Darn it....Packers are Ameica's team.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Green Bay is not only Title Town but the Packer's are America's team. I don't care what some cowboy sports writer said.Anyone call Bears America's team...LOL

Urban Dictionary: America's Team

20 years of the REAL AMERICA'S TEAM | Marketplace | Find Articles at BNET
Green Bay as 'America's Team' - NFC North Blog - ESPN
If the Packers aren't "America's" team,then WI should secede from the Union | Facebook

Don't want to bore you,,,could have given of hundreds of sources

I report, you decide :happy0005:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we take it personally because seeing the word "America" seems like it's for all Americans when it's not.
And it is easier to think that the Packers should have that tag because of their history.
It's a tag that's probably not going away anytime soon. Unless the 'Boys don't go to any more SBs for a looooong time.

Try not to let it bother you.
All what matters is what's in your heart. And NO ONE can take that away from you or replace that.
This is another reason why the Packers need to go to the SB.
So that they can play America's game on the turf of "America's Team."
But no matter who plays in the SB, you can take some personal satisfaction that it ain't gonna be the 'Boys on their home field.
Which should stick another fork into their "America's Team" moniker.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
haha, from Urban Dictionary

America's Team 68 up, 75 down
buy america's team mugs, tshirts and magnets
Not the Dallas Cowboys, but the Green Bay Packers as many people believe. First off, the Packers are not owned by a single person, but the city of Green Bay and the stockholders. They are the only professional team to have this financial setup. The Cowboys, however, are owned by a redneck retard. Secondly, the Packers have 12 NFL championships, three of which were Super Bowls (I, II, and XXXI). Also, the Packers have won three consecutive championships not once, but twice, once with Lambeau and once with Lombardi. The reason that the Packers aren't recognized for these feats are because many people, including the sports writers on ESPN, don't recognize the NFL championships won before the Super Bowl era. The Dallas Cowboys, however, have only won 5 NFL championships. Lastly, the Packers have been in existence since 1919, joining the NFL in 1921, and the Cowboys have only been in existence since 1960. So in conclusion, the Packers are the real America's Team because they represent humble beginnings, small town America, small town success, the caring support of a community, perseverance, the team owned and for the people, and the American Dream. The Cowboys, on the other hand, represe...

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've lived in quite a few different areas of the States and there seem to always be packer fans or packer bars. The packer bar when I lived in San Diego was amazing. I don't see Cowboy bars and fans all over the place and generally I have found people to go out of their way to say they dislike them. The Steelers though seem to honestly have fans all over the place as well.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a small dive bar right by SDSU. I have no idea what the name was but they had a packer flag outside and would open an hour early on Sundays for Packer games.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
A couple of those links didn't work for me, but I got the picture!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh, ok. I live in San Diego. Last season I went to the Aussie Pub in Pacific Beach. This season I have been at the Beachwood, which is co-owned by Aaron Rodgers. Both are great places to watch Packers games with LOTS of Packers fans.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see they have some more places now. I was always looking for one and finally found the one I went to. It was pretty old school. Serious veteran Packer fans though. No families or people just there to party. I think it was the 04 season I went there.

UWPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just declare the Packers as the "Universe's (And Parallel Universe's) Team." That should supersede "America's Team" by a few galaxies.

OP
OP
GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
This has been a pet peeve of mine since the Cowboys first started this "America's team" crap. They are not, the Bears are not. If any team deserves the name, and I personally think none really do, it would be the Packers because of the way the ownership of the team is set up. They may claim to be "Americas team" but the Packers are the "Fans" team for sure.

Latest posts