Clinton-Dix traded to Redskins

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if this is actually true and as you point out, Randall is starting to prove it to be, how does a team like the Packers miss it so poorly with 2 guys drafted so high in the draft? At the time the Packers obviously had a need at CB and thus I conclude TT and his scouts made the first error in determining that both players were worth high picks to play CB. OK, so mistake made and you get the guys on the field and coaches started seeing that they are better suited to play at Safety. Why wasn't this done with Randall during his 3 years here? The Cleveland coaches/GM obviously saw it. Rollins was switched over and appeared to be just as lost playing S as he was at CB, before his season/career ending injury.

Maybe we should have tried HHCD at CB! :rolleyes:
Yep...and Randell just had a pick...like 5 minutes ago..dang

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if this is actually true and as you point out, Randall is starting to prove it to be, how does a team like the Packers miss it so poorly with 2 guys drafted so high in the draft? At the time the Packers obviously had a need at CB and thus I conclude TT and his scouts made the first error in determining that both players were worth high picks to play CB. OK, so mistake made and you get the guys on the field and coaches started seeing that they are better suited to play at Safety. Why wasn't this done with Randall during his 3 years here? The Cleveland coaches/GM obviously saw it. Rollins was switched over and appeared to be just as lost playing S as he was at CB, before his season/career ending injury.

Maybe we should have tried HHCD at CB! :rolleyes:
Why do I feel like you are setting the stage for another round “fire Whitt”? Lol...
I agree with the post btw.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOTH played pretty well as DB's too. It's not like they came in and did nothing. Again, go back and read what they were saying about them BOTH at the end of their rookie seasons. Go back and read what was written BEFORE they both played an injury riddled season. everyone on here should be old enough to have seen guys play well, get hurt and look poor and get healthy and look good again to know that injuries change how a guy plays. Randall DID come back and play pretty well at DB when healthy. We never got to see Rollins healthy again. Yeah I know he was back from his achilles injury, but i hate to break it to everyone that he wasn't the same physically as he was his rookie season. and GB did say Randall could play safety, they just needed him at DB more.

anyway, round and round. I'm sure GB didn't just figure out that Randall could play safety too

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why do I feel like you are setting the stage for another round “fire Whitt”? Lol...
I agree with the post btw.

LOL....you know me far too well my friend!

BOTH played pretty well as DB's too. It's not like they came in and did nothing. Again, go back and read what they were saying about them BOTH at the end of their rookie seasons. Go back and read what was written BEFORE they both played an injury riddled season. everyone on here should be old enough to have seen guys play well, get hurt and look poor and get healthy and look good again to know that injuries change how a guy plays. Randall DID come back and play pretty well at DB when healthy. We never got to see Rollins healthy again. Yeah I know he was back from his achilles injury, but i hate to break it to everyone that he wasn't the same physically as he was his rookie season. and GB did say Randall could play safety, they just needed him at DB more.

anyway, round and round. I'm sure GB didn't just figure out that Randall could play safety too

LOL....I'm starting to think you are Randall, Rollins AND Joe Whitt's sister with the way you defend those 3 guys all the time. ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, I probably am.

or maybe it's a bit of a reach to expect a guy to come back from achilles rupture and be the same? Maybe you'd have to deny 2 seasons of good play so you can accept one season of poor injury riddled play so you can feel better about a view point. and I'm not defending Whitt, near as much as I expect people I think are smarter than the average over reactionary poster to maintain a bit of perspective on the matter

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched the Redskins outside of our game with them, but I can't say I'm surprised he's not turned into an all pro over there.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It was laughable the number of people that were supporting Clinton-Dix as if he were some type of world beater. The Packers absolutely made the proper decision in getting something for him while they could.

I've seen no significant drop off from the Packers defense since the trade.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the "effort" he made to try and catch Saquon Barkley on his touchdown run? He had already given up by the 30 yard line.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HaHa has been doing terrible with redskins, he is slow as hell and he is still missing tackles hes a slow reactor. Randell has played a lot better at saftey for the browns then where the packers had him playing, i think if the packers had put him at saftey this year he would do a lot better then brice and jones.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
HaHa has been doing terrible with redskins, he is slow as hell and he is still missing tackles hes a slow reactor. Randell has played a lot better at saftey for the browns then where the packers had him playing, i think if the packers had put him at saftey this year he would do a lot better then brice and jones.
Almost nice to see a secondary player from GB leave and is equally bad elsewhere. With Randall playing better in Cleveland, both Hyde and Hayward playing better after they left, Williams and House return to GB and look worse than they played with their previous teams, makes you start to wonder what they are drinking in Green Bay.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost nice to see a secondary player from GB leave and is equally bad elsewhere. With Randall playing better in Cleveland, both Hyde and Hayward playing better after they left, Williams and House return to GB and look worse than they played with their previous teams, makes you start to wonder what they are drinking in Green Bay.

Pretty easy to explain:

Randall was playing out of position in GB.

Hyde was playing out of position in GB.

Hayward has been able to stay healthier, and a scheme change helped him out. He was never bad in GB, but had a couple of elite years in San Diego.

Williams came back at the ripe age of 35. Did you expect him to be better than when he was here in his prime?

House actually had his best years in GB. He came back old and injured.

But it's definitely Whitt's fault we had to play Randall and Hyde at CB rather than Safety. Without a doubt his fault.

Here's what's funny to me. By citing these guys, you're assuming coaching helped improve them after they left. But earlier when I brought up Whitt coaching up Williams, you retorted that he was already a good player. If that's true, then we would have to say the same thing about Heyward after he left...he was already a good player! Truth is, when Whitt came, Williams had never started. After Whitt, he became a top tier CB. But you can't have that matter in one situation and not the other if you want to consider yourself unbiased.

D

Deleted member 6794

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I guess Washington losing Smith and then McCoy with their offense not being able to move the ball as well as turning it over has a lot more to do with it than Clinton-Dix. But don't let that get in the way of your hate for a former Packer.

House actually had his best years in GB.

House actually had by far his best season during his first one with the Jaguars.