Cobb takes a knee

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting the ball on the 20 with no time taken off the clock......great call..
"The coaching staff wanted to save time and give our offense time to execute," the rookie said. "As bad as I wanted to take that out, I had to play disciplined."

And we all know the rest of the story. That being said, should the Giants have squibbed kicked the ball to get some time taken off the clock and risk better field position? What would you do if you were the HC of the kicking team?

Reaction score
Even if they squibbed it, you could technically take a knee right when you get it. That way it would be the same as a fair catch but on the 30 or 40 yard line.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goes to show you how much confidence they have have in Aaron.
This. As great as a returner cobb is and the chance that he could return it to the 40 or mid field or even for a td, mccarthy felt that 58 sec's to go 50-60 yards for fg range was enough time for our offense. That's awesome. We have soooo much confidence in a-rod that we told our explosive kr to take a knee and let our best player get as much valuable time as possible. How many other teams would do that with an explosive kr?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I was like, whatre you doin!?

Worked out great though, smart move!
I'm like sitting there with my mouth hanging open thinking, only two yards deep and you DIDN'T run it out"

Figured that was prearranged, McCarthy told him anything past the goal line, don't.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first post...heh! I heard what McCarthy said about wanting to conserve time and it sounds good too. However, I'll bet that an even bigger reason is that while Cobb is an explosive returner he's got as many fumbles as TDs. We can all agree that McCarthy wanted Rodgers to win the game one way or another. I'll posit my opinion that McCarthy was more worried about a game-losing fumble than 5 to 8 seconds.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts