CB Amik Robertson
CB Javelin Guidry
CB Darney Holmes
S Antoine Brooks
S KVon Wallace

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Backup Kicker, Backup Punter, Backup TE, Backup RB... seems to be our theme this year... draft those backups instead of players that are needed in positions of need.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I have any WR please? And for dessert, an ILB with DT would be nice. Thanks very much!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR Quaz Watkins
WR Donovan People’s Jones
WR KJ Hill
LB Akeem David Gaither
OT Prince Tenga
OT Shaqid Charles
OT Trey Adams
OG Ben Bartch
C Tyler Bidiez
DE Jason Stobridge
DE Rashaad Lawrence
LB Justin Starnd
LB Shaq Quarterman
LB Markus Bailey
LB Troy Dye
CB Amik Robertson
CB Javelin Guidry
CB Darney Holmes
S Antoine Brooks
S KVon Wallace
There are some good names in there. It will be unlikely they last 70ish picks to our selection.

Adds:

WR Reed, Lipscomb, Cephus, Hightower

Are others that can maybe help in year 1.

2 special guys:

Tyler Johnson. One of the most natural receivers in the draft. Apparently attitude issues has dropped him. Probably the next WR off the board or DPJ.

Gabriel Davis. Very mixed opinions out there, ut I have seen mis 2nd round grades on him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
WR:
  • Joe Reed, UVA
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones, UM
  • John Hightower, BSU
OL:
  • Ben Bartch, SJU
  • Jack Driscoll, AUB
  • Jon Runyan, UM
  • Danny Pinter, BALL
  • Saahdiq Charles, LSU
  • Alex Taylor, SCS
DB:
  • K'von Wallace, CLEM
  • Reggie Robinson, TULSA
  • L'Jarius Sneed, LAT
  • Josh Metellus, UM
  • Daniel Thomas, AUB
  • Madre Harper, SIU
  • Darnay Holmes, UCLA
  • Brian Cole, MSU
  • Stantley Thomas-Oliver, FIU
LB:
  • Troy Dye, OR
  • Akeem Davis-Gaither, APP
  • Mykal Walker, FRSU
  • Jacob Phillips, LSU
  • Joe Bachie, MSU
ED:
  • Derrek Tuszka, NDSU
  • Carter Coughlin, MIN
  • Casey Toohill, STAN
iDL:
  • Leki Fotu, UTAH
  • John Penisini, UTAH
  • Jason Strowbridge, UNC
  • Khalil Davis, NEB
  • James Lynch, BAY

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Gute should be able to add some real difference makers with all of his 6th and 7th round selections.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute should be able to add some real difference makers with all of his 6th and 7th round selections.

I see the sarcasm there. Keep in mind, plenty of WR's have been drafted late and produced. I suppose expecting one to do so in their first year, however, would be wishful thinking.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just not comfortable entering day 3 of the draft (without a 4th rounder) after a meagre FA period and not having any of our immediate needs filled. I honestly can't believe the predicament we are in

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I see the sarcasm there. Keep in mind, plenty of WR's have been drafted late and produced. I suppose expecting one to do so in their first year, however, would be wishful thinking.
I would love for Gute to find a gem today, but although there have been some late round producers of late in the NFL, the Packers track record isn't the most impressive especially in recent years.

MVS is skating on thin ice. In fairness though, I really do like EQSB. I'll be interested to see what he brings to the table this year.

I'm not overly optimistic about it.

It's just mind blowing to me that you manage to screw up not taking advantage of one of the deepest WR drafts in recent memory, perhaps ever, by getting one on either day 1 or 2.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for Gute to find a gem today, but although there have been some late round producers of late in the NFL, the Packers track record isn't the most impressive especially in recent years.

MVS is skating on thin ice. In fairness though, I really do like EQSB. I'll be interested to see what he brings to the table this year.

I'm not overly optimistic about it.

It's just mind blowing to me that you manage to screw up not taking advantage of one of the deepest WR drafts in recent memory, perhaps ever, by getting one on either day 1 or 2.

Ya. I'm with you. Frustrating to watch this go down... but mostly because I had expectations. Guess we have to see the finished product. Heavy run focus may help the passing game, and maybe we sign Gabriel tomorrow. Who knows how this is going to go.

If Rodgers gets injured this year he may not be a Packer next year. Crazy to think about that.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyra and Dantés, thank you for your lists!

Evan Weaver, a LB from Cal taps me on the shoulder (at my age nobody "jumping out at me" is actually a good thing). He's not a guy you're going to leave in on passing downs but, a bit of a throwback if you like traditional, stout 3-4 SILB types who can get in the way of blockers on the second level. He'd need some work with the strength and conditioning coaches.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm not holding on to the hope that a 5th or 6th rounder making an immediate impact, especially at WR.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I'm hoping we can find an OL prospect with injury and poor technique issues that can be coached up.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only 1 WR so far. So many went earlier, teams are passing on some value here. I'm optimistic one of those I mentioned will be there in the 5th. Gabriel is gone already.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I have a dark sense of humor, but it ain't that dark!
I’m providing you an insight to an upgrade
Now close your eyes.....picture the punter with CP.....envision the snap....,,roll back to punter with a G on his helmet fielding said snap..... bet you are laughing!!!!

H

HardRightEdge

The way this is going how about an interior OL in the 5th. Or trade down into a 6th. round "value cluster"? :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

It was a little insensitive but I submit you probably laughed a little.
I'm giving this draft a low grade. I have a great appreciation for irony and sometimes have a dark sense of humor. I can say I did not laugh at all at that. There's no hook, no twist. I'm no gag meister but how about Gutekunst shoots his own dog, harkening back to the apocryphal Infante story?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m providing you an insight to an upgrade
Now close your eyes.....picture the punter with CP.....envision the snap....,,roll back to punter with a G on his helmet fielding said snap..... bet you are laughing!!!!
This isn't your day. First homicidal humor on a very decent person. Now you make a CP joke to a guy who's brother has CP.