Darren Sharper Back In Green Bay??????????????

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack brought in 3 players - a LB and 2 DEs. Unless Dom is looking at some radical new type of Safety, looks like TT isn't even thinking about getting another safety. (I think if we do get a safety it will be underwood and we really don't need to bring him in). Chance of Sharper coming to GB? < 0.1%

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"fans"???? Damn straight Rice fumbled which makes the ending irrelevant. And yes, true fans do gripe about that sort of thing.
Absolutely.
Some people like to say "refs bad calls tend to even out"..... oh really? Do they? Over time? Over 25 years maybe. But in one game, they often do not.

Ask Charles Woodson and his 2001-02 Raiders who had their playoff game taken away when they invented the Brady Tuck Rule.

Ask Seahawk fans when the refs screwed them versus Pittsburgh in that Super Bowl 5 years ago when Big Ben had a 30 passing rating, but got 2 huge bad calls from the zebras.

And last year's loss in Chicago week 3, the refs were the #1 star of the game by far.
I still have it on DVR and they screwed us directly on Hester's PR touchdown, on Finley's TD that was taken away, and they had 2 touchy calls on us on game-changing Ints of Cutler. One the call on Zombo and the other on Burnett.

Anyway, about the Jerry Rice one in the game Young-to Owens killed us: Obviously that was a horrible, fatal miss by the zebras.
We had no chance to win anyway that year (1998) because Wolf passed on Randy Moss. The Vikings were light-years better than us that year.

But what's funny is I remember a few years ago a Packer game on NFL Network in Green Bay, before the game the crew was on the field doing their pre-game. Mariucci was one of them.
I could hear about 100 fans behind them in the bleachers there chanting "Jerry Rice fumbled. Jerry Rice fumbled. Jerry Rice fumbled". This was about 10 years after the game! Cracked me up so much.

Great fans never forget.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Flynn goes down I wonder who the media would speculate as a backup off the street.....I can hear the word "gunslinger" being said right now.

This is a joke, I know we would activate Graham more than likely. No way TT would ever make that phone call.

If Flynn goes down, we're resigned Favre to backup Rodgers fo sho!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You forgot the other side of the equation:

Stupid plays - blown coverage/poor tackling/poor angles/etc:

2009: 29
2007: 23
2006: 21

He's got a ring, can't take that away from him, and he played lights out in 2009. He's still got in him, but I don't know after watching him do nothing in 2010.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got a ring, can't take that away from him, and he played lights out in 2009. He's still got in him, but I don't know after watching him do nothing in 2010.
Then we are set - we don't need Sharper. We have Jarrett Bush as he has a ring also.

The thing about Sharper is they only show his good plays on Sportscenter. They don't show all the bone headed plays he also has a tendency to make. More accurately you should state, "Sharper played lights out for a few plays per game in 2009"

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anymore rumors about Sharper coming back to Green Bay? Or has he signed with Broncos?
I got a tweet from Schefter today that he had worked out with Denver, but had not signed.
I'd trust him a lot more than Brandon Underwood, if it came to that.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys know that this thread is a speculation of an NFL.COM article speculating about Darren Sharper, right? Essencially, Darren Sharper to GB is a speculation of a speculation.

Not a single little fact. Just the awful La Canfora wondering and throwing it out there to see if it gets any push.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Darren's twitter messages lately about going to the Brewers game and tweeting about the Packers/Saints game. He seemed pretty happy to be back in GB. So, i hope they can sign him. He was always one of my favs back when he was with the team.

Say they do sign him. Would he take another number , since Morgan wears # 42? You know how some players are attached to their numbers.
Now it's not only a speculation of a speculation of Sharper signing with GB, it's also a speculation regarding what number he would possibly wear if the speculation of the speculation of him signing with GB occured.

Just to make it clear...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I speculated you would understand the speculation of a speculation about the speculation regarding the speculation of a speculation.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys know that this thread is a speculation of an NFL.COM article speculating about Darren Sharper, right? Essencially, Darren Sharper to GB is a speculation of a speculation.

Not a single little fact. Just the awful La Canfora wondering and throwing it out there to see if it gets any push.
It's irrelevant, irreverent and irrational.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts