1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cowboy Stadium turf

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gbpowner, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    Was it just plain bad luck for the Packers enduring 3 major injuries during the Super Bowl? A couple of Steelers were also dinged up too. I thought about Romo going out earlier in the season with a shoulder injury. Does anyone know anything about the turf? Did Jerry Jones blow his big bucks on the exterior of the building and forget to protect his biggest investment (the players) by installing a cheap carpet?:happy0005:

2. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    False. Concrete is more expensive then Carpet. Therefore he actually dished out more money to sabotage his biggest investment.

3. OshkoshWisconsinite

OshkoshWisconsinite Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    It was weird, I bet the ice outside the building was softer than the turf inside jerry's heaven.

4. azpackersfan12

azpackersfan12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    It's also where Sam Bradford hurt his shoulder when Oklahoma played BYU a couple seasons ago. Seems to be a bit of a trend in Dallas.

5. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Jerry's had a history of having crappy stadiums with crappy turf. The old stadium had really bad turf, particularly outside the lines...anyone remember the game where a Packer player got knocked out after hitting his head on the sidelines

6. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Glad we don't play there, we'd have 40 guys on IR in that case.

7. gig20015

gig20015 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Oh yeah! The NFC Championships of the 95 season! Forgot about that one.

8. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    It did seem like they pulled up the normal turf in the areas where the new logos were installed for the SB. The grains didn't match the rest of the field. Maybe the new stuff didn't have the same padding under it.

9. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    SofTop turf--essentially the same stuff in the Silverdome. Sure seemed to be slippery as well. Wonder if the cold does that?

10. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    If he didnt put the nicest turf on earth in their he is an idiot. I think it was just bad luck and not crappy turf. However it does seem like these "artificial turfs" still dont match up to a real nice natural field, I think the arizona cardinals stadium is the nicest is it not?

11. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    yeah, they have the luxury of being able to move the field outside when it's not in use so they can use real grass

12. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    yeah I saw something on nfltv a while ago about that, I wonder why Jerry didnt think of doing that...They roll the whole field into the parking lot during the day so it gets nice sun than roll it back in.