Darren Sharper

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zach at cheeseheadtv picked the 9ers. It's not personal. They are at home and stacked.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Others have picked the Niners..

If their def wasnt so good then Packers might get more love

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He continues to pick against us in the playoffs. It worked in 2010, hopefully it will work again...

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story/0...nd-analysts-unanimously-pick-broncos-patriots
Sharper was literally the dumbest safety in GB's history. If you'd like a tutorial on how to play out of position and take bad angles, just go to the archives and watch the horror unfold before your eyes. Oddly enough, he was a superb athlete and made many plays through sheer athletic ability. On a couple occassions I can remember him being soo out of position that he actually intercepted the ball based soley on the fact that the opposing QB couldn't possibly percieve him being where he was!! But 4th and 26, Owens,owens,owens, and too many other plays to mention have DS's fingerprints all over them.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sharper was literally the dumbest safety in GB's history. If you'd like a tutorial on how to play out of position and take bad angles, just go to the archives and watch the horror unfold before your eyes. Oddly enough, he was a superb athlete and made many plays through sheer athletic ability. On a couple occassions I can remember him being soo out of position that he actually intercepted the ball based soley on the fact that the opposing QB couldn't possibly percieve him being where he was!! But 4th and 26, Owens,owens,owens, and too many other plays to mention have DS's fingerprints all over them.

As you say above ...My feelings on Sharper as well except that I'll make one little addition to his resume. The guy DID carve himself a nice little Pro-Bowler type career by seemingly making every Sports Center highlight shot conceivable ... following receivers into the endzone. Classic stuff there. I will always consider Sharper a Viking. You know, when the Pack let Eugene Robinson go to Atlanta, he warned that Sharper wasn't 'ready'...but, because Sharper had a big rookie year, trailing plays that resulted in turnovers that he fell on...Sharper stayed and Robinson left for Atlanta.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The local guys aren't exactly on the bandwagon neither.
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130111/PKR01/301120256/Video-How-we-re-picking-Saturday-s-game

Green Bay's WBAY ran a special last night and all 4 local guys including Jason Wilde chose the 49'ers.

I suppose, I can see that pick given the beat down the 9'ers put on the Pack week one...but, that was then...this is now. Make no mistake, the 9'ers are a good team and deserve to be where they're at, and have earned their record ... but, as I've said ... that was then, this is now. The 9'ers could very well beat the Pack tonight ... but let's flip that coin a few more times ... this is going to be a tough game. If it ends in defeat for the Packers, I'm not going to be looking for a silo to jump off of or anything...but, I'm seriously holding out hope (hope IS a plan, I don't give a crap what anyone says).

Go Pack

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Me neither. Just sayin' that I wasn't enthralled with guy when he was in green and gold. He is one of the three "unholy triumvirate". Sharper, "The other guy" and "The Fella from Applebee's". They all CHOSE to be Vikies.

Members online

Latest posts