Davante Adams

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ahhh grading TT on his past draft choices, so much fun and like shooting fish in a barrel....a barrel that is floating in an ocean of fish. Sure the fish in the barrel are easy to target and hit, but let's look at the entire ocean of fish. I have a hard time listening to an argument that TT doesn't know how to draft and develop. Look at his tenure here and the success of an organization that almost thrives solely on players TT has brought to GB. Of course some draft choices aren't going to pan out, its the nature of the beast. Also, declaring someone like Adams and Richard Rodgers a wasted bust during this season and at this point in their careers, really? I won't argue that both players, right now aren't living up to where they were drafted, but way to early to declare TT's choice of them as failures. Even if both players eventually are failures , how does that differ from any other organization? IMO if TT has one fault, it is having too much confidence in his draft and development philosophy, which tends to keep him out of the FA market as well as possibly hanging onto one of his own too long.

Last edited:

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way Adams sits on the bench is if he gets injured. The staff is too pig headed to sub in Janis.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way Adams sits on the bench is if he gets injured. The staff is too pig headed to sub in Janis.
Agree. But I hadn't thought about Janis. Maybe he can block just as well as Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Personally, I would be shocked if we don't see more of Janis Thursday night. Fast field, poor showing by Adams in Bear game, as well as talk of him still being injured. I would prefer seeing Monty or Abby back, but I will take a small dose of Janis to see if all the Janis hype bodes true. Don't get me wrong, I want Janis to work out as much as the next Packer fan, but it really told me something when Abby played ahead of him when he returned after his concussion.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Rob Demovsky is reporting Abbrederis is probable for tomorrow's game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rob Demovsky is reporting Abbrederis is probable for tomorrow's game.
Will be interesting to see if:

1. Janis still returns kicks, I would think and hope that he would
2. Who gets more reps, with the offense, Janis or Abby

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Her's the thing that bugs me with Janis; why can't he get on the field? The receivers group has been a hot mess most of the season with guys under performing and banged up, yet his role hasn't increased. While I'm in the 'why not put him out there' camp, it makes me wonder if he'll make any difference at all.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should tell the WR the team that they will fine them for each dropped ball in the game. I bet they'd fix their butter fingers real fast.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Her's the thing that bugs me with Janis; why can't he get on the field? The receivers group has been a hot mess most of the season with guys under performing and banged up, yet his role hasn't increased. While I'm in the 'why not put him out there' camp, it makes me wonder if he'll make any difference at all.
Sometimes actions or in this case, lack of action speaks volumes. The only thing that one can conclude is that the coaching staff and/or Rodgers prefer all other options over Janis.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering how his playing time would look if he were the 2nd round pick and Adams were a 7th rounder. Though it sounds ridiculous and counter-productive to favor a player picked higher in order to support the drafting philosophy of the GM, so does keeping players out there who are hurting the team, neglecting the UFA market when you've clearly got holes, and keeping a coordinator around who has let us down for years.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will see more of Janis on Thursday. I hope he gets at least a series or two.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's just an investment issue, and you'll see it with any team in the league. A high draft pick will get more time and opportunity to get things together than a 7th round pick or undrafted free agent.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm wondering how his playing time would look if he were the 2nd round pick and Adams were a 7th rounder. Though it sounds ridiculous and counter-productive to favor a player picked higher in order to support the drafting philosophy of the GM, so does keeping players out there who are hurting the team, neglecting the UFA market when you've clearly got holes

I don't really think that when they were drafted has much bearing on this. Yes, Adams was looked upon as a better talent then Janis by EVERYONE analyzing the draft and he may get more reps because of it, but it would really be hard to fathom any other reason why Janis isn't playing more, other then his performance in the classroom as well as the practice field haven't earned him the reps. I doubt its TT's job to go to MM and say "Hey, we can't play that Janis over my guy Adams, no matter how good he is or how bad Adams is." No doubt in my mind if Janis was a stud and had the confidence of the coaches, he would be playing more irregardless of where he was drafted.

and keeping a coordinator around who has let us down for years.
I am guessing you are referring to Capers, since the OC (Bennett) is in his first year at the position?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really think that when they were drafted has much bearing on this. Yes, Adams was looked upon as a better talent then Janis by EVERYONE analyzing the draft and he may get more reps because of it, but it would really be hard to fathom any other reason why Janis isn't playing more, other then his performance in the classroom as well as the practice field haven't earned him the reps. I doubt its TT's job to go to MM and say "Hey, we can't play that Janis over my guy Adams, no matter how good he is or how bad Adams is." No doubt in my mind if Janis was a stud and had the confidence of the coaches, he would be playing more irregardless of where he was drafted.

I am guessing you are referring to Capers, since the OC (Bennett) is in his first year at the position?
Yeah, it is a ridiculous theory that I heard but found amusing. I think the same analysts would say now than Adams should be benched and they should try to get Janis more touches.

They really weren't graded as far apart as the draft would indicate, as Janis was a protected 3-4 rounder from a Division II school.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There was a report about this on the radio, he is having a hard time catching on to terminology, route options audibles and the general playbook. They suggested instituting more easy plays so you could take thinking out of the equation. But that is a main reason why he isn't playing more.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that's the case, I gotta doubt if having those kind of problems to such a degree after over a season and a half on the roster, I doubt it ever gets much better.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There was a report about this on the radio, he is having a hard time catching on to terminology, route options audibles and the general playbook. They suggested instituting more easy plays so you could take thinking out of the equation. But that is a main reason why he isn't playing more.

Time to fit him for one of those beanies with a propeller on it for the top of his helmet?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If that's the case, I gotta doubt if having those kind of problems to such a degree after over a season and a half on the roster, I doubt it ever gets much better.
It's really no secret to most Packer fans that Janis isn't seeing the field because he isn't "seeing the field" the way he is suppose to. I can't think of players off the top of my head in the NFL where offenses have tried to "dumb down" the playbook to provide playing time for their "secret weapon". Can hear the huddle now "Ok, Jeff.....you run towards the big G in the middle of the field and start waving your hands". But hey, if the guy can run a straight line, while wiggling his hips a few times, maybe he can be our savior.

I'm guessing that Janis is still with the Packers due more to his physical potential more then his cognitive potential, which you have to assume the coaches were hopeful on being able to coach him on.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams has been bad. So has the entire offense. Cobb has been invisible. There's something wrong with the entire pass offense, Cobb has been more underwhelming than Adams if you're being honest.

I've never excused Cobb. Or Rodgers, for that matter. We're discussing Davante Adams because this thread title is 'Davante Adams.' Does it really matter which one has sucked the most? They all need to do better.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's understandable, but I can't grasp this concept. Several of the top receivers around the league are far from bright, so I can't imagine why Janis is struggling in this area.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If Adams doesn't show up tomorrow night, I pray he only was given a one-way ticket to Detriot. He can stay there and play for Caldwell. I am a 5'3 female, and I can catch the balls he is dropping. He has been a joke this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

His biggest mistake was drafting Rodgers in the 3rd round. He was projected as a 5-6th round guy and looks even less talented than that. I'm not sure what Thompson thought he saw, but I really question his judgement.

Khyri Thornton in the same round was a terrible pick as well.

I was hoping Rodgers would catch more passes. He seems to have good hands. But he hasn't! So having a tight end starting that can't block and doesn't catch passes is kind of hard to figure out. The patriots go out and get the best they can find on the waiver wire when someone gets hurt or is not playing well. Just saying.

Rodgers is actually catching the ball pretty well (he's second on the team with 40 receptions), his yards per catch are terrible though.

Will be interesting to see if:

1. Janis still returns kicks, I would think and hope that he would

The Packers announced this week that Janis is their #1 kickoff returner going forward.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kind of shows you the level of desperation when fans are screaming for a guy who is #6 on the depth charts and has 4 career receptions to get more playing time in order to try and save the offense and a FHOF QB

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
read the article i posted

they claim he is still hurt

If he's still hurt then why the hell is he still out there?!! He's not helping us. Shows how idiotic these excuses and coaching staff seems to be if they feel like having him out there hobbling around instead of a guy like Janis. The article pretty much sums up why they have lost 4 of their last 5 games.