Da Bears Round 2 Weekly Chat Thread

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Typical Captain. I respond to a post saying "we are asking Rodgers to play"- now I am assuming OldSchool means the coaching staff, not us fans, so I am basically saying the staff is not asking Rodgers to play (or to not play) which it seems Captain agrees with, yet he makes his response to me seem like he is correcting me about it. Ya gotta love this guy.
Yeah but as you yourself have said before IMO, and that`s HIS opinion which he`s entitled to. Just saying.

D

Deleted member 6794

Right, let's just ignore the possibility of losing players for next year, to try and take advantage of the 2% odds of making the playoffs and very likely losing before getting to the SB! I can only imagine the reaction of this forum tomorrow when talking about how long it will be for Rodgers to return from his broken leg.

Why do you think they take starters out, on both sides of the ball in games when it appears one team is most likely to win due to the score? Is it because the game is over and one team has mathematically been declared the loser?

I would actually go so far to say that I would rather risk starters in preseason games, to try and improve the team for the upcoming season, then risk them in games that I see as meaningless at the end of the season.

I don't want the Packers to play scared. Injuries are part of the game but I definitely don't want them to rest players for next season as long as there's a chance for them to make the playoffs.

Most of us know this team is not a playoff caliber team but if we can get a top 10 pick in the coming draft we can infuse the team with good young talent and reload for next season.

Actually this team could be a playoff team if they performed up to potential.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want the Packers to play scared. Injuries are part of the game but I definitely don't want them to rest players for next season as long as there's a chance for them to make the playoffs.

Actually this team could be a playoff team if they performed up to potential.
They certainly could have earned 7th seed especially when you got wins over Tampa and Dallas. Losing to Philly, Buffalo, Minnesota, and Tennessee were expected. It was going from 3-1 to 3-5 that was inexcusable. Those teams were very beatable. And we shot ourselves.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
You know what other category Hurts leads Fields in by a landslide? Other talent on the team.
I never disagreed with that. My point is that elite QBs raise the level of play around them. Make all the excuses that you guys want for Fields. His two interceptions were bad and cost them the game.

D

Deleted member 6794

They certainly could have earned 7th seed especially when you got wins over Tampa and Dallas. Losing to Philly, Buffalo, Minnesota, and Tennessee were expected.

I didn't expect losses against any of those teams aside of Buffalo entering the season.

Members online

Latest posts