Davante Adams

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, then Nelson saw easier coverage in his first two seasons. The starts and other players on the team have nothing to do with the point I was making. It's absolutely ridiculous to say a guy can't be a deep threat after 24 games.
....He has 4.6 speed and plays absolutely no faster than that. That's like saying we could put Lacy at receiver as a deep threat. And before people start comparing Adams to Jerry Rice in terms of their attributes, just don't.

D

Deleted member 6794

So, then Nelson saw easier coverage in his first two seasons. The starts and other players on the team have nothing to do with the point I was making. It's absolutely ridiculous to say a guy can't be a deep threat after 24 games.

Adams has had way more chances to make plays because he was targeted way more often than Nelson, that makes a huge difference. He could turn into a decent possession receiver but I don´t expect him ever to become a huge deep threat.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Even during the TD against the Cowboys, which should be exciting for a young WR in a playoff game, he basically jogged into the end zone once he was in the clear. I'm not saying he should do a front flip like Brown, but I would rather see a player excited to score and want to race to the end zone each and every time.
I wish you could complain about his actions after scoring TDs this season. I have no problem with how he scored that TD - no defender touched him before he reached the EZ. As for intensity, check his catches in the fourth quarter of that game - looked pretty intense to me.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
No reason to panic. Remember our last SB? Remember the Giants, Ravens and Cardinals? All of those teams had losing stretches.

I would agree with you except we just haven't seemed to be working towards improvement...it seems to be the same issues week after week.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I was all on the Adams hype machine heading into the season. The reality is he has been forced into being a #1 outside because of the Nelson injury and it appears to be a bit to soon for him to carry that responsibility. I'm not sure he will ever be top #1 in the league. I see him as a more explosive James Jones that can compliment a true #1 like a "Jordy."

He doesn't have Nelson speed but he is very explosive. All you gotta do is look at his vertical jump and watch some of his tape last year and even when he was back in college. Us fans are frustrated because were not seeing it right now. IMO what were seeing is young player who has been pushed into a roll too early and now he has lost his confidence.

I think this is a TT fail and not for drafting Adams. Nelson was injured way early in the season where TT could of maneuvered to bring some help in via a trade yet the trade dead line came and went. The bottom line is were lacking weapons on the outside. If the young guys don't develop tomorrow our season might be over soon. I am actually somewhat upset because we finally have a defense that is playing okay. This could be another wasted year of Rodgers career and a defense that is playing pretty good right now. All because TT wants to be stubborn with his philosophy .

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And one more thing. I hear people talking about 2010 and this is nothing like 2010. We had Jennings, Driver, Jordy and a younger JJ. It's not even close.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Making comments like "we're not on the same page" 12 weeks into the season comes across as pathetic and incompetent.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His drops and half *** route running annoy me.. However I do recall James Jones getting murdered by the fans because of drops one year, and the next season? He caught like 14 touch downs so....I wouldn't cut Adams..but he wouldn't be playing as much that's for sure.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
His drops and half *** route running annoy me.. However I do recall James Jones getting murdered by the fans because of drops one year, and the next season? He caught like 14 touch downs so....I wouldn't cut Adams..but he wouldn't be playing as much that's for sure.

I mentioned that earlier regarding Jones. Another thing people don't realize is Jordy didn't really break out until his 4th season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy may not have broken out till year 4, but he caught like every ball thrown at him when he was lower on the depth chart. I remember his rookie year or maybe 2nd, he caught like 30-40 balls and it seemed like every one was for a first down on 3rd. He was making plays all they along.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah Jordy was positive factor for sure but he wasn't asked to be the no.1 guy on the outside either back then. He also had other guys around him who could stretch the field and we had Finley at TE. This team doesn't really have anyone who can stretch the field so defenses can just sit and jump our short to intermediate passing game which once again leaves us with Rodgers trying to jump the defense offsides and chucking one down field to get a flag.

I might be one of the biggest homers on this forum and this is just bad. Now TT has our season hanging on getting a rookie healthy and being productive to create some more personnel favorable match ups because this team isn't built to win games 13-10.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned that earlier regarding Jones. Another thing people don't realize is Jordy didn't really break out until his 4th season.
I hope that Adams does overcome his problems and plays to the best of his ability, but that doesn't help the team now. There are young players out there helping their team tremendously now, and if the GM is intent on his "building through the draft" philosophy, his picks better be able to help win games sooner rather than later, because we aren't going to have Rodgers forever.

I think the fans and our QB deserve better than a team that is suffering because of the stubbornness of the GM. There are plenty of things he could have done when Nelson went down rather than trusting Jones, Cobb, and a bunch of young, unproven receivers would get the job done.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
My only hope is Montgomery getting healthy and coming back to
I hope that Adams does overcome his problems and plays to the best of his ability, but that doesn't help the team now. There are young players out there helping their team tremendously now, and if the GM is intent on his "building through the draft" philosophy, his picks better be able to help win games sooner rather than later, because we aren't going to have Rodgers forever.

I think the fans and our QB deserve better than a team that is suffering because of the stubbornness of the GM. There are plenty of things he could have done when Nelson went down rather than trusting Jones, Cobb, and a bunch of young, unproven receivers would get the job done.

I've been preeching what your saying all week. TT had plenty of time to evaluate offense as Nelsons injury was in training camp way before the trade deadline. Go out and get a Vernon Davis or a proven speed receiver that you could get with 3rd round pick or something and "win now."

I like draft and develop but sometimes you gotta make a move to offset injuries and such. Not just sit there being pedestrian.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all you disgruntled people?? TT is just as much to blame as anyone. This could be a different team had this zombie filled some holes.

Reaction score
I hope Abby is suited up. We need to alternate between him and Janis on the long ball. I'd love to see a handoff to Lacy between the Guards and then a flea-flicker to Rodgers with Both Janis and Abby doing a crossing rout at 15 yards and then both heading to opposite pylons. It's about time to open this playbook

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Abby is suited up. We need to alternate between him and Janis on the long ball. I'd love to see a handoff to Lacy between the Guards and then a flea-flicker to Rodgers with Both Janis and Abby doing a crossing rout at 15 yards and then both heading to opposite pylons. It's about time to open this playbook

It'll never happen. Hopefully Lacy turns into a beast to finish the season and we don't have to rely on the passing game as much. Wow...a team led by the best qb in the world...and running the ball may be the best option lol. Go Figure

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But is it all on the GM? Consider what Janis has done the few times he's had a chance or been thrown at. Targeted what 4 times and he's resulted in big gainers in three of them. Yet Aaron doesn't trust him because the timing is off. Well then find ways to scheme him into the game and make it work because the guys Aaron trusts are flat out failing right now.

Would Aaron even throw the ball to a midseason acquisition?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll never happen. Hopefully Lacy turns into a beast to finish the season and we don't have to rely on the passing game as much. Wow...a team led by the best qb in the world...and running the ball may be the best option lol. Go Figure

But doing that would take pressure off of someone like Davante Adams, in a reduced role maybe he learns regain his focus and confidence. Tough for a young player to work through his struggles while he's on the firing line.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Montgomery is the missing link.

Record when Ty touches the ball- 6-0
Record when Ty does not touch the ball- 1-4

Good stuff . But the Packers also have a guy name Randall Cobb who can be used in the same ways. If they knew how to use Janis Montgomery wouldn't even be an issue.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2010 team didn´t look as terrible at any point during the season as this year´s though, never trailing by more than seven points and not losing a game by more than four points.
I also mentioned the Giants, Cardinals and Ravens, all of whom looked pretty bad at certain points of their Super Bowl years.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree with you except we just haven't seemed to be working towards improvement...it seems to be the same issues week after week.

The common factor is Rodgers playing poorly, by the standard we've been accustomed to. Every QB has had bad stretches. It's amazing that it has taken Rodgers this long to have one. He'll pull out of it just like all the others have.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to go looking for the stats but guessing I can find the other 98% of teams through NFL history that had the same kind of losing stretches that didn't fare so well. I'm an optimist, but also a realist and so far the Packers offense, or lack there of, has proven that you can't rest on what they did in the past nor can they just expect to flip a switch and all is well.
You also don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. My point is that just because a team goes through a rough stretch doesn't mean they've suddenly lost the ability to be successful. The defense is solid. This is mostly about Rodgers getting himself back on track and our receivers catching the ball. Those are things that generally have to work themselves out, and they will.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd year or rookie receivers excelling with major offensive roles :

Beckham Jr.
Evans
Landry
M. Bryant
Cooks
John Brown
Allen Robinson
Allen Hurns
Amari Cooper

I'm not saying give up on Adams by any means, but it's not at all unprecedented for a 2nd year receiver to be thrust into a role like this, and to succeed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts