Davante Adams

Sky King

Reaction score
It's not just been his unreliable hands. He and Rodgers seem to have very little chemistry. That one mystifies me because of how effusive Rodgers praise of Adams had been last Summer. Was it just hype or have one or both of them regressed somehow? Very odd.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was calculated praise to boost his confidence. I think they recognize the talent, and we're trying to get him to realize and fulfill it. I have to imagine he was showing more in practice, which is one reason Rodgers seems to keep going to him to be able to make a play.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Adams first year 38 catches for 446 yards and 3 TD's were hopeful numbers that he would be an up and comer #3 WR. But in reality he was our #2 wide out behind Jordy. He was also teamed with Jordy and Cobb and thus was left one on one most of the year. So those numbers, although decent for a rookie, really shouldn't have said much. As we have seen, many receivers leave GB and look pedestrian in another system, Adams just has the distinction of being someone that has accomplished that while staying in GB.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He kinda reminds me of Kenny Britt. Lots of hype, and it turns out he can't run routes, drops tons of passes and has trouble controlling his emotions.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams first year 38 catches for 446 yards and 3 TD's were hopeful numbers that he would be an up and comer #3 WR. But in reality he was our #2 wide out behind Jordy. He was also teamed with Jordy and Cobb and thus was left one on one most of the year. So those numbers, although decent for a rookie, really shouldn't have said much. As we have seen, many receivers leave GB and look pedestrian in another system, Adams just has the distinction of being someone that has accomplished that while staying in GB.

Opponents defend Adams one on one most of the time this season as well as he isn't able to get open anyway.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this guy is just stopping on routes, drops open passes, and doesn't fight for contended passes. I'll admit that the last play of the game last night wasn't the easiest ball to catch, but he didn't fight for position either! Inexcusable.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He ALWAYS wants a flag, it's annoying to watch after seeing him give up on routes and drop balls.

After the Pats game last year I thought we had something in him, not so sure now.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis won't be in the mix Rodgers doesnt "trust" him remember. But he does trust those who drop balls (Adams, Rodgers, Cobb, Jones.) I don't think it could get much worse if we do throw Janis in here and there, I am also hoping if abby and montgomery can make it back they may make a difference with the receiving corps as well.

My exact thoughts. Really, how can Janis be worse than Adams with a 42% completion rating. AR is typically in the mid 70's%. Who's to blame there.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this guy is just stopping on routes, drops open passes, and doesn't fight for contended passes. I'll admit that the last play of the game last night wasn't the easiest ball to catch, but he didn't fight for position either! Inexcusable.

Yeah, he should of had that ball, it would have won the game. Now he is a piece of crap.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Drops and an inability to get open ... sounds like the entire receiving corps right now not just Adams. I'm in tune with every negative that everyone laid down in this thread and I'm plenty displeased with the fact that Rodgers (who has been having his difficulties as well) hits them in the freegin' hands - whether contested or not - and they drop the danged ball. In the NFL, receivers have to assume that they're going to be blanketed, but what is supposed to separate an NFL receiver from an Arena League receiver is an ability to come down with the ball more often than not when it hits them in the damned hands.

Gotta ask ... who FIRST said that Aaron needs to 'trust' his receiver before he'd throw to them? It's been repeated so much by the media so much that it's almost been adopted as "god's honest". Now, I have to believe that if Janis has the ability to get open ... Rodgers will hit him. Rodgers knows what side of the bread is buttered for him.

Janis can't get on the field, from what I understand, because he has an issue getting the playbook down. In a 'timing' passing game, that is everything. I'll say one thing though, he can't be any worse than what we've witnessed so far.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Heard the ball was suppose to be for Cobb

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a catch 22. How will he earn trust if there's no throws to him? Put him there and let him make the plays and comfort will build itself in.
He needs to EARN his throws. The RB's know if they fumble they're on the pines for a while... they need to EARN their way back into the rotation. Why is Adams any different? When he learns to run proper routes, make hard cuts and drive on slants (& not letting his QB getted picked on a weak route!) then he can, maybe, get a pass or 2 thrown his way.

IMHO Montgomery, Abby AND Janis need to be ahead of him in the rotation until he pulls his had out of his *** and commits to running proper routes. Making the jugs machine his new friend for the next 6 weeks wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Which would be another example of how discombobulated this offence is.

There was a play vs the Rams where Brett made a td throw to Levens but the ball was actually intended for Jeff Thomson I think. IIRC, Dorsey jumped up a little to grab it...But principle was the same..intended player never had a chance to touch it

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Question is who is the WR Coach? If a receiver isn't running routes correctly or developing then I am blaming that on his coaching. Adams has all of the tools to be a great receiver, however he hasn't taken the next step. I remember everyone jumping on James Jones because of all of his drops and he was able to fix that. Whomever the Receivers Coach is needs to work with Adams and Janis on their route recognition and expectation based on defensive situations.
Aaron and GB's Coaching Staff had been pumping Adams since OTA's of this year and even Cobb gave him props, so I have to believe he has showed them something that none of us has seen. He may have been a good practice player thus far which hasn't translated in the actual game yet. Oh & visa-versa Janis probably has done worse in practice, but has showed up huge in games when given the opportunity.
In the end of the day GB needs to invest a premium draft pick in getting Rodgers a true No. 1 Receiver. I know they wanted Odell Beckham but didn't pull the string to move up a few spots and get him. They also need to start getting true TE's who can stay healthy and stretch the field (no basketball players) but true Football TE's.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Edgar Bennett was coaching the WR's they had a higher expectation of themselves. Something is lacking right now within the WR Room. When Driver was here WR's didn't drop passes as frequently and also didn't want to get caught from behind. He set the stage for Jordy and the rest of the Receiver Group. We need another leader to emerge.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It's a catch 22. How will he earn trust if there's no throws to him? Put him there and let him make the plays and comfort will build itself in.
Receivers have to earn the trust of the QB and coaching staff in practice – both on the practice field and in meetings. If they don’t know how to adjust their routes depending upon what the D is doing on the practice field and if they can’t answer questions in meetings they are not earning trust. OTOH, one would think – at least I would hope – trust can be lost by poor performance and a display of bad attitude on the field during games. But that hasn’t been the case so far with Adams.
Gotta ask ... who FIRST said that Aaron needs to 'trust' his receiver before he'd throw to them? It's been repeated so much by the media so much that it's almost been adopted as "god's honest". Now, I have to believe that if Janis has the ability to get open ... Rodgers will hit him.
I don’t know when that idea became public FIRST, but if you ever heard Rodgers’ show hosted by Jason Wilde you heard that idea expressed more than once. There are probably plenty of quotes by Rodgers that directly imply that concept. Sometimes what the fans and media take as gospel isn’t correct, but I don’t believe this is one of those times.

Reaction score
I think the most disturbing problem is the route running. something that is one of the main reason Janis isn't on the field yet this guy runs quite possibly the worst slant route I've ever seen. No intensity no speed just lazy it's sad. If it's his ankle then let him get healthy. But honestly if he isn't running routes and isn't catching the ball (if he catches the one early in the game when he had the defender beat.. it probably scores.) then what are they losing with throwing Janis out there. Why not give the ball to him on a screen just like adams and let him work. I was not on the Janis train at first but watching these returns I mean how can you not give him more opportunities. I was believing the hype with Adams but the guy has not lived up to it. The fundamentals are just not there

Members online

Latest posts