Cullen Jenkins looks like a target for Bears

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Bears don’t have a lot of key free agents to re-sign when free agency hits.* Defensive tackle Anthony Adams looks like a priority according to John Mullin of CSNChicago.com, but that’s practically it. While we don’t expect another Julius Peppers-type splash in free agency, the Bears have more work to do on the defensive…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If real, now we'll see Jenkins' character.

I know, this is business. But still, Kampman refused offers from both Bears and Vikings to sign with Jax. And will be forever remembered by that. But AK74 is out of this world. He's a saint, for crying out loud.

I love Big ****, wish him the best. Actually, wish he would re-sign with us. But if he goes to a rival, I can't cheer for him...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It said the Bears are after Jenkins - it didn't mention if Jenkins was interested. Doesn't bother me a bit, though, if he did. If the Packers don't want to pay for his services, he is wise to do what is best for himself and his family. This is his last big payday, probably for the rest of his life. This next signing bonus will dictate what college his grandchildren attend. Its no time for him to be worrying about what some fans of his former team think.

Good luck to him! He is an excellent player and I have enjoyed him playing for the Packers. I still hope the Pack resigns him - but if it doesn't work out, I wish him the best.

Now, if Jenkins does sign with the Bears, who is going to be the first to compare to Favre situation? Allow me to head that off with - Jenkins did not say he wanted to stick it to the Packers so he chose the Bears; Jenkins did not go on Greta and *****; Jenkins did not behave like an elitist snob - demanding management make certain moves for his benefit; Jenkins did not . .. . oh - I think these have been typed a million time - you all know the arguments.

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say it aint so

Just saw this via rotoworld...

"CSN Chicago's John "Moon" Mullin believes the Bears will target DL Cullen Jenkins once free agency opens.
Per Mullin, Jenkins projects as a top priority, along with re-signing DT Anthony Adams. Mullin cites "organizational thinking," so it's possible that he's privy to front office whispers. Henry Melton is still slated to replace Tommie Harris, but Matt Toeaina isn't seen as the long-term answer nose tackle"

I couldn't imagine seeing Jenkins in orange and blue. On paper, it seems like a perfect fit...he wants big money and Chicago dishes out the green in free agency. How would you feel about this if the bears do sign him once free agency begins.

Oh yeah, i almost forgot...:chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux::chisux:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
egh... I dont really have a problem with it. I would rather have them invest all their money on a aging D line than spend it wisely. Hopefully they sign him for a 6 year contract lol

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I may be a little soft & gushy but, like PackersRS, I couldn't support him as a Bear OR Viking. Too big of rivalries. He's entitled to go where he's sees fit for his situation however, I also am entitled to be pissed about it. Gotta love Aaron Kampman.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good post AmishMafia: If Jenkins accepts the best offer I don't think it says anything about his character, just his intelligence. That could change depending upon what he says after he leaves but I think he just doesn't say 'It's a business', I think he believes that. And for cry'n out loud, he just got a ring (well almost) - having hard feelings against the organization that got him there makes no sense.

I agree, ivo610. The Bears need an infusion of youth and at least a couple of starters on their OL. Spending big money on a 30 year old DL doesn't make any sense. Particularly one who missed 17 games in the last three seasons. Look at how their CB Jennings was picked on, let alone their nickel back and CB Tillman is 30. Urlacher's 32 and Briggs is 30. Peppers is 31. Kreutz used to be a great OC but he's 33 and since he's a UFA they need to overpay him too! Their WR corp isn't very good. So if their #1 target is Jenkins, they really don't know what they're doing IMO.

GreenBayGal, I don't support ANY former Packer playing in the league. I don't wish them ill (with one exception), but I certainly don't support them.

BTW, I don't remember reading about Kampman turning down higher offers from the Bears or Vikings, or not even considering offers from them. Not saying it isn't true, but is there a link confirming that?

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
GreenBayGal, I don't support ANY former Packer playing in the league. I don't wish them ill (with one exception), but I certainly don't support them.

I don't wish him ill (personally) but I certainly don't wish for him to be successful when he's with the enemy. As for that other guy, he had a personal vendetta against the Packers (IMO) so I may wish for him to get a bad hangnail or jock itch.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't wish him ill (personally) but I certainly don't wish for him to be successful when he's with the enemy. As for that other guy, he had a personal vendetta against the Packers (IMO) so I may wish for him to get a bad hangnail or jock itch.

If he would have had jock itch it would have shown on the pictures! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post AmishMafia: If Jenkins accepts the best offer I don't think it says anything about his character, just his intelligence. That could change depending upon what he says after he leaves but I think he just doesn't say 'It's a business', I think he believes that. And for cry'n out loud, he just got a ring (well almost) - having hard feelings against the organization that got him there makes no sense.

I agree, ivo610. The Bears need an infusion of youth and at least a couple of starters on their OL. Spending big money on a 30 year old DL doesn't make any sense. Particularly one who missed 17 games in the last three seasons. Look at how their CB Jennings was picked on, let alone their nickel back and CB Tillman is 30. Urlacher's 32 and Briggs is 30. Peppers is 31. Kreutz used to be a great OC but he's 33 and since he's a UFA they need to overpay him too! Their WR corp isn't very good. So if their #1 target is Jenkins, they really don't know what they're doing IMO.

BTW, I don't remember reading about Kampman turning down higher offers from the Bears or Vikings, or not even considering offers from them. Not saying it isn't true, but is there a link confirming that?
Damn you people that keep asking for old *** links!
Couldn't find it, but I definitely remember hearing that. It didn't circulate immediately, but rather in the middle of the season...

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I'd love to see Jenkins back, but I trust that TT & MM will make the right decision for the team. For better or for worse, the NFL has become a business and like every other business everyone has to do what is in his best interest. If Jenkins goes to another team in any other division I will wish him the best. If he goes to an NFC North team, I hope we crush them like bugs. At a minimum, if we do have to part ways, I trust that it can be an amicable separation.

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins isn't a Packers HOF'er, he's aging and will probably just get hurt anyway. I appreciate everything Cullen's done, coming from nowhere, but the Bears can have him, just shows how desperate they are and their complete and utter inability to develop their own players.

Over the past few years, who have they developed into a consistent performer? Greg Olsen, Matt Forte, Lance Briggs, and not much else. That franchise is inept at drafting/bringing in talent, they somehow get it to work because they can coach the hell out of players.

Members online

Latest posts