Day three predictions

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had to take any remaining receiver, I'm taking Deon Cain. 6'2" and can take the top off. Pretty similar attributes to Jordy. Who would you like to see?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My favorite prospects left for day three:
  • Josh Sweat, Edge, Florida State
  • Dorance Armstrong, Edge, Florida State
  • Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Edge, Oklahoma
  • Tyrell Crosby, OL, Oregon
  • Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana
  • Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
  • Deon Cain, WR, Clemson
  • Daesean Hamilton, WR, Penn State
  • Allen Lazard, WR, Iowa State
  • John Kelly, RB, Tennessee

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Pick 4 #103 (via trade to Houston)
-Will Richardson, OT
Pick 4 #133
-Dorrance Armstrong, Edge
Pick 5 #138 (Traded to Houston)
Pick 5 #172
-J’Mon Moore, WR
Pick 5 #174
-Marquez Valde Scandling, WR
Pick 6 #207
- Troy Fumagelli, TE
Pick 7 #232 (Traded to Houston$
Pick 7 #239 (Traded to Houston)
Pick 7 #248
-David Bright, G

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ideally, I'd like to see another trade up or two. I'd like to see them use a comp. 5th plus maybe a 7th to move up further into the 4th and then maybe use the 6th and a 7th to move up into the 5th. The following would be a great finish to the draft:

4. E. St. Brown, WR, ND (OR) D. Cain, WR, CLEM
5a. D. Armstrong, ED, KAN
5c. D. Smythe, TE, ND
6. A. Stinnie, OL, JMU
7b. K. Malone, OL, LSU
7c. T. Carew, LS, OR

Add that or something along those lines to Alexander, Jackson, Burks, and an extra 1st next year and that would be a pretty nice haul.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It would be mentioned that Tyrell Crosby, the most highly regarded OL prospect left on the board, profiles as a Packers type, though not perfectly. He's a left tackle who projected inside at the next level. His SS was withing two one hundredths of what they've generally targeted. His 3C (7.89) is a little high compared to their normal threshold (~7.75). But all things considered, he could be a fit.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simmie Cobbs or Allan Lazard in the 4th or 5th would be great value for us in my opinion both would help replace Jordys redzone production. Braxton Berrios would be a target 6th or 7th talented little slot man with impressive hands. Austin Proehl priority free agent surprise would be cool

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope I have this posted in the right thread.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like St. Brown, Cain, Quinn, Hamilton in that order. Callaway and Valdez-Scantling are priority UDFAs if we can't grab one or the other in the 7th Round

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like St. Brown, Cain, Quinn, Hamilton in that order. Callaway and Valdez-Scantling are priority UDFAs if we can't grab one or the other in the 7th Round
The problem is, we hear this every year about WR. Last year it was Yancey and Dupre. Before that Davis, Abbrederis, Janis, Johnson, Dorsey, Swain, Clowney...etc. Packers are going to need to start investing some draft stock in the WR position. The last non 3rd round or earlier WR that actually amounted to anything for the Packers was Donald Driver in 1999.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like st Brown, Deon Cain and jmon moore. I’ll be happy if we nab any of those 3 wrs

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
138: R5P1

WR KEKE COUTEE
TEXAS TECH

207: R6P33
WR MARQUEZ VALDES-SCANTLING
SOUTH FLORIDA

I'd like these two WRs at those spots so we can still at least take some stabs at more LB/EDGE defenders...

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Deon Cain, WR, Clemson
It would be mentioned that Tyrell Crosby, the most highly regarded OL prospect left on the board, profiles as a Packers type, though not perfectly. He's a left tackle who projected inside at the next level. His SS was withing two one hundredths of what they've generally targeted. His 3C (7.89) is a little high compared to their normal threshold (~7.75). But all things considered, he could be a fit.

I like Crosby the best and hope that's who the Packers take next. Him or Jemarco Jones. The question is, at what point is it worth it to take a risk and pick Maurice Hurst?

Last edited:

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Crosby the best and hope that's who the Packers take next. Him or Jemarco Jones. The question is, at what point is it worth it to take a risk and pick Maurice Hurst?
Hurst won’t play! He has a heart condition like Hank Gathers! Remember Hank? This kid is off all NFL teams boards, except 1. To bad but at least he got diagnosed sooner than later.

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
St. Brown will be long gone by the time the pack picks in 4th rd. Like that kid. Callaway out if Florida is a burner on and of the field lol in all seriousness Callaway could be the speed WR GB needs. Dude just had a baby. I read he’s got his head out of his *** w/ the weed smoking & is recommitted himself to football to provide for his family. Callaway is football fast!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Deon Cain, WR, Clemson

Add Maurice Hurst, Quessenberry, Tim Settle, and Callaway to the list and I'm happy. Not much left for OL which is a bit worrisome for me. I have a strong feeling we might take Cruikshank or get him as an UDFA.

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno about this Burks pick. Still need edge very badly. Will have to be addressed today along with WR.

Deon Cain would be a steal, but like Landry yesterday, you have to think he's not going to last very long into the day at all, and I don't know that we'll be willing or able to trade *that* far up.

Still some decent edge guys available, but nobody to write home about. Think we should have addressed that much earlier given that we can't expect to get more than 10 games out of Clay or Perry in any given year.

Think we'll end up with two 4th round picks which need to be a receiving option and edge rusher. And by "think," I guess I really mean "hope," because nothing about the draft ever goes how I think it will or should.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Deon Cain, WR, Clemson

The guy is a huge ****** but he's a solid football player. Probably more of a hybrid TE/WR type. Possession receiver at 6'5. Best case scenario he's Brandon Marshall.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d really like them to adress either EDGE or OL first. Josh Sweat or Tyrell Crosby comes to mind. Can Crosby play RT?

Only then I’d go after a WR. I agree that trading up higher into the 4 (maybe even do it twice) would be ideal.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The rest of the picks from here on out are mostly crap shoots, but where a team can really make hay or burn the barn down. This is where BPA comes into play, but your BPA might be rated #145, while someone else has them at #345.

I expect to read a lot of "WTF, who is this guy?" or "OMG, this guy is an absolute steal!"

With 8 picks still in their possession, I see the Packers going after 2-3 O-lineman (including long snapper Tanner Carew), a WR or two, a safety, OLB and maybe a flyer on a QB.

Members online

Latest posts