De’Vondre Campbell

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I see, the more I like. This guy is all over the field. Quickly and quietly becoming the best ILB the packers have had in the last decade.
Campbell balled out last night. He’s got terrific range and plays sideline to sideline so well. He’s turning out to be a great signing. We desperately needed a solid ILB

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He and Barnes are an excellent pairing. It was clear as day the middle performance dropped when Barnes went down - Defense still held together but was easily seen.

I wouldn't mind at all if when we have to make some hard cuts for budget reasons after this year Campbell is a guy we make a reasonable two year deal with.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell has always been what we see, a good player but not elite. He is definitely playing hard right now. This past offseason, the market wasn't there especially for the 2nd tier FAs. I believe that his mindset was to play his mind out in order to get a better FA contract this coming offseason. He won't be cheap to keep if he keeps playing the way that he has in these first three games.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell has always been what we see, a good player but not elite. He is definitely playing hard right now. This past offseason, the market wasn't there especially for the 2nd tier FAs. I believe that his mindset was to play his mind out in order to get a better FA contract this coming offseason. He won't be cheap to keep if he keeps playing the way that he has in these first three games.

Lot of time and things to solve before this discussion on Campbell would be at the top of the list...however in a world that sees Aaron go elsewhere and Davanta go....I would strongly desire we not just resign Jaire of coure but also Campbell. If you're going to see any kind of "success" in the growing pain years of Love you gotta have an adaquate defense paired with him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is better than anything we've had here in recent years that's for sure. I really like the way he plays. Hope Barnes is back soon.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am wondering about Campbell's contract situation. I'm still hoping after seeing this the Packers either prioritize him as much as they can in FA, or think about somebody in the Draft earlier than Day 3.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really skeptical only going on his price tag. But he is showing to be a very good player for us.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really skeptical only going on his price tag. But he is showing to be a very good player for us.

Outside the VERY top tier this was just an abysmal year for FAs and the money they were offered. I was really hoping they got him for two at a decent price but we will take the one and maybe see if we extend or offer new. There is like three years of dead money after this one on his deal...might as well make a few of those live years.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I called it...
He'll earn that $500,000. I think he'll take over the starting spot. He'll add playmaking to the middle of the defense, which is much needed.

Attachments

• De'Vondre Campbell signing _ Page 2 _ Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum .. 2021-09-27 at 12...png
    De'Vondre Campbell signing _ Page 2 _ Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum .. 2021-09-27 at 12...png
    220.9 KB · Views: 95

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
According to PFF, Campbell has been absolutely terrible in recent seasons.

Now I am no stan for PFF grades-- not by any means. But I also didn't watch Campbell a lick before this year, so idk...

Here's one thing that does occur to me. Cory Littleton was a monster for the Rams in 2018-2019. He had 168 solo tackles, 7.5 sacks, 5 INT, 15 TFL, 9 QB hits, 22 PD... just crazy production. His PFF grade, for what it's worth, was 90.6 over that two year span.

In 2020, Littleton got paid by the Raiders, and he has just completely fallen off the map. In 17 games he has 69 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 INT, 4 TFL, 0 QB hits, and 1 PD. His PFF grade last I checked was under 45.

His LB coach in 2018-2019 in LA was Joe Barry.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to PFF, Campbell has been absolutely terrible in recent seasons.

Now I am no stan for PFF grades-- not by any means. But I also didn't watch Campbell a lick before this year, so idk...

Here's one thing that does occur to me. Cory Littleton was a monster for the Rams in 2018-2019. He had 168 solo tackles, 7.5 sacks, 5 INT, 15 TFL, 9 QB hits, 22 PD... just crazy production. His PFF grade, for what it's worth, was 90.6 over that two year span.

In 2020, Littleton got paid by the Raiders, and he has just completely fallen off the map. In 17 games he has 69 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 INT, 4 TFL, 0 QB hits, and 1 PD. His PFF grade last I checked was under 45.

His LB coach in 2018-2019 in LA was Joe Barry.
Unfortunately (for everyone) is Littleton's got a $15Mil cap number in '22, and only saves the Raiders $1.7Mil to cut prior to '22 season... so I think he's a Raider thru '22 season. By the time he's a FA in '23 he'll be over 30, 2+ years of "meh" play so not sure he'd be of any use to GB. Hopefully McDuffie develops and can become a solid ILB for years to come?

Reaction score
I just know that cat has been all over the field. It’s a small sample size, but he’s been very involved and his veteran leadership is showing up time after time in his effort on the field. No he’s not Bobby Wagner, but he’s been very effective in pass dropping and playing the Run. The one time he got burned for a TD, he should’ve had help from King (who just converted to Slot) in a coverage faux pas. But even then it took an absolutely perfect throw and catch to beat him. I noticed he played that Goff TD pass without looking at it, but used the body language/placement of the receiver to try to swat at it (albeit unsuccessfully) without ever seeing the ball.

Very intuitive player.

PS. Campbell is tied for 4th place (31) in Tackles behind Wagner, Kendrick’s, Perryman.

Campbell is a worker bee at #2 most Solo tackles leaguewide (21) plus and 1 INT, 1 PD

*Wagner is #1 (26 solo) plus 2TFL, 1 PD,
1 Sack

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Unfortunately (for everyone) is Littleton's got a $15Mil cap number in '22, and only saves the Raiders $1.7Mil to cut prior to '22 season... so I think he's a Raider thru '22 season. By the time he's a FA in '23 he'll be over 30, 2+ years of "meh" play so not sure he'd be of any use to GB. Hopefully McDuffie develops and can become a solid ILB for years to come?

The point wasn't that the Packers need to acquire Littleton. It's that we've seen linebackers who are terrible elsewhere really thrive under Joe Barry. Perhaps Campbell is a version of that.

D

Deleted member 6794

There is like three years of dead money after this one on his deal...might as well make a few of those live years.

Campbell's contract will automatically void before the end of the league year, resulting in him becoming an unrestricted free agent as well and $800K of dead money counting against the Packers' cap next season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell's contract will automatically void before the end of the league year, resulting in him becoming an unrestricted free agent as well and $800K of dead money counting against the Packers' cap next season.

Of course, however there is zero stopping them from agreeing to a new one or extension prior is all.

Reaction score
Of course, however there is zero stopping them from agreeing to a new one or extension prior is all.
I’d love that actually. I don’t want to see him slip away like Breeland and Cook. Offer the guy a fair extension mid season for a couple Mil

D

Deleted member 6794

I’d love that actually. I don’t want to see him slip away like Breeland and Cook. Offer the guy a fair extension mid season for a couple Mil

As discussed in another thread the Packers will have some major issues even getting under the cap for next season.

They won't be able to re-sign everyone they want to.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
As discussed in another thread the Packers will have some major issues even getting under the cap for next season.

They won't be able to re-sign everyone they want to.
Hypothetically, if for some reason the Packers and Rodgers work it out and agree on another year or some type of extension, how beneficial would that be toward the 2022 cap? I know just enough to be dangerous.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if for some reason the Packers and Rodgers work it out and agree on another year or some type of extension, how beneficial would that be toward the 2022 cap? I know just enough to be dangerous.

They already voided a year on his contract. Without some serious contract acrobatics, I only see a true extension making him a Packer till retirement as a way for his specific contract to help.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers is set to earn a base salary of $26.5 million as well as a workout bonus of $500K in 2022. The Packers could restructure his contract for him to receive a base salary of $1.12 million and convert the rest of it into a signing bonus and spread out the cap hit over five years. With that move they would save $20.7 million of cap space for the 2022 season.

You need to be aware that amount will count against their cap at some point down the road.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to DeVondre. I would like to see (at least a few series) the rookie McDuffie paired with him against the Steelers.

Members online

Latest posts