Cowboy studs n duds...kicker doesn't count

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moon and stars aligned perfectly. I had to do a double take when Savage stepped in and did what he does best (run fast in a straight line). Waited for a good spot to make his annual excellent play. When that happened I knew it was our day. I don't remember the last time we opened up a can of whoopass like that. It seems to have been a while since we wrecked someone that bad.
Savage has stepped up his game. Not just the int. He has been tackling very well.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked playing McDuffie as much as he did. We play tougher when he is in there. I think they pulled him on passing downs until he got hurt. And thank God Barry did not go into prevent any sooner than he did. Our D line is looking good against the run.
I hope McDuffie is ok!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You know what was perfect about that game? It illustrated precisely why the Packers had to move on from MM and what they’ve gained in LaFleur.

MM did absolutely nothing for his offense. They were in the highest degree of difficulty and were just expected to win every rep, which was exactly what was happening in GB during his tenure.

Meanwhile, Petals schemed up completions for Love time and again (in addition to Love making plays for himself too). He actually added value as a coach.

Mike McCarthy is a lousy football coach and I believe he’s always been a lousy football coach. If your offensive philosophy is “give me an elite QB, a great complement of weapons, and a stellar OL and I will tell them to go win their matchups,” you suck. So glad he’s not Green Bay’s problem anymore.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, everyone's a stud, but raise one to the O line. NO sacks. Some of that is Love's incredible presence of mind, but....damn. Was it Zach Tom on Parsons most of the time?

Last four games, Love has been sacked a total of....two times. Two sacks in four games. This is sick. I hope they can keep that wall intact next week.

One other stud: I know he's taking some heat, but let us praise Mike McCarthy for his remarkable 5-1 record against the Cowboys in the playoffs!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
U are correct

But lets enjoy the feeling

Do you think Matt and Gute are on plane saying let's cut him?
No but they may have checked to see if the Giants cut Crosby yet. ;)

I'm still not worried about Carlson. Nobody talks about his kickoffs. He can pop them up high and tempt the returner to try and take it back. The Packers coverage team stuffed Dallas short of the 25 several times. The kid has a great leg, just needs some seasoning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I really liked playing McDuffie as much as he did. We play tougher when he is in there. I think they pulled him on passing downs until he got hurt. And thank God Barry did not go into prevent any sooner than he did. Our D line is looking good against the run.
I agree. The rotation of players that Barry was using seemed to be really effective. McDuffie left with a stinger, so hopefully he will be back on Saturday.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. I think the 49ers and Ravens got more love and respect than the Cowboys did this year from the national media. I also think they earned it.
Maybe overall, but I watch Mike Greenberg's get up every morning and they literally would talk about Dak and the Cowboys every day and sometimes go back to it two or three times during the hour.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only needed one onside kick. Just one guy to make a mistake there or a great kick. Still very tough to tie it but possible.
They would have needed 2 onside kicks
Moot point, it didnt happen

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe overall, but I watch Mike Greenberg's get up every morning and they literally would talk about Dak and the Cowboys every day and sometimes go back to it two or three times during the hour.
I'm really looking forward to hearing what Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller have to say today about both us and Dallas.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Doubs - Obviously
Love - Same
MLF - How many receivers were wide open? The guy is a terrific offensive schemer
Gute - Finally stopped trying to support an awful DC and gave the offensive coach he hired some weapons and the results are wonderful
The entire oline - Dallas was by leaps and bounds the best defense in the league at quick pressures (pressure the QB in <2.5 seconds) and didn't accomplish it at all against this oline
Aaron Jones - Just my favorite Packer and I'll be sad when he finally moves on (hopefully not next season)

Duds - Uhhmmm...MM and Dan Campbell? Oh, Carlson, one of the worst kickers in the league continues to be the worst extra point kicker in the league

Edit: I didn't read the full post title, but why is the awful kicker excluded from deserved criticism?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another reason why I'm thrilled we won is now perhaps that moron Michael Irvin on the NFL Network will shut the hell up about "his Cowboys" and how they were going to roll over the Packers. It got so nauseating I had to change the channel this morning.
I was getting annoyed at most of the broadcasters yesterday. Yes, there was some praise for Love, MLF and the Packers but just WAY TOO MUCH "what's wrong with the Cowboys" narrative. I will tell you what is "wrong" with them, they ran into a young and hungry team, that played lights out great football in all phases of the game and kicked some Cowboy ass, ALL day long!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Uhhhhh...... I think you might be jumping the gun a bit.
I will say one thing. That Wicks TD looked almost exactly like #12. That pass was EXACTLY like Rodgers throwing motion. He moves the same and throws the same. Ok maybe not as experienced in decision making and might miss 1-2 throws a game Aaron might have a hair better touch, but Jordan is like Favre Mixed With Rodgers.

A great deal of thank you’s from this Packer fan to anyone involved in Jordan’s development. That includes Rodgers, Matt, Gutey and Clement’s. They all deserve kudos for this imo. This was like a SB for me.
Total Stud:
Tom Clements is my hero, that guy is like a QB whisperer!!
Pay that guy to stay please.

You can tell how Jordan has elements of both Favre and Rodgers.

I’m a very excited fan. High emotions today this was a MASSIVE win

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet.

Stud: MLF for electing to start the game on Offense. The Packers came out and landed a huge blow to the Cowboys chin right out of the gate!

I think it was the Thanksgiving game that MLF did the same thing after winning the coin toss.

I'm placing the odds of the Packers offense getting the ball first in San Fran at about 9-1. If San Fran wins the toss and elects to receive, we are already in their heads!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mentioned it last week, but this game was totally reminding me of the Packers @ Atlanta game in the 2010 Season. Few were giving the Packers a chance to go in and beat the #1 Seeded Falcons. When Savage returned that interception for 6, oh the flashbacks!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say one thing. That Wicks TD looked almost exactly like #12. That pass was EXACTLY like Rodgers throwing motion. He moves the same and throws the same. Ok maybe not as experienced in decision making and might miss 1-2 throws a game Aaron might have a hair better touch, but Jordan is like Favre Mixed With Rodgers.

A great deal of thank you’s from this Packer fan to anyone involved in Jordan’s development. That includes Rodgers, Matt, Gutey and Clement’s. They all deserve kudos for this imo. This was like a SB for me.
Total Stud:
Tom Clements is my hero, that guy is like a QB whisperer!!
Pay that guy to stay please.

You can tell how Jordan has elements of both Favre and Rodgers.

I’m a very excited fan. High emotions today this was a MASSIVE win
Ill add in Starr too. JL handles himself like #15

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moon and stars aligned perfectly. I had to do a double take when Savage stepped in and did what he does best (run fast in a straight line). Waited for a good spot to make his annual excellent play. When that happened I knew it was our day. I don't remember the last time we opened up a can of whoopass like that. It seems to have been a while since we wrecked someone that bad.
I was thinking the same. On that pic 6 I thought it was McDuffie. But when he turned it on, nope it was Savage cheating and Dak clueless which is his typical playoff style.

But yeah, it was an *** kicking against one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NFL. Perfect storm really. The Packers made all the plays and the played to win in the 2H.

And Fat Mike just did not have his team ready. There were too many guys wondering how they were gonna beat the Niners when they were lined up against the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Impressive how good the offense was without Reed even catching a pass
Agree and that bodes well for just how balanced of attack and weapons that the Packers have. My guess is that Dan Quinn and the Cowboys decided to put a lot of focus on Reed, thinking if they shut him down, they would shut the Packer offense down. Ha, didn't work. Maybe Dan needs to contact Joe Barry for some advice on defensive game plans. :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nice break down of the job that Zach Tom did on Micah Parsons. Was pathetically funny listening to some talking heads moaning about how bad Dallas was, Parsons name was mentioned. Maybe those guys aren't seeing what I saw, it wasn't that Parsons played bad, it was that Zach Tom is a very good RT and had a great game.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard it multiple times, but I'm going to repeat it, we now have more wins in AT&T stadium than the cowgirls. I also want to reiterate how studly was yesterday. He was simply unstoppable.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were mentions of the O-line blocking well, but lets credit everyone involved. The O-line, tight ends, and RBs did a great job of protecting the QB. More importantly than all playing well, they played as a unit. That's how you win in the playoffs.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts