NFL Week 1 Hot Takes So Far

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't really been paying attention to the Steelers Pats game so might be a few coming from that, but here's a few I've had from earlier

Randall Cobb and Clay Matthews now beginning life on their new teams and ...

Well they seem to have sent the league a message that they can still play. Cobb obviously was the more dynamic guy today in Dallas, but Clay did sack that arrogant SOB Cam Newton so I say ... Hell yeah man, booyah!

Second one - I won't spend too much time on Minny here since we got our week 2 pregame thread for that. But I'd say we're already seeing the bad fallout from the so called head up rule here in this game such as when Keanu Neal tackled Cook. It's just too highly subjective and while I understand the spirit of the rule, it's a bad one. What's now a legal tackle is now subjective and refs can now interpret it any way they want. Not the way it should be.

All that aside, Atlanta still could be a good team but the road problems continue to drag on them

Number three - It's early, but we got problems in Cleveland that they'd better find a way to fix. Who would be the biggest problem causing today's embarrassment for what's supposed to be a good team? Odell Beckham Jr not being able to handle adversity still? Baker Mayfield potentially in a sophomore slump? The OL? A defensive coordinator who got shipped in from the CFL and a mistake on the Browns part to let Gregg Williams go? Maybe all three. It's only week one and teams can improve, but if they don't do it soon they'll be headed right back where they came from, and considering all the money spent on these players ... that is not good. The obvious question from here is whether or not Cleveland has regressed back to the Hue Jackson years, or if Tennessee is a very good team.

Number four - One piece of good news Cleveland you were actually not the most embarrassing team out there today. That award goes to none other than Brian Flores the leader of this outright chaos **** show put on display in Miami, and I just gotta say ... To quote the great Vince Lombardi ... "What The Hellll ... Was That?" I mean anyone who happened to see that game pollute their television set has to be thinking, "is that really the same guy coaching that Dolphins team who was the architect of the Patriots Superbowl MVP defense this last year?" I mean, with the Dolphins offense you would expect with their current situation there'd be problems, but that kind of defensive performance is just downright inexcusable on all levels. And when Flores was hired I believed the Dolphins maybe had the right guy. But after today ... Even more fuel to the fire that you NEVER EVER HIRE A BELLICHEK ASST COACH has been added with a HC debut that was even worse than Matt Patricia's, and I never thought I'd see a Bellichek coach top that one. The only thing you could try and pull from this one is maybe this is the worst it will ever be for Flores and you can only go up from here. But I'll tell you, Flores is going to offer more than just lip service at a press conference to answer for this.

Number five - the Colts just might be alright even without Mr Luck. Sure they still lost, but Brissett wasn't about to go down without a fight, and they at least made the Chargers have to beat them in OT. I know no team likes to point to moral victories, but I think there's a lot of positives Indy can take from this.

Number six - The Lions and Cardinals game was probably the most exciting game yet, and you gotta love Murray pulling off an 18 point comeback in the 4th to send it to OT. Games like this are why despite controversies that arise in the league, you just gotta keep watching. But I firmly believe that ties have got to be eliminated. The amount of games ending in ties is going up dramatically and even more so with a shorter OT clock. The league needs to get rid of the OT clock and make it clear that a winner must be decided. Ties do not belong in football period.

Number seven - on a short note, gotta wish Nick Foles a recovery. He's one of the good guys and you just hate to see that kind of injury happen to him.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Flores the leader of this outright chaos **** show put on display in Miami, and I just gotta say ... To quote the great Vince Lombardi ... "What The Hellll ... Was That?"
They are intentionally tanking the season for high Draft pick.

News is many Dolphins players have asked their agents to work on transfer after the game. Locker room is toxic.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well a few overreactions that might be inferred from week 1:

1. Lovie Smith has returned to Chicago and is coaching behind the scenes. Granted one could easily assume that considering the way that team looks now really seems no different than how it looked while he was coaching.

2. Bucs will be moving on from Jameis Winston soon

3. Jags season is officially over

4. Randall Cobb will have 1600 receiving yards

5. The Arizona Cardinals and Oakland Raiders will dethrone the Rams and Chiefs

6. Big Ben Rothlisberger must retire right now so the Steelers can tank it and get Jalen Hurts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts