F>R's 2021 Mock Draft Thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander reminds me of T Buck. Small, skinny fast and a good kick returner. He's only 5-10 so he will be in the slot but probably get hurt a lot due to his light frame. For a team with an Olympic pool sized hot tub, why take a kid with such obvious red flags.

Ha, I knew he didn't like Alexander either and yet there he was being one of the best DB's in the league all year long and giving us a shot to win an NFCCG.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New DC loading....

Probably gonna hold off on mocks for now. I think we're looking at a definite defensive slant in the Draft, 7 picks to 4. Gonna be tricky nailing those 4 offensive picks down, but I currently see it being OT-OG-WR-? (No particular order)

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why I put the question mark, it all depends on what Jamaal and Tyler do in Free Agency.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
5th Mock: NFC Championship Game Overreaction

29th Overall: Alijah Vera-Tucker - OT/USC: This guys is THE swing tackle of the Draft. He can be the next Mr. Everything like Jenkins is for the right side of the line.

61st Overall: Marvin Wilson - DL/Florida State: Wilson keeps hovering in the at Day 2 range, and I still am in love with his length. The DL really misses Keke when he's not in the lineup, and Lowry is just a guy out there at times. Kenny needs some real consistent help to shore up this defensive line.

92nd Overall: Baron Browning - LB/Ohio State: Browning worked his *** off and to fly up from a late Day 3 - Priority UDFA to square in the sights of teams on Day 2. While I like what Martin and Barnes have shown in one year there's still a need for a top flight enforcer in the middle.

130th Overall: Kary Vincent Jr. - CB/LSU: This might seem a little late to take a CB, but this position group is deep with quality guys. Vincent has the speed and hips to hang with the premier athletic WRs in the league.

140th Overall: Alec Lindstrom - G/Boston College: Not as talented as his older brother but I have similar amounts of confidence in him. Plays both Guard and Center, with the possible departure of Corey Linsley, I like him as a potential starter out there in 2021.

170th Overall: Daelin Hayes - DL/Notre Dame: In a shallow DL class, I like Hayes as a potential utility player on the DL, we just need to get him in the weight room for a year so he can fill in a bit and hopefully a new defensive scheme will allow him to flourish in a year or two.

179th Overall: Marco Wilson - CB/Florida: I like the feisty Wilson has a possible Nickel CB who can also play on the outside. Needs more mentorship/coaching to play with a cool head but I don't mind a guy who's a little jabby as long as he's playing hard out there.

180th Overall: Josh Jobe - CB/Alabama: Three CBs, all who played big time snaps in the SEC, coincidence? Not at all, here's to you Ted....but Jobe is a CB in his own right, plays hard and contributes on Special Teams too, he could pay off big in a variety of ways.

209th Overall: Damonte Coxie - WR/Memphis: With no Combine and no Senior Bowl, I think Coxie could be a steal late on Day 3. The question is can he hang with the big time defenders in the NFL? He'll either bust out in 2 years or he'll be a Pro Bowler in 3.

222nd Overall: Tyler Vrabel - OT/Boston College: Son of a former Super Bowl winning player and coach, let's just say I'd like to tap in to the namesake and see what happens. He did look pretty good for BC. AJ Dillon would agree as well.

251st Overall: Tedarrell Slaton - DL/Florida: Slaton is a large human being but he carries his weight so well. I like him as the new, younger "Snacks" who just eats up blocks.

Easily the best mock I have seen. If this happens, I think Packers fans, staff and players would rejoice. Hell if Vera-Tucker fell to #29 I would be happy with just that pick.
Still would be very worried about CB next year though.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6th Mock: Packers hire Defensive Mastermind Joe Barry
29th Overall: Zaven Collins - LB/Tulsa: With Kirksey gone, the Packers have to be in the mix for either Collins, Cox, Browning, or Moses. Collins is probably the only "sure thing" they can bet on if he's available at 29th Overall. Once he's gone, I expect a lot of manuevering by other teams to select the others. If Gute pulls what he did last year with the WR position group in 2020, we'll really find out how good a LB Coach Joe Barry is in a hurry. But about the prospect in Collins, I don't see anything he can't do on the field....did you know he's a former 4-year starting QB in HS? Little nuggets like that make me like him even more.

61st Overall: Jalen Mayfield - OT/Michigan: Collins was too good to pass up so I move off my initial spot with Vera-Tucker and "settle" for Mayfield in the 2nd Round. Billy Turner is here to stay, but I don't want to see him at RT again please. Mayfield had the athleticism and raw power to dominate the right side of the line opposite Bakhtiari.

92nd Overall: Shaun Wade - CB/Ohio State: Until I know the status of Kevin King I can't turn down Wade in the 3rd. Hell, I'd take Wade even with King still on the roster; our depth behind Alexander/King is shaky to say the least, and I'd actually prefer Wade as a big nickel with the ability to push outside when necessary.

134th Overall: Marlon Tuipulotu - DL/USC: Wanted Tufele, had to settle for his teammate in Tuipulotu. "Tui" as I'll call him might be a bit of a project 3T, but I believe the risk is manageable given his balanced effectiveness against the run and the pass. Let me just say that Kenny Clark next to him might cause him to out play his draft position.

144th Overall: Paulson Adebo - CB/Stanford: I hope Shaun Wade is a good teammate, because the guy who just got drafted over 50 selections later I have playing over him on the outside in a post-King Packers defense. I'd happily draft him earlier if it wasn't for Tui being there, and honestly, I could see Gute possibly taking a similar risk on Draft Day hoping some DL "gems" fall later. But in a perfect world, Adebo is still available at 144th.

174th Overall: Sadarius Hutcherson - OG/South Carolina: Despite Billy Turner and the addition of Mayfield, I'd like another swing-tackle on this roster. We can't sacrifice Elgton Jenkins' talent playing Center. Hutcherson has experience at LT, RG, and RT and plays like a mauler, with a bit more of a mean streak than Turner. I'd like the odds he can push him for time sooner than later.

184th Overall: Janarius Robinson - DL/Florida State: Robinson underwhelmed at FSU but so did Marvin Wilson due to instability in the coaching staff, but when he was on, he was ON. I'd love to see what production an NFL Staff could get out of him playing 5T, especially considering he's already a plus run defender.

214th Overall: Joshuah Bledsoe - DB/Missouri: Not sure where he lines up, don't care. He is a ball hawk and he will thump in the run game playing in the box or lined up tight in man. He's the kind of player who plays with a bit of a mean streak which this defense so desperately needs. I'm not sure of his deep coverage abilities but it can't be worse than Redmond from what I've seen(and he won't drop INTs), but he absolutely shines in man coverage so I can live with it.

226th Overall: Johnathan Marshall - DL/Arkansas: Still reading about this guy, but he flew under the radar for the Razorbacks(can you blame him though?) This guy sheds blocks with ease and the motor runs HOT. Looks like a natural 3T/4T. Can he play 5T? I don't know but a base look with him and Tui lined up in 3T/4T next to Clark should suffice.

254th Overall: Damonte Coxie - WR/Memphis: Coxie is back on my board as our final pick in the 7th Round. He gives me G-Mo vibes, but without the drops and possibly better athleticism. We could do worse honestly.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wade couldn’t play outside in college, I’m not sure why you think he has the potential to push for it in the nfl.

Could be an okay nickel, but there are better guys, imo.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stated I preferred Wade as a Nickel. But in a pinch, if he's the second best CB on the roster than so be it. I also believe Wade has the flexibility to possibly move to Safety, so if that were the case due to depth, I wouldn't mind Savage coming down to play on the outside and let Wade cover over the top, he has the measurables for it and that may be his preferred position in the NFL anyway.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No joke I'd bet my child Adebo in no way makes it that far.

Adebo could go Top 100....he can also go Top 150. I think a round earlier between 85-120 is the sweet spot for him. I can't see him going earlier than Mid-3rd but I expect plenty of big "swings" on guys that GMs feel strongly about.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7th Mock: Preston Smith is a Packer for Life

29th Overall: Asante Samuel Jr - CB/Florida State: I guess the Packers COULD got Greg Newsome II(and they probably will just because of his size), but I still give Samuel the edge here in terms of the ability to play on the outside and in the slot, plus I think he's better against the run. I'll take that over a 3 inches any day.

61st Overall: Jalen Mayfield - OT/Michigan: I think going OT in the 2nd Round is possibly the best value decision they can make in the Draft, especially if Mayfield is there. Outside of a couple guys I think OTs #3-11 are pretty comparable in ability, with just some minor tweaks here and there. But they have to pull the trigger here or experience a pretty hefty drop off in talent. Mayfield is a 1st Round tackle in my opinion, he's just the 7th to maybe 9th best tackle in a class full of blue chips.

92nd Overall: Dylan Moses - LB/Alabama: That ILB group is incredibly thin, and outside of just taking a gamble on somebody late, they've got to fill it with somebody who can make a decent impact sooner rather than later, especially if Kamal Martin gets bit by the injury bug again. Enter, Moses, who is not only can go out there and excel from a leadership standpoint (he has experience at every LB spot), but also has the attitude in energy that when he finds the ball he's going to destroy whoever has it. Plus he's not a total liability in coverage either.

134th Overall: Marlon Tuipulotu - DL/USC: Jay Tufele and Levi Onwuzurike, where art thou? The league is going to snatch up the best DL talent early, but for the Packers to swing big at this position will cost them far too much in the first three rounds. As a sub package gem, I think Tuipulotu can add immensely to this defense immediately, and since sub packages are pretty much the new base defense in the NFL, I think he's a pretty good pick here in the 4th.

143rd Overall: Johnathan Adams Jr. - WR/Arkansas State: WHO? But wait, he's not a a slot receiver! I don't think the Packers are purely locked in on getting somebody who can line up in the slot, nor should they be. The Packers needed one more playmaker period, and Adams Jr. could be that guy. His highlight reel is littered with contested catches and jump balls. He ran a limited route tree at Arkansas State, but there are some instances of him lining up in the slot, as well as him running slants, curls, posts, etc from the outside. He fights hard through contact, which other than maybe Adams, no other WR on this roster seems to exhibit regularly. Blocks in the run game, ran 4.4 yesterday at his Pro Day, so probably the second fastest WR on the Packers roster if selected. Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year, Biletnikoff finalist, he checks all my boxes.

173rd Overall: Sadarius Hutcherson - OL/South Carolina: I just love this guy, I can't not mock him in to the Packers, I just hope they do too. Combined with the talents of Mayfield, I think these two added to the list of veterans already on the roster shore up any concerns we might have of the Packers not being able to execute if Bakhtiari isn't available Week 1. Hutcherson lines up anywhere other than Center, which give the Packers plenty of flexibility to put the best lineup out there possible.

182nd Overall: Johnathan Marshall - DL/Arkansas: This guy will dog opposing offensive lines every snap. Marshall I can see as a 3-down or "base" DL. Marshall, who demands attention in his own right, should give Clark more ability to push the pocket and get sacks. Add in Tuilupotu, and the veteran Keke, this should be a DL unit that compliments each other while also giving new DC Barry flexibility in his blitz packages. The name of the game in the system should for the OL and QB to not know where the rush is coming from, and Marshall will draw eyes every snap.

211th Overall: Joshuah Bledsoe - DB/Missouri: With Samuel selected at 29th, Bledsoe addresses that 3rd or 4th CB spot that may come into question. He also adds more versatility to the secondary with being able to play Safety. I also see him with great Special Teams value, and we all know how much that means to us.

225th Overall: Janarius Robinson - DE/Florida State: Robinson suffices as my DPR from Day 1 who also isn't necessarily awash in the run game. I think Robinson it's more of him understanding run fits better while also gaining more muscle in the weight room to be a complete player. He rounds out my full rebuild of the DL room. Lowry either takes a cut, or gets sent packing.

254th Overall: Bryan Mills - CB/North Carolina Central: If @tynimiller won't mock him I will. I watched some more Senior Bowl footage and as a guy who could be there late I see him as a priority signing, possibly even in the 6th. He needs a bit more coaching but overall I think he could push for playing time down the stretch as he also adds a bit more functional strength to handle bigger WRs.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LoL I have mocked him just not every time. I'm standing VERY firm that I believe there is an insanely good chance he is the best Day 3 CB taken and will play in the NFL for a long time. Love what he has!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say if Asante and Greg are both there...I literally won't be unhappy with either way Gute would go!!

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8th Mock: Packers Super Bowl Favorites after re-signing Kevin King (Overreaction)
29th Overall: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL/USC: Specifically listing AVT at Guard, I think he's the best in the class with the flexibility to also play OT if/when Bakh isn't ready. Let Elgton play his natural position on the opposite side of the line or sub at Center as necessary.

61st Overall: Liam Eichenberg, OL/Notre Dame: WHOA, WHAT? OL BACK-TO-BACK? The Packers are returning all but a couple members from the top offense last year. Eichenberg slides in at RT, AVT plays where needed and once Bakh returns Green Bay fields the best OL in the NFL.

92nd Overall: Trill Williams, CB/Syracuse: Kevin King can't move to the slot and we'll have to live and die as he defends the boundary, but one way this secondary can improve immediately is in the slot. I'm not supremely high on Trill, but in the 3rd, he'll suffice as a more than adequate talent. I wonder if he'll wear #38.

134th Overall: Milton Williams, DL/La Tech: I'm spending the majority of my time pouring over this DL class to find a gem and I'm sure Gute and the Scouting Dept is doing the same. Milton has adequate length and size to play 5T which I believe is his natural position as well as collapsing inside. I'm going to start paying more attention to these La Tech guys, they're turning out some pretty decent role players.

143rd Overall: Johnathan Adams, WR/Arkansas St: I believe the 4th Round is the time to strike for the Packers at the WR position, I haven't seen anything about Adams peeking into Day 2, but he sticks out to me amongst the "leftovers" on Day 3 as someone capable of making an impact after picking up the playbook and earning Rodgers trust midseason.

173rd Overall: Pookah Williams, RB/Kansas: It's hard to find a RB on Day 3 that really fits the measureables that I think this offense prefers, but Pookah has the production and 5"10 I believe he might provide some versatility out wide and be a decent #3 back.

183rd Overall: Johnathan Marshall, DL/Arkansas: Having waited to address DL late, I still like Marshall on Day 3, he's still flying under the radar and I love his versatility and his motor.

213th Overall: Joshuah Bledsoe, DB/Missouri: No Redmond and no Greene in 2021, but Bledsoe I believe is a better talent Day 1 anyway. Not quite sure if Black and Scott or up to the challenge for additional snaps, especially in coverage, but Bledsoe fills that role.

227th Overall: Willie Eubanks III, LB/Citadel: I'm going to take a page out of the Packers book and draft a LB late Day 3 in the Draft with some high upside. As a defensive standout in FCS and decent measureables, I'm willing to take a chance on Eubanks late.

256th Overall: Bryan Mills, CB/NC Central: I'm not so sure that the Packers will specifically draft Mills, but if anything at all, I'd like to put him here as a placeholder for a CB that if it wasn't here would suffice as additional competition to add to the position group to supplant King in 2022.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I like many of these so no point in much discussion. If this would happen my jaw would hit the floor though. Asking AVT to fall to us, and Liam to fall clear till our 2nd round pick would be liken to a modern day miracle in my opinion. One could happen but not both.

Like it!

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my analysis, there are between 8-12 OL with 1st Round Grades, they all won't go in the 1st though.

It only takes 2 position groups, which I believe to be WR and DL to shift the back end of that group down. Based on my analysis WR, DL, and LB are the most shallow groups in this years Draft Class, which unfortunately are all needs for the Packers.

So Gute could play it as, "I have an MVP QB and I'm returning all my offensive starters, let's take the one group that I can make an absolute force and make the offense even better." This year's OL class is the only one where I can see true plug' n play guys going into Day 2, similar to last year's WR class. While I don't expect MVS, Lazard, or EQSB to make huge leaps, imagine what they could do if Rodgers had an extra 0.5 secs to find an open man; or Jones and Dillon has wide open lanes in the running game.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my analysis, there are between 8-12 OL with 1st Round Grades, they all won't go in the 1st though.

It only takes 2 position groups, which I believe to be WR and DL to shift the back end of that group down. Based on my analysis WR, DL, and LB are the most shallow groups in this years Draft Class, which unfortunately are all needs for the Packers.

So Gute could play it as, "I have an MVP QB and I'm returning all my offensive starters, let's take the one group that I can make an absolute force and make the offense even better." This year's OL class is the only one where I can see true plug' n play guys going into Day 2, similar to last year's WR class. While I don't expect MVS, Lazard, or EQSB to make huge leaps, imagine what they could do if Rodgers had an extra 0.5 secs to find an open man; or Jones and Dillon has wide open lanes in the running game.

Trust me I'd have not argued even if you'd ignored WR till even later or at all and TE...something I truly think folks may need to get ready for as an option. In the end I also like you foresee one WR drafted at some point.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
AVT to the Packers is an absolute dream. I don’t care who else they take if this happens. They have a day 1 starter to join the best oline in football.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually I'd counter the Day 2 not having any non-OL "plug n play" types unless you mean like a CB1, WR1, DL1 type level. Easily could find a guy that can plug right in behind a #1 out the gate at ILB, or slotCB or Clarks main help even possibly. But I don't think you meant a "plug n play" for a #2 anything type which I'd agree with.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AVT to the Packers is an absolute dream. I don’t care who else they take if this happens. They have a day 1 starter to join the best oline in football.

With Bahk down, Linsley gone and flux of depth hurt (Wagner/Taylor gone) I'm not so sure we can claim this title as of now. Could we excel again and be as we arguably were in 2020, FOR SURE.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adebo could go Top 100....he can also go Top 150. I think a round earlier between 85-120 is the sweet spot for him. I can't see him going earlier than Mid-3rd but I expect plenty of big "swings" on guys that GMs feel strongly about.
I believe Adebo will go before Wade. Wade has roughly the same skills but can't keep his head in the game. Suspect he will be okay in the NFL with some good games and then have a clunker. Maybe give up a big play right before the half in a NFCCG or something.

Members online

Latest posts