasn't covering Davis, he had a HUGE play?

If you had the choice, would you cover Davis, arguably their best weapon, or a slow Isaac Bruce? Which had 1 big play?

So? Would you've done the same that Capers did?

If I take by your assertation on how that 4th and 2 call from Belichick was right, I don't really have to ask, do I?

Actually your initial post (First post - thread start) says it all ... The mere language in your post (all though I find that a little over the top, especially from a moderator) pretty much sums it up how you feel about (some?) in the coaching staff ...

Making adjustments during the game will in most cases seem a little off to almost all fans (especially those like you who seem to just have a personal dislike towards some of them) ... - However, sure some of the plays probably didn't pan out how they (coaching staff) wanted, however, be honest here ... - Do you really think they would have been as effective had they continued the defensive plays ? - Don't you think it was changed for a reason ? - Or do you think that Dom Capers changed the defense, just to **** you off ? ... LOL

Most likely Dom Capers changed the defensive setup because he had to - based on what was happening in the game ... - There are more factors that plays in here than just what *YOU want* there to be ... - Even though that may sound to you like something totally inconceivable ...

I'm curious though ... - How my view point on Belichicks 4th and 2 translates into this discussion ? - Or is it simply because you are running "short" again, and just want to argue semantics (yet again ???)

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually your initial post (First post - thread start) says it all ... The mere language in your post (all though I find that a little over the top, especially from a moderator) pretty much sums it up how you feel about (some?) in the coaching staff ...

Making adjustments during the game will in most cases seem a little off to almost all fans (especially those like you who seem to just have a personal dislike towards some of them) ... - However, sure some of the plays probably didn't pan out how they (coaching staff) wanted, however, be honest here ... - Do you really think they would have been as effective had they continued the defensive plays ? - Don't you think it was changed for a reason ? - Or do you think that Dom Capers changed the defense, just to **** you off ? ... LOL

Most likely Dom Capers changed the defensive setup because he had to - based on what was happening in the game ... - There are more factors that plays in here than just what *YOU want* there to be ... - Even though that may sound to you like something totally inconceivable ...

I'm curious though ... - How my view point on Belichicks 4th and 2 translates into this discussion ? - Or is it simply because you are running "short" again, and just want to argue semantics (yet again ???)
First of all, I warned about my language, and in that same post said if anyone had a problem, I would edit it. How does it have to do with anything?

So your response tho wheter it was the right move or not is that most fans would not understand it, and that he didn't do it because he wanted to lose? That's it?

Changed because he had to? So nothing about how he made those changes before, and then it didn't work, and now it didn't work?

I'm gonna ask again: Do you think that it was the right call to play prevent, and rush the SAME 4 man, when it didn't work in the past, and when the more agressive defense was working?

Do you think it was the right move to let Jarrett Bush and Clay Matthews cover their best receiver, Vernon Davis? When when he was being covered by Woodson, he was completely blanketed? And don't give me that "they have more weapons" BS because even when Harris left we still had Tramon Williams and Nick Collins.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)
I'm gonna ask again: Do you think that it was the right call to play prevent, and rush the SAME 4 man, when it didn't work in the past, and when the more agressive defense was working?

Hindsight is always 20/20 ... - Something that is especially true when it comes to your critique lately ...

Probably with those players that were out, Dom Capers did those adjustments, because he felt it was the right thing to do based on what he saw happening in the game on the field as a whole ...

- Would I have done it myself ? - I honestly can't tell, because momentum was clearly shifting to the 49'ers ... and personally I think the Packers might have paid more dearly had they stayed to using the same strategy as they had so far ...

As I said, hindsight is always 20/20 ... And had the Packers lost or been close to, due to Dom Capers not changing the strategy, you would saying the exact same thing, just with opposite remarks ...

Seems to me that you just won't accept that you cannot use the same gameplan versus every opponent and still expect the same outcome ...

- That approach *might* work if your team as a whole is (close to) "complete" ... But when you have as many gaps as the Packers have this season, it's just not feasible ...

I just think it's a little to premature to judge the coaching so harshly as you are at this point, especially considering the changes made defensive wise coming into this season ...

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20 ... - Something that is especially true when it comes to your critique lately ...

Probably with those players that were out, Dom Capers did those adjustments, because he felt it was the right thing to do based on what he saw happening in the game on the field as a whole ...

- Would I have done it myself ? - I honestly can't tell, because momentum was clearly shifting to the 49'ers ... and personally I think the Packers might have paid more dearly had they stayed to using the same strategy as they had so far ...

As I said, hindsight is always 20/20 ... And had the Packers lost or been close to, due to Dom Capers not changing the strategy, you would saying the exact same thing, just with opposite remarks ...

Seems to me that you just won't accept that you cannot use the same gameplan versus every opponent and still expect the same outcome ...

- That approach *might* work if your team as a whole is (close to) "complete" ... But when you have as many gaps as the Packers have this season, it's just not feasible ...

I just think it's a little to premature to judge the coaching so harshly as you are at this point, especially considering the changes made defensive wise coming into this season ...
So you don't know if it was the right move, or if you would've done it? Okay...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, guys just calm down. Quientis, I only posted that comment only to assess what MIGHT have been the logic for Capers to take off Woodson, it not have been right considering that PackersRS is right too in that Capers does get a little too soft at times. So with that in mind both you guys are right on the money considering what is happening to our rebounding team.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if that second half was a cluster****, wait and see how this genius makes that D work without Kampman and Harris. Language warnings, standby!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if that second half was a cluster****, wait and see how this genius makes that D work without Kampman and Harris. Language warnings, standby!

Leroy Butler said in his postgame analysis that even though he two are irreplaceable, the D can adjust to continue to play that way it's doing already. One of which includes Jarret bush moving into the nickel in order to blitz rather than actually play coverage which I think he seriously sucks at. If this guy can't even do something as simply as run after the QB then we can really say that the D has no way of getting over the loss if Harris.