1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Darren Sharper

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cupacker, Jan 11, 2013.

1. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
  2. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +998
  3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    Who's Darren Sharper?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,064
    Zach at cheeseheadtv picked the 9ers. It's not personal. They are at home and stacked.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Others have picked the Niners..

If their def wasnt so good then Packers might get more love

6. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
  7. The Rivalry

The Rivalry Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Sharper was literally the dumbest safety in GB's history. If you'd like a tutorial on how to play out of position and take bad angles, just go to the archives and watch the horror unfold before your eyes. Oddly enough, he was a superb athlete and made many plays through sheer athletic ability. On a couple occassions I can remember him being soo out of position that he actually intercepted the ball based soley on the fact that the opposing QB couldn't possibly percieve him being where he was!! But 4th and 26, Owens,owens,owens, and too many other plays to mention have DS's fingerprints all over them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    So, instead of being thankful he was a Packer, he's bitter. Who cares? In 20 years, everyone will be asking the same question. Just thought I'd get a jump on 'em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    Niners are the safe bet, doesn't mean it's the right one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,061
    As you say above ...My feelings on Sharper as well except that I'll make one little addition to his resume. The guy DID carve himself a nice little Pro-Bowler type career by seemingly making every Sports Center highlight shot conceivable ... following receivers into the endzone. Classic stuff there. I will always consider Sharper a Viking. You know, when the Pack let Eugene Robinson go to Atlanta, he warned that Sharper wasn't 'ready'...but, because Sharper had a big rookie year, trailing plays that resulted in turnovers that he fell on...Sharper stayed and Robinson left for Atlanta.

12. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,061
    The local guys aren't exactly on the bandwagon neither.
    http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130111/PKR01/301120256/Video-How-we-re-picking-Saturday-s-game

Green Bay's WBAY ran a special last night and all 4 local guys including Jason Wilde chose the 49'ers.

I suppose, I can see that pick given the beat down the 9'ers put on the Pack week one...but, that was then...this is now. Make no mistake, the 9'ers are a good team and deserve to be where they're at, and have earned their record ... but, as I've said ... that was then, this is now. The 9'ers could very well beat the Pack tonight ... but let's flip that coin a few more times ... this is going to be a tough game. If it ends in defeat for the Packers, I'm not going to be looking for a silo to jump off of or anything...but, I'm seriously holding out hope (hope IS a plan, I don't give a crap what anyone says).

Go Pack

13. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    Went 4-0 lat week Packers I trust.

14. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +364
    It's not like Sharper quit the team in favor of the Vikings, he was released by Ted in his first year. I have nothing against the man.

15. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,061
    Me neither. Just sayin' that I wasn't enthralled with guy when he was in green and gold. He is one of the three "unholy triumvirate". Sharper, "The other guy" and "The Fella from Applebee's". They all CHOSE to be Vikies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    He's one 'o da hawdest hittin safeties in da league!!