Davante Adams

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does he have any route running ability at all? And has he ever caught a ball in traffic? I swear, every time a defender is within a yard of him he just flubs the catch.

Also curious, does anyone know what the stats are this year when Rodgers throws to Adams? Attempts, completions, yards, interceptions, etc.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's time to write him off yet. Yeah, he's got the spotlight and doing himself no favours...but I still have hopes for him as a competing #3WR. But yeah, Janis needs to be in the mix more than Adams for now.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis won't be in the mix Rodgers doesnt "trust" him remember. But he does trust those who drop balls (Adams, Rodgers, Cobb, Jones.) I don't think it could get much worse if we do throw Janis in here and there, I am also hoping if abby and montgomery can make it back they may make a difference with the receiving corps as well.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasting a roster space.

Honestly, I am beginning to agree with this. Adams route running is horrible. He lollygags around out there and its almost as if hes not going all out on every route. He also seems to quit on some plays (pass or not) - Its almost like he isn't trying hard. He also has bad hands and drops a lot of passes. He also plays slower than his 40 time.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Adams. WR is one position that *SHOULD* make big strides in year two. But I'm not seeing it with Adams.

He is a mediocre WR.

They could cut Adams today and it wouldn't bother me none.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is infuriating. He was a high draft pick and looks like he was picked off of the undrafted free agent scrap heap. We could have a true receiver like Allen Robinson who Rodgers could continue to build chemistry with. Then he followed that pick with the slowest TE in the league. Thompson is terrible at drafting skill players in the lower rounds.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR is going to be a position of need headed into the offseason, even WITH Jordy coming back next year.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR is going to be a position of need headed into the offseason, even WITH Jordy coming back next year.
GM, head coach, and offensive coordinator should be a position of need. Mediocre talent, and the coach can't come up with a plan that works.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Honestly, I am beginning to agree with this. Adams route running is horrible. He lollygags around out there and its almost as if hes not going all out on every route. He also seems to quit on some plays (pass or not) - Its almost like he isn't trying hard. He also has bad hands and drops a lot of passes. He also plays slower than his 40 time.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in Adams. WR is one position that *SHOULD* make big strides in year two. But I'm not seeing it with Adams.

He is a mediocre WR.

They could cut Adams today and it wouldn't bother me none.
I agree with this except for the last sentence. He's only in his second year so he can get better but he really needs to step it up big time. Having him on the field instead of Janis (or Abby when he gets back) is looking more and more ridiculous.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this except for the last sentence. He's only in his second year so he can get better but he really needs to step it up big time. Having him on the field instead of Janis (or Abby when he gets back) is looking more and more ridiculous.
If he had a high motor and winning attitude instead of looking like he is sleepwalking half the time then acting like a sour **** when he drops a ball and tries to blame someone else instead of shouldering the blame, then it would be different.

He is averaging 10 yards per catch with 0 TDs. That might be good enough for the 2014 Chiefs, but those are horrific stats for a starter.

I acknowledge that you agree he sucks now, but he's showing loser on-field character that is discouraging and he might never grow out of.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Why doesn't this staff make moves and change things? Most NFL teams when they see a problem they fix it immediately. I would say losing at home to Detroit and Chicago that requires a change! How long do we have to suffer before they do something?!

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really hoped we would see some progression by now so this is really unsettling. Hopefully he gets it together or he might not make it to the second contract. Which is unfortunate since we need all the WR we could get right now.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also curious, does anyone know what the stats are this year when Rodgers throws to Adams? Attempts, completions, yards, interceptions, etc.

Rodgers has targeted Adams 63 times, resulting in 32 completions (50.8% completion percentage) for 322 yards (5.1 yards per attempt) with no touchdowns and an interception for a passer rating of 59.1.

Adams has been a major disappointment this season, especially after all the praise he got from Rodgers and the coaching staff this offseason.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't write Adams off yet either, plenty of receivers have struggled early in their careers before they "get it." Adams looks like a young player who is wilting under the pressure. Packers need to move him down the depth chart. Janis might not be a practice field star but he has looked good under the lights when given a chance.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'm fed up with Adams and all of his crap. I hope it doesn't take the powers that be another 3 years to realize he ain't all that.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'm fed up with Adams and all of his crap. I hope it doesn't take the powers that be another 3 years to realize he ain't all that.

Adams doesnt cost us anything to keep and plenty of young players have struggled early before turning into players for us. He deserves a chance to fight for a spot and work his way up to being a starter. He just needs to take a vacation from our top 3.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, and Martavis Bryant were all taken immediately after Adams or in the next round or two. All would be fantastic upgrades to Adams.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Donte Moncrief, and Martavis Bryant were all taken immediately after Adams or in the next round or two. All would be fantastic upgrades to Adams.

I wanted us to draft Jarvis Landry in that draft....................

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing him spend more time on the bench for now, but I am not ready to be rid of him now. He's fighting thru something, I don't remember his hands being this bad

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a tad bit annoyed when he whined for a PI this last game. He cost us a personal foul with his tantrums 2 weeks ago. Dude needs to catch the damn ball before anyone (refs, teammates, opposition, fans) gives you the respect that you think you deserve!

Members online

Latest posts