Da Bears Round 2 Weekly Chat Thread

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Fields plays he is 1/2 the QB through the air that Hurts is and that may be rounded up. Yes he can run with the best of them but the dude is almost zero threat through the air.

I also don't believe the Bears sign Boyle to active if Fields is playing....Siemian, Peterman or Boyle will be their QB.
The Bears are probably more beat up than we are and certainly do not have the talent Philly has. Watching them get blown away by the Jets felt eerily similar to our woes. Imagine that they once had a D line which included Khalil, Akeem, and Quinn. What we could have done with that for 3 years. Of course they paid for them.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Chicago has primarily a rushing attack, and a rushing QB that is a notch above the one we just faced. Chicago can keep Rodgers on the sidelines and run for 300 yards on us if Philly can. Don't be so confident that this Packers team can beat the Fields led Bears.
I don't agree with this at all. Hurts is clearly the better QB both on the ground and through the air. Even if Field plays the Bears are completely beat up. They just lost Moony and Jackson. They had to sign guys off others practice squads and elevate guys from their own to fill out their roster. They traded both Quinn and Smith. They have a hard time getting after the QB. I fully expect the Packers to torch this defense running and throwing. Could they lose? Absolutely the Packers could lose to this team. Look how they played against the Lions. However, regardless of Fields playing I'm confident that the Packers can win this game. Fields genuinely doesn't scare me. Yes, he will make some plays with his legs. Keep him in the pocket and he will make some atrocious throw. I don't think he plays anyway. The Bear's season is over. They will do the smart thing and sit him. Packers will play a gimpy Rodgers.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Fields plays he is 1/2 the QB through the air that Hurts is and that may be rounded up. Yes he can run with the best of them but the dude is almost zero threat through the air.

I also don't believe the Bears sign Boyle to active if Fields is playing....Siemian, Peterman or Boyle will be their QB.
That is not the point. The point is Fields and the Bears can run for 300 and it's no lock we'll win with how we're playing on defense. THEY DON'T HAVE TO PASS THE BALL. I expect the offense to put up points, but they may be on the sidelines an awful lot this game. Hopefully it's a different story if Campbell is back playing at ILB.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree with this at all. Hurts is clearly the better QB both on the ground and through the air. Even if Field plays the Bears are completely beat up. They just lost Moony and Jackson. They had to sign guys off others practice squads and elevate guys from their own to fill out their roster. They traded both Quinn and Smith. They have a hard time getting after the QB. I fully expect the Packers to torch this defense running and throwing. Could they lose? Absolutely the Packers could lose to this team. Look how they played against the Lions. However, regardless of Fields playing I'm confident that the Packers can win this game. Fields genuinely doesn't scare me. Yes, he will make some plays with his legs. Keep him in the pocket and he will make some atrocious throw. I don't think he plays anyway. The Bear's season is over. They will do the smart thing and sit him. Packers will play a gimpy Rodgers.
you don't agree with my take at all, then you state that they could lose to the Bears. Hence, agreeing with my take that yes.... it is possible that we lose to the lowly Bears if Fields plays. And I don't care that they lost Mooney, or their safety. I doubt Mooney has any skill blocking considering his stature. And if you don't think that Fields is a step above Hurts in the running department: Fields ran a 4.44. Hurts a 4.59. Find me a better performance from Hurts than this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a year in which we are having our worst season since 2005 it can be said that the Bears are right there with us. After all the Bears are the Bears.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you don't agree with my take at all, then you state that they could lose to the Bears. Hence, agreeing with my take that yes.... it is possible that we lose to the lowly Bears if Fields plays. And I don't care that they lost Mooney, or their safety. I doubt Mooney has any skill blocking considering his stature. And if you don't think that Fields is a step above Hurts in the running department: Fields ran a 4.44. Hurts a 4.59. Find me a better performance from Hurts than this:
Now Fields and co. Could run for 300 yards. The difference between them and the Eagles is that the Bears can still lose such a game. Not Philly.

Krabs

Reaction score
All I would have to do is show you the Packer game from last week. I don't agree with your take on Fields. I think the Packers can lose to anyone and they already proved that against the Lions. They can lose to the Bears regardless if Fields plays.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I would have to do is show you the Packer game from last week. I don't agree with your take on Fields. I think the Packers can lose to anyone and they already proved that against the Lions. They can lose to the Bears regardless if Fields plays.
157 rushing and no tds is not better than 178 and a rushing td (against a better run defense). Try again.

D

Deleted member 6794

There is next to a zero chance GB goes playoff bound with 8 losses and 5 games to play. The odds are insanely slim and us Packer fans of anyone know better.

I'm in favor of the Packers playing Rodgers if he's cleared as long as they have a chance of making the playoffs.

As I have mentioned before I don't expect them to win their remaining five games but if they do for some reason there's a decent chance they end up making the postseason.

They could even win a tiebreaker over the Giants and Commanders if the Seahakws end up with the same record.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in favor of the Packers playing Rodgers if he's cleared as long as they have a chance of making the playoffs.

As I have mentioned before I don't expect them to win their remaining five games but if they do for some reason there's a decent chance they end up making the postseason.

They could even win a tiebreaker over the Giants and Commanders if the Seahakws end up with the same record.
Even 9-8 is highly unlikely to earn a WC. It has happened but the probability is what you describe.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
One thing that hasn’t been mentioned (that I’ve saw)

The Bears and Packers are tied for the most franchise wins ever at 786. Baring a tie one team will come out of this game to take or retake the lead.

Rodgers would have to have an amputated leg to keep him out of this game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lose tie breakers for the Giants and washington. What if it's saying us, the giants, and seattle? Head to Head not become the number one priority anymore if it's a three-way tie?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lose tie breakers for the Giants and washington. What if it's saying us, the giants, and seattle? Head to Head not become the number one priority anymore if it's a three-way tie?
Have at it... :)

Krabs

Reaction score
157 rushing and no tds is not better than 178 and a rushing td (against a better run defense). Try again.
Man, you really like yourself some Justin Fields. I don't see the sense of starting some weird argument over non Packer QB's. Fields has looked better this year than last, but still makes major mistakes. Hurts leads Fields in every single significant statistical category including rushing TDs. The only thing that Fields has more of is rushing yardage. Just my opinion, and to each their own, I take Hurts every time over Fields. I don't think Fields leads the Bears to the promise land any time soon. Hurts might just do that for the Eagles this year. I'll leave it at that @GreenNGold_81.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless those teams ahead of us crater the rest of the season I see no chance of us getting the WC spot. Even if we did what good would that do? We aren't going to beat the upper echelon of teams in the NFC with the state of this roster this year. We'd be better off in the long run to get a top 10 draft pick so we are picking early in each round so we can infuse this team with good young talent.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Unless those teams ahead of us crater the rest of the season I see no chance of us getting the WC spot. Even if we did what good would that do? We aren't going to beat the upper echelon of teams in the NFC with the state of this roster this year. We'd be better off in the long run to get a top 10 draft pick so we are picking early in each round so we can infuse this team with good young talent.
Honestly that’s where I’m at as well. This team is not equip to make any sort of run.

Reaction score
I realize we’re not eliminated (yet) but we’re asking our QB to play after he just said he thought he punctured a lung on Sunday night.

If #12 plays and gets seriously injured in December and we lose 2 consecutive seasons and pay Rodgers $100Mil to get butt splinters?

I’ll expect a clean house coaching staff and FO from top to bottom.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, you really like yourself some Justin Fields. I don't see the sense of starting some weird argument over non Packer QB's. Fields has looked better this year than last, but still makes major mistakes. Hurts leads Fields in every single significant statistical category including rushing TDs. The only thing that Fields has more of is rushing yardage. Just my opinion, and to each their own, I take Hurts every time over Fields. I don't think Fields leads the Bears to the promise land any time soon. Hurts might just do that for the Eagles this year. I'll leave it at that @GreenNGold_81.
It's not weird, IMO, to discuss other players in the league. You said Hurts was better at passing AND rushing. I challenged you to prove that he's better at rushing and I don't think your arguments hold water. I'm not suggesting he's a better passer at this point in their careers though I will say his draft profile from last year would indicate he has a higher ceiling in that regard. As I mentioned to back up my opinion: Fields is faster, has broken Vick's single-game record, and has a higher draft pedigree as both a rusher and passer. He's stifled by an offense that lacks talent but that's not Fields fault. Fields has more yards after contact rushing (175 vs. 125) and not just more rushing yards (834 vs. 597). AND more first downs rushing: 55 vs 50. All on an inferior offense. Sounds like there's more significant stats you had to consider when you mentioned "every single significant statistical category". Lol.

That said, I despise the Bears and do want to see this kid fail miserably. IMO, if they give Fields weapons, as Packer fans we need to be aware that they could be very good on offense for a while.

Krabs

Reaction score
It's not weird, IMO, to discuss other players in the league. You said Hurts was better at passing AND rushing. I challenged you to prove that he's better at rushing and I don't think your arguments hold water. I'm not suggesting he's a better passer at this point in their careers though I will say his draft profile from last year would indicate he has a higher ceiling in that regard. As I mentioned to back up my opinion: Fields is faster, has broken Vick's single-game record, and has a higher draft pedigree as both a rusher and passer. He's stifled by an offense that lacks talent but that's not Fields fault. Fields has more yards after contact rushing (175 vs. 125) and not just more rushing yards (834 vs. 597). AND more first downs rushing: 55 vs 50. All on an inferior offense. Sounds like there's more significant stats you had to consider when you mentioned "every single significant statistical category". Lol.

That said, I despise the Bears and do want to see this kid fail miserably. IMO, if they give Fields weapons, as Packer fans we need to be aware that they could be very good on offense for a while.
They don't need Hurts to rush the ball because he can throw it too. Fields, not so much. The Bears made the offense around the only good thing that Fields can do, which is smart on their account. My guess would be that Hurts would have more rushing yards if he were not so versatile. It is also not as though the Eagles receivers strike fear in the hearts of defenders. He's using what he has. Good QBs tend to raise the level of play of the teammates around them. It's odd to me that everyone makes excuses for Fields bad play. His arm is erratic and the coaches made the decision to run him more due to that. I look at it as more of a default move on their part. Regardless, I don't think we will agree on this and maybe you're right. If they get a few good WRs it would help. That's probably the case with all QBs. Anyway, I see your point and as always, GPG!

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather them beat the bears and tank for better pick rest of the way.
I hate the bears, but I would rather them lose this game and beat the Queens. I still can't get the image of Moss "mooning" our fans. I hated them before that, but my hatred grew to a new level after that.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

As bad as the Bears are, I`d bet that at the moment they are licking their chops at the thought of giving Rodgers a bloody nose for the "I still own you !" comment he made. I know I would be.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If #12 plays and gets seriously injured in December and we lose 2 consecutive seasons and pay Rodgers $100Mil to get butt splinters?

I’ll expect a clean house coaching staff and FO from top to bottom.
This should happen regardless. Gute for sure, Murphy as well. The whole Love drafting was bungled. The recent Rodgers signing was bungled. If they hadn't received a commitment from Adams, they should have traded Rodgers for what would have made the Russ Wilson trade look like peanuts. Now we've got serious cap issues whether Rodgers comes back next year, retires or is traded. We also have a problem with JMA (Jaire Money Alexander). Rodgers didn't want to be part of a rebuilding effort but yet, here we are.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should happen regardless. Gute for sure, Murphy as well. The whole Love drafting was bungled. The recent Rodgers signing was bungled. If they hadn't received a commitment from Adams, they should have traded Rodgers for what would have made the Russ Wilson trade look like peanuts. Now we've got serious cap issues whether Rodgers comes back next year, retires or is traded. We also have a problem with JMA (Jaire Money Alexander). Rodgers didn't want to be part of a rebuilding effort but yet, here we are.
Some folks desperately need to be unemployed. Barry is a garbage DC that needs to go, I sincerely believe it MLF hadn't hired him, he'd no longer be in the NFL. Before GB, he coached a 0 win team, to a bad Lions team, to us.

Members online

Latest posts