Collins and the rest of the secondary...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Any complaints about the game he turned in yesterday? I thought Nick played on of his better games of the year and looked very aggressive overall.

Youth = Mistakes... but it also equals a short memory and lots of enthusiasm.

Woodson looks like the best corner we have on the field at the present moment... I truly believe that Harris's back is alot worse than anyone inside the Packers is letting on to... he looks very stiff and less agile as the season wears on... Something just isn't right there.. and to me.. he looks very stiff from the hips up..

Bigby.. He seems to be out of position and a step late... I know he is young and that will come with time, but he at this point is the weakest link on the defense.

But overall, albeit against a weaker offensive team, the secondary bounced back nicely.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Harris played well actually. The touchdown he gave up... its impossible to play that any better as a corner. it was just dumb luck that Porter ended up with the ball.

Collins definitely had his best game of the season.

Defense looks improved anytime C-wood steps on the field.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
I thought Harris played well actually.

Oh I am not saying he didn't play well, moreso saying that something just seems off with him.. from the physical standpoint of the jams to how he is moving on the field.. just doesn't seem like the same Harris is all.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Oh I am not saying he didn't play well, moreso saying that something just seems off with him.. from the physical standpoint of the jams to how he is moving on the field.. just doesn't seem like the same Harris is all.

Agreed, his movement and response time seems a little slower than normal. I think you are correct that there is a lingering injury. I wonder if we will try and get him some rest once our playoff position is locked in and cannot change.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Packnic said:

Agreed, his movement and response time seems a little slower than normal. I think you are correct that there is a lingering injury. I wonder if we will try and get him some rest once our playoff position is locked in and cannot change.

A big question I have. I'm asking this because I don't know. Do you think Harris would have intercepted that one TD if he was 100%?

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give props to both the offense and defense, but we cant forget that our secondary played against the 30th ranked passing offense. A win is a win and we did play very well in the secondary, but i am not going to count my chickens as of yet. I still think Rouse has the chance to be the SS and Nick can be the FS.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanataThrilla said:
Pack93z said:
Packnic said:

A big question I have. I'm asking this because I don't know. Do you think Harris would have intercepted that one TD if he was 100%?

Porter made an excellent play on the TD, but it just didn't look like Harris attacked the ball and just waited for it as he had position. His lack of agression and his movement made me think he was injured as he is normally one of the most intense guys out there.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It didn't help that Bigby knocked him out of the play. But as was said earlier, Porter just made a play. It happens once in awhile, hopefully we can get Al some much needed rest.

If teams(thanks Deteroit)keep giving The Boys wins all we need is another win and a Seattle loss to lock up the #2 slot. Then some of the starters might get a chance to get healthy for the play-off run.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a difference it makes having Woodson though. Harris can just worryabout covering is his own man. Nobody was getting burned. Only plays they made were a few over the middle passes.

Did anyone notice how many safety Blitzes we were throwing at them? I doubt we do that against a great team with threats but nice to see that sometimes.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a difference it makes having Woodson though. Harris can just worryabout covering is his own man. Nobody was getting burned. Only plays they made were a few over the middle passes.

Did anyone notice how many safety Blitzes we were throwing at them? I doubt we do that against a great team with threats but nice to see that sometimes.

Yeah, I did notice that. It was great to see. Hopefull it's a foreshadow of things to come, taking Bigby's pass liabilities out of the equation and forcing the issue, all while playing to Spider Monkey's strengths. I like that idea.

I'll reserve comment on the Harris/back injury thing until I re-watch the game with that in mind.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Bigby is slow. He may be making bad reads, but I see him around the ball a lot. On top of that his INT that was tipped from Collins was a heads up play. The combo of Bigby, Collins and Rouse... it's tough to pick the top two.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Bigby is slow. He may be making bad reads, but I see him around the ball a lot. On top of that his INT that was tipped from Collins was a heads up play. The combo of Bigby, Collins and Rouse... it's tough to pick the top two.

And he nearly had that diving pick early in the game after Kampy mauled McCown..

A two-INT game would've made a few heads turn for sure.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I noticed it and noticed it worked each time. Bigby gave their QBs a good scare each time we did it. No, he didn't get any sacks, but what mattered was the hurries. I don't think they completed any passes when we safety blitzed.

I remember, Butler was awesome at safety blitzing. It adds a different dimension that opposing Os have to think about and I think it should be utilized at least once a game.

Rios39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rios39 said:

I noticed it and noticed it worked each time. Bigby gave their QBs a good scare each time we did it. No, he didn't get any sacks, but what mattered was the hurries. I don't think they completed any passes when we safety blitzed.

I remember, Butler was awesome at safety blitzing. It adds a different dimension that opposing Os have to think about and I think it should be utilized at least once a game.

I'd like to see it. Our safetys have some GREAT speed. Thye could be used in that way but we'll have to make sure we work things out to make sure everyone is still covered and no big plays happen. It's one weapon to have though. What makes Pittsburgh and NE D so good is because they can throw those types of things at you.

But yeah each time we did it we nearly got a sack and nearly forced some turn overs on bad throws.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just like being able to throw in some nasty plays to keep the Offense on its feet. like was said before, bigby didn't get a sack, but he sure made the QB's ******** pucker a few times.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
The problem with Bitzes are that you have to change them up alot.. or the other team picks them up with ease.

So an occasional Safety blitz is good, but bringing them to often leaves your backend of the defense very weak.. We have plenty of speed at LBer to blitz and reducing the risk in coverage.. well deep coverage anyway.

We aren't a blitzing team by nature and scheme.. by playing man up so often.. it is easy for the QB to see when we are comming with the switch to more of a zone package... so I like the call.... but I would be surprised with a large number of S blitzes.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Harris is a very consistent football player. He's not a great corner, but he's consistent. Sometimes that just isn't enough to get into the Pro Bowl.

But with the way he played at Oakland, that was a Pro Bowl level. That pick he had was huge, and I thought for sure he'd drop that because Harris has horrible hands.

Members online

Latest posts