Could I suggest

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You ALL go to church this Sunday to thank the lord for that win ?

If that facemask call had been against us, we would have been up in arms today. God is truly a Packer fan. :tup:

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In real time it looked like a grab and pull. The officials don't see things in slow motion. As it stands, he did graze his hand across Rodgers' face mask as he was grabbing the collar. It was enough to move his head. If you want, consider it a make up call for the time when the Cardinals blatantly grabbed Rodgers' mask in a playoff game and basically cost us that game. It also should have been PI on Abbrederis anyway. Just because a DB makes a last second turn of the head doesn't give him the right to plow into the receiver. It was questionable, but certainly reasonable as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in slow mo it didn't look that bad. In real time, i thought it was an easy call. The ref was behind too, so he saw the head snap down from the in initial hit and he eventually grabbed him right on the top of the shoulder pads, so it didn't look like his hand moved to him I'm sure.

I'm not apologizing for it, after all the times I've seen a defender graze the face mask on an opposing QB to nullify our INT or sack or some other great play and extend the oppositions drive over the years, I'll take one that goes our way for once.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In real time it looked like a grab and pull. The officials don't see things in slow motion. As it stands, he did graze his hand across Rodgers' face mask as he was grabbing the collar. It was enough to move his head. If you want, consider it a make up call for the time when the Cardinals blatantly grabbed Rodgers' mask in a playoff game and basically cost us that game. It also should have been PI on Abbrederis anyway. Just because a DB makes a last second turn of the head doesn't give him the right to plow into the receiver. It was questionable, but certainly reasonable as well.

It was funny that it looked very similar to the PI earlier in the game that they threw a flag on and the explanations were in direct contrast to each other. The first one was exactly as you said, head was turned, but can't plow into the WR, in the 2nd non call, his head was turned and was playing the ball.

As a football fan, i've been clamoring forever against those flags though. I can't stand them. Poorly thrown balls are rewarded on desperation throws every week in this league. So many against GB over the years too. To me, those should be like the Hail Mary where a lot of extra stuff is allowed as long as you're clearly playing the ball. I'm ok with the non-call because that's how I think they should all be, but I know next week, GB will probably be flagged for it too because I can't figure out when they're throwing flags and when they aren't anymore.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did not look like a facemask in slo mo but the play previous sure was pass interference and would have put us in field goal range. Would like to point out that the last play had a 3 man rush. Damn I wish Capers would take that stupid call out of his bag of tricks. He has been getting better about it but I think he still wants to use it.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a dirty, filthy, vicious and blatant facemask infraction.

It's a wonder poor A-Rods neck wasn't yanked completely out of the socket.

And we're all going to keep that in-mind while we're all being Seattle Seahawks fans this weekend. ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Would like to point out that the last play had a 3 man rush. Damn I wish Capers would take that stupid call out of his bag of tricks. He has been getting better about it but I think he still wants to use it.

Caldwell said the Lions expected a lateral play instead of a hail mary. I guess that´s why he only rushed three on the play.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Caldwell said the Lions expected a lateral play instead of a hail mary. I guess that´s why he only rushed three on the play.
That would make sense because they also had two guys playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage with their thumbs up their ***** leaving. That said, any time the offense is withing striking range of the endzone, you should always expect the HM.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does not really matter to me. Never rush 3. You might as well rush 1. Just too much time.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
It was a dirty, filthy, vicious and blatant facemask infraction.

It's a wonder poor A-Rods neck wasn't yanked completely out of the socket.

And we're all going to keep that in-mind while we're all being Seattle Seahawks fans this weekend. ;)

Well, then, if we are going to act like Seahawks fans this weekend, then we should be clamoring for that last Hail Mary "completion" to be ruled an interception. I think a Lion's defender was touching R. Rodgers-- so, that's an INT, no???

:tdown:

D

Deleted member 6794

That would make sense because they also had two guys playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage with their thumbs up their ***** leaving. That said, any time the offense is withing striking range of the endzone, you should always expect the HM.

They probably thought Rodgers won't be able to theow it into the endzone.

Does not really matter to me. Never rush 3. You might as well rush 1. Just too much time.

It makes sense if they expect a lateral play.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They probably thought Rodgers won't be able to theow it into the endzone.

It makes sense if they expect a lateral play.
I could not be less frightened of a play. And it would not change my philosophy about not rushing less than 4.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd have to believe they knew he could throw it that far.

What amazed me was that he got so much air under that throw. Looked like something launched by a ***** machine. If Mastay isn't hiding in shame...he should be because Aaron's arm has more lift than Mastay's leg.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the longest game-winning Hail Mary play in NFL history. I thought it was going to hit the top of the dome. I mean, it was up there long enough for Richard Rodgers to make 61 yards down field, that's like a 2 minute hang time guys.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ponder this:

Ziggy Ansah, the pass rush sensation, 2nd in the NFL in sacks, dropped back in coverage - to apparently protect against any 'out' routes. Why the Pack would do that when time has expired, I don't know.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ziggy is at the top of the picture.

There is so much stupid going on in this one defensive play by the Lions, its difficult to grasp it all.

If I scratch my head any harder on this, I think I will draw blood.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ponder this:

Ziggy Ansah, the pass rush sensation, 2nd in the NFL in sacks, dropped back in coverage - to apparently protect against any 'out' routes. Why the Pack would do that when time has expired, I don't know.

Ziggy is at the top of the picture.

There is so much stupid going on in this one defensive play by the Lions, its difficult to grasp it all.

If I scratch my head any harder on this, I think I will draw blood.

There's no doubt the Lions did a terrible job defending the play but I couldn't care less.

Here's a good read on how to actually defend a hail mary:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14288668/how-defend-hail-mary-how-detroit-lions-screwed-nfl

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just like Capers defense. 4 wideouts , the offense must pass and the middle of the field is wide open. :tdown:
I think Ziggy blew it. Once he saw the five receivers going deep, he should have crept up to the line to contain the QB. :geek:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like Capers defense. 4 wideouts , the offense must pass and the middle of the field is wide open. :tdown:
I think Ziggy blew it. Once he saw the five receivers going deep, he should have crept up to the line to contain the QB. :geek:
A commentator said the Lions were expecting another lateral play. They were probably going to get one, but the Packer play was for AR to throw it at last possible moment, then just start latteralling. I doubt the Packers figured the WRs would have time to make it to the end zone. 60 yard dash, these guys need, 6-7 seconds.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I see. I was wondering if you cared.

But I'm confused, you shared a link and as we all know:

those are the Bears huh? Cutler, Jeffrey, Forte and who is the other one?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well they did get pressure with just 3 Rodgers simply avoided it rolled left then back right and thats the reason why he had room. It had nothing to do with rushing only 3.

"Never rushing less then 4 and the 3 man rush never works" are the biggest myths perpetuated by fans right after the "prevent defense prevents you from winning the game". Look at the numbers and they're VERY effective

Sometimes playing coverage is the right call and If they had called a jailhouse blitz and got burned people would be saying "omg how stupid was that?"

I get it fans want their team to be aggressive so they'll overlook the times that they got burned while being so aggressive while mocking the idea of playing conservative when it fails even though one is much more effective then the other in long yardage/end of games situations.

Hell I've seen lions fans complaining about not throwing it on 3rd down their final drive. Cause its not like the possibility of keeping an extra 40 seconds on the clock when it's a FG to win and the other teams backed up would of been monumentally stupid if there's an incompletion but he at least they "went for it"

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they did get pressure with just 3 Rodgers simply avoided it rolled left then back right and thats the reason why he had room. It had nothing to do with rushing only 3.

I think what some folks mean is that, even if the 3-man rush 'works' and generates pressure, a QB with any mobility at all has a really good chance of not getting sacked.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The myth is that 3 man rushes are smart football. Did anyone notice in the first half of the Pittsburgh game last night how the Steelers rushed three times in the first half and got eaten alive. They stopped doing it and also stopped the Indy offense. Of course anything will work once in awhile and you will get beat when you use it also. It just is not smart and your lunch gets eaten too many times. It is a thing of the past and really was never good. If there had been 4 rushers against Rodgers; he may not have made it to the perfect spot to make the throw. I cringe whenever I see it.