Clinton-Dix traded to Redskins

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rollins wasn't considered to be a fit at safety coming out of college.

SOURCES TELL US
"We are grading him as a safety. He can play cornerback too but he has to be protected a little bit because I don't think he's fast enough. I think he's a 2nd round safety but a 4th round cornerback." - AFC defensive backs coach

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t say I’ll miss HHCD or Ty. I’ve never forgotten HHCD’s lame, lazy approach in allowing the Hags a 2 pt conversion in the 2014 NFCCG, on a play where Wilson was clearly out of options and running for his life. HHCD stood flat footed just inside the end zone as a defendable pass sailed over his head. I won’t be surprised if he plays well in Washington. It just wasn’t meant to be in GB.

D

Deleted member 6794

SOURCES TELL US
"We are grading him as a safety. He can play cornerback too but he has to be protected a little bit because I don't think he's fast enough. I think he's a 2nd round safety but a 4th round cornerback." - AFC defensive backs coach

I don't put a lot of stock into the opinion of anonymous scouts Bob McGinn used to talk to.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Cowboys/Redskins game will understand why the Packers traded HHCD.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was thinking the same. Got burnt by Cooper! That was bad secondary play overall.

I think he got burnt twice...I will not miss him looking around like it was someone else who messed up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There were several plays where Dix played single high and positioned himself completely out of the play. HaHa never got the last laugh and was a huge factor in Cooper’s considerable success in Dallas.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There were several plays where Dix played single high and positioned himself completely out of the play. HaHa never got the last laugh and was a huge factor in Cooper’s considerable success in Dallas.

I had to laugh. I started watching the game a bit late and thought "Dix must not be in there, I can't see him on the screen when the Cowboys line up." Oh wait......there he is 30 yards from anyone, not knowing where to go and either arriving too late to be of any help or if he got close, took a bad angle and missed the tackle. I guess some things just don't change.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I told my uncle there’s one of the main reasons the guy got traded. Missed toooooo many tackles and always late in coverage

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dix reminded me of this.....something for all of our X-Mas lists!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a sad play by him on that Cooper play. I wouldn't pay him more than $3 mil per year for 3 years at most. Problem is the guy's ego is larger than the sun, he'll expect 5 years for 50 mil. He may turn into Dez Bryant and he'll be 26 in the offseason if he doesn't shape up.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our redskin 4th round pick looks better everyday...with Colt in there...its going to end up mid 4th about pick 117

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute should be given GM of the year for getting a fourth for Ha Ha. The redskins will find out very quickly the reasons Ha Ha was available.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't put a lot of stock into the opinion of anonymous scouts Bob McGinn used to talk to.

It was widely known that teams were looking at both Randall and Rollins as safeties leading up to the 2015 draft. Mike mayock had Randall as his number 1 safety prospect in the draft and Rollins number 4. You can also find a quote from Rollins himself stating that most teams were talking to him about playing safety. So it's actually not just a bob mcginn source. It's a real thing and looks like mayock and the others were right about Randall. He seems to be a pretty good starting free safety for the browns

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was widely known that teams were looking at both Randall and Rollins as safeties leading up to the 2015 draft. Mike mayock had Randall as his number 1 safety prospect in the draft and Rollins number 4. You can also find a quote from Rollins himself stating that most teams were talking to him about playing safety. So it's actually not just a bob mcginn source. It's a real thing and looks like mayock and the others were right about Randall. He seems to be a pretty good starting free safety for the browns

Of course he is. It’s amazing how different guys can look when they play their actual positions.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really can't believe anybody wanted him. If you just watched some GB film you can see he has no ball skills and can't tackle.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

So if this is actually true and as you point out, Randall is starting to prove it to be, how does a team like the Packers miss it so poorly with 2 guys drafted so high in the draft? At the time the Packers obviously had a need at CB and thus I conclude TT and his scouts made the first error in determining that both players were worth high picks to play CB. OK, so mistake made and you get the guys on the field and coaches started seeing that they are better suited to play at Safety. Why wasn't this done with Randall during his 3 years here? The Cleveland coaches/GM obviously saw it. Rollins was switched over and appeared to be just as lost playing S as he was at CB, before his season/career ending injury.

Maybe we should have tried HHCD at CB! :rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts