1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Arm Chair NFL GMs. Always Brilliant AFTER the Fact...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NOMOFO, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    ...hence my ADHD comment earlier. lol

What was my exact quote: "Ted Thompson is correct in probably 90% of the roster issues that get debated in arm chair land, but year after year he's crucified. (as the team just keeps on winning)"

You wonder why people need to post a thousand pages of information to get people like you to understand something?

Yes, Thompson is correct damn near every time regarding one of his roster moves that get debated. I didn't say every draft pick, trade or signing. I'm talking about the things that get debated, as I stated.

cuz...like I said... it's kind of gutless to complain about all of his draft picks now, after the fact. In most cases few of us complained at the time. Please give me the long list of defensive players Thompson drafted that there was a major outcry of Packer fans complaining about. I'll wait for that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    ahh...questioning someones loyalties? Come on newbie!! Get off of your high horse!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,011
    I'll do you one better.

Lacking the D: Packers Defensive Ranks Since 2011
    Points Yards Passing Yards Rushing Yards Turnovers
    2013 24th 25th 24th 25th 21st
    2012 11th 11th 11th 17th 18th
    2011 19th 32nd 32nd 14th 1st

Packers Defense in the Postseason, Since 2011
    Points Yards
    vs. NYG, 2011 Divisional Round 37 420
    vs. MIN, 2012 Wild Card* 10 324
    at SF, 2012 Divisional Round 45 579
    vs. SF, 2013 Wild Card 23 381
    Totals 115 1,704
    Per Game (4 Games) 28.8 426.0
    *Only win of the four games

If TT has drafted so well on defense how come those numbers look the way they do. I can't stand Dom Capers just as much as the next person but again i ask? what does he have to work with? no like really? what is there to work with? Your best D-linemen just served two yr's in prison, your best DB played Wr in college, and your best linebacker is head and shoulders better than the next man behind him. Yea i see no problem here smh.

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +837
    Damn, only 60/1? If it goes to 100 or 150 to 1 I am hitting Vegas and putting $200 on them. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Something tells me that 90% clip isn't true. And here's why: I see you are a new member. Do me a favor and read through the draft threads the last three years. EVERY PICK gets debated here. One guy said Casey Heyward was a terrible pick because Vanderbilt is a terrible school that gets blown out every game. If you want a "long list" just read through EVERY draft thread on this site.

And just to go a little further, your cherry picking of facts is hilarious. Was TT correct on the Brad Jones extension? How about the Morgan Burnett extension? How about replacing Cullen Jenkins with Mike Neal? And before you go on another rant about "debated picks and signings" just read through the threads here. Everything done by the team is debated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Damn you and your facts!

7. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +375
    I'm not even one of the people this is all aimed at, but we really need a "meh"/ "yawn" rating.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  8. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +375
    LINKS OR GTFO!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'd settle for a shrug smiley.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Yep. Three Years Removed From a Super Bowl and one of the winningest team
    You guys and your nuebie comments. lol That's pretty funny. As if I just fell off the truck in Wisconsin and became a Packer fan last week. I followed this and other Packer forums for years. I spend over 100 hours a month in a car listening to Wisconsin sports radio and Packer fans and all of their opinions. I've been a huge Packer fan my entire life. Please don't act like you know better what fans are and are not saying about the Pack. For some of you Ted haters to pretend there aren't dozens of times Thompson has been proven correct since he's had the job, and the Thompson haters wrong, is just comical. All you can come up with are issues like Mike Neal and Burnett?! Ya... I think I rest my case. Three Years removed from the Super Bowl win. You are just sad.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +375
    No dude, he's saying you're new to the forum. Jeez get your context strait.

Also:
    What makes you such a qualified individual to talk on such matter?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    lmao... I also think it's pretty telling that I notice most of you harder core Thompson critics have been Packer fans for decades less than most fans that appreciate winning the Superbowl three years ago... and winning the division yet again. I suspect you might feel like we do had you lived thru the brutal years of Packer football.

S=P=O-I=L=E=D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +375
    Can we stop with the age bashing, that is ridiculously pointless.

And yes, Packers fans of late have been spoiled regarding the team's sustained success due in part to having another HoF quality QB to take the place of Favre when he left. That hover does not invalidate their opinion. Though your lack of anything more than anecdotes does diminish yours.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I know..."dude". lol.

Sorry... I should know better. I have kids that have been Packer fans longer. I know the deal. I get it. My bad. Packers suck.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. NorthWestCheeseHead

Ratings:
    +375
    Obviously you didn't if you went off on a tangential rant talking about how long you've been a Packer fan. It is entirely irreverent in the context of the conversation. NFC just said that you were new to the forum and obviously unfamiliar with the entirety of the conversations that have been held at length on this site since the SB win 3 years ago.

Also I've not once said that the Packers suck, or even implied that much for that matter, don't put words in my mouth.

I started watching football in '94 not sure what you want from me there or what you're trying to imply. Veiled weak ad hominem I'll take that as.
    cat gtfo.jpg

16. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Think time to lock

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.