De’Vondre Campbell

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I happened to be ******* on Campbell this morning at work. Dude seems washed. Can't tackle anymore. He has an awful contract. We owe him a lot of money and he is signed for several more years. SMH

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happened to be ******* on Campbell this morning at work. Dude seems washed. Can't tackle anymore. He has an awful contract. We owe him a lot of money and he is signed for several more years. SMH
With the way our cap hits are the next couple years we could see a revival of the Walking Dead.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way our cap hits are the next couple years we could see a revival of the Walking Dead.

Our fiscal situation is lot better next off season, and after 2024 we are very "clean" in NFL today terms. Now if we cut Bakh we really get clean this off season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew you would ask. Honestly, it's not my defense. I just think that there are some situations that a big guy like him could be useful. Also, if he wasn't assured of playing; maybe he would play better. I like McDuffie on all round downs and I think he might play better if he was in and out a bit. Maybe make the offense think more. You are right in that Campbell does not excel at anything. And McDuffie and Q work good together. Imo

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to his post on x..he is playing injured and not going out of his way anymore to play with injury. Says he is tired of taking the blame for **** happening out of his control. Sounds kinda Zadariusish. The players are turning on Barry and Lafleur..not a good sign!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to his post on x..he is playing injured and not going out of his way anymore to play with injury. Says he is tired of taking the blame for **** happening out of his control. Sounds kinda Zadariusish. The players are turning on Barry and Lafleur..not a good sign!

He must have deleted it, not seeing this.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's done playing through injuries? Why the hell is the coach playing him on every single down if he's injured? (or even if he's not really)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Any predictions what the Packers do with Campbell? On 3/15 his $2.9M roster bonus kicks in. I don't see the Packers letting that happen, unless they are either restructuring the deal or planning on keeping him on the team.

If they release him in the next 8 days and declare him a post 6/1 release, his cap hits are:

2024 Dead Cap: $3,657,000
2025 Dead Cap: $7,971,000

That's a big chunk of cap, especially in 2025.

However, if nothing is done, he will be a $14,230,532 cap hit this season and STILL have $7,971 if dead cap going into next season.

As I type this, I can't imagine the Packers keeping Campbell. His play has declined and throwing good money at bad money isn't what should be done here.

Only chance of keeping him is a full restructure, with the idea that if he is healthy and playing in a new system, he is a much better player than we have seen in the last 2 seasons. Even with a restructure, the Packers have way too much cap on the books for a vet that appears to be going downhill.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any predictions what the Packers do with Campbell? On 3/15 his $2.9M roster bonus kicks in. I don't see the Packers letting that happen, unless they are either restructuring the deal or planning on keeping him on the team.

If they release him in the next 8 days and declare him a post 6/1 release, his cap hits are:

2024 Dead Cap: $3,657,000
2025 Dead Cap: $7,971,000

That's a big chunk of cap, especially in 2025.

However, if nothing is done, he will be a $14,230,532 cap hit this season and STILL have $7,971 if dead cap going into next season.

As I type this, I can't imagine the Packers keeping Campbell. His play has declined and throwing good money at bad money isn't what should be done here.

Only chance of keeping him is a full restructure, with the idea that if he is healthy and playing in a new system, he is a much better player than we have seen in the last 2 seasons. Even with a restructure, the Packers have way too much cap on the books for a vet that appears to be going downhill.

Post June saves us a TON this year though (roughly $10M). It is kinda what I sense is going to happen, but would feel better about our defense if we also announced before or near that Baker from Miami and Packers have agreed to a contract that will be executed once new league year hits.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Post June saves us a TON this year though (roughly $10M). It is kinda what I sense is going to happen, but would feel better about our defense if we also announced before or near that Baker from Miami and Packers have agreed to a contract that will be executed once new league year hits.
What do you think of Drue Tranquill? He played in the middle for the Chargers, just love his smartness and abilities in coverage and against the run.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I think Campbell is a negative for the defense. I'm hoping we cut him loose. If I see a player as a negative; I stop looking (for the most part) at money. Just want to improve the team. It's a bad situation when you have to play someone only because of a contract.

Reaction score
Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here’s an article on him. Careful it’s a year old but still his resume up to joining KC

Thanks, think that was one that I read. I looked at some film of him playing for Chargers and Chiefs, as well as an interview. Tranquill is married with 3 kids, well spoken and a good teammate. Add that to how he plays, I like the guy.

Reaction score
Thanks, think that was one that I read. I looked at some film of him playing for Chargers and Chiefs, as well as an interview. Tranquill is married with 3 kids, well spoken and a good teammate. Add that to how he plays, I like the guy.
You’re welcome.

Also Tranquill is one of the calmest guys you could ever meet. He never creates a commotion. :whistling:

I was going to leave it alone but you wouldn’t let it go. You all but forced me ! @Pokerbrat2000