can the pack continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cmon

When McCarthy says "It's not that I don't believe in our players" it means "I don't have faith in them"

At least according to Dr. Bananas here.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let me get this straight..............
for members of this forum to believe MM has no faith in his ground game, he must blantly state this to the public or no one will believe it.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We make our own judgements. We don't need you to make yours and then tell us MM said so.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
Actually, you make me laugh.

You blantantly and obviously gave YOUR interpretation of what YOU THINK his words MEANT which had nothing to do with the words that came out of his mouth.

That's a far cry from what you reported here when you said you HEARD HIM SAY he had NO CONFIDENCE in the running game.

Did they not run one in from down close in there earlier in the game? What was that? Oh, I get it. A wasted down that just happened to work out.

They were just wasting one running it up in there so they could pass on the next play and damn if he didn't score. I'm quite certain MM vowed to never try it again.

Being HE SAID he had no confidence in that part of the game and all.

are you a politician?
quit dodging the question!
What did MM mean when he said
You have to have a comfort when you call particular plays in certain situations, and there have been some growing pains there.

Your the one putting words in other peoples mouth and you call ME the politician? LOL

I read every word of the "growing pains" transcript and to reinturpret what was said by him regarding the running game as having "no faith" is total ********. If I knew how to pull this interview up and post it here I would.

It's on greenbaypackers.com. They report everything he says in his press conferences word for word. Nobody reading this in it's entirety could say he was ever close to saying or meaning what you have chosen to be your version of what he said.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always said there's one thing worse than namecalling on a forum.

and its lies like this.

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WowI've been gone for a coupe of weeks and I come back and we are still discussing the same thing topic.

I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
warhawk said:

You blantantly and obviously gave YOUR interpretation of what YOU THINK his words MEANT which had nothing to do with the words that came out of his mouth.

That's a far cry from what you reported here when you said you HEARD HIM SAY he had NO CONFIDENCE in the running game.

Did they not run one in from down close in there earlier in the game? What was that? Oh, I get it. A wasted down that just happened to work out.

They were just wasting one running it up in there so they could pass on the next play and damn if he didn't score. I'm quite certain MM vowed to never try it again.

are you a politician?
You have to have a comfort when you call particular plays in certain situations, and there have been some growing pains there.

Your the one putting words in other peoples mouth and you call ME the politician? LOL

I read every word of the "growing pains" transcript and to reinturpret what was said by him regarding the running game as having "no faith" is total ********. If I knew how to pull this interview up and post it here I would.

It's on greenbaypackers.com. They report everything he says in his press conferences word for word. Nobody reading this in it's entirety could say he was ever close to saying or meaning what you have chosen to be your version of what he said.

here is something probably very close if not same article

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=666529

"It's not that I don't believe in our players," he said. "I am getting more comfortable with our runners, as far as the different things we're asking them to do. You have to have a comfort when you call particular plays in certain situations, and there have been some growing pains there."

"As long as we keep scoring points, we can do it as long as we need to," McCarthy said of the 70-30 pass-to-run ratio the Packers used in their 31-24 victory over the Chargers. "To me, that's the week-to-week focus. That's why you look at the film, you look at the matchups, particularly going into these division games. Everybody knows each other so well."

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
warhawk said:

are you a politician?

here is the transcript, now what did he mean by

http://packers.com/news/releases/2007/09/24/2/

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We make our own judgements. We don't need you to make yours and then tell us MM said so.

so you feel a coach calls 45 passing plays, 15 running plays, on 4th & inches he runs a passing play w/no RB in the backfield, and you feel he has confidence in his running game?

and the only way you will believe MM has no faith in his RB's is if he flat out says so in a public interview? 75% passing 25% running but MM has faith in the runnig game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
okay that statement has been posted bout 30 times already and people gave you their thoughts on it..

What dont you understand??

Most have said you think he means he doesnt have ANY, ZIP, ZILCH NADA confidence in them whats-so-ever..

Which is not the case..there are times he wont run it based on what the D is giving and what HAS BEEN WORKING

People posted quotes from coaches saying why should we have ran it when we were doing so well spreading it out the way we were..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Can we just end this now...Good gawd its like going around in circles

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay that statement has been posted bout 30 times already and people gave you their thoughts on it..

Most have said you think he means he doesnt have ANY, ZIP, ZILCH NADA confidence in them whats-so-ever..

Which is not the case..there are times he wont run it based on what the D is giving and what HAS BEEN WORKING

People posted quotes from coaches saying why should we have ran it when we were doing so well spreading it out the way we were..

we won the freaking game in the same exact circumstance, with b-jack running out of a power I formation, had MM called this earlier, the packers may have sealed the game w/6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

we won the freaking game in the same exact circumstance, with b-jack running out of a power I formation, had MM called this earlier, the packers may have sealed the game w/6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Well, I would surmise that MM does, in fact have some semblance of confidence in the running game if he was willing to run the ball twice consecutively from the 2-yard line. If he had no confidence, wouldn't he have gone to the pass again?

I think we all get your point, but we all feel differently than you. When MM says in press conferences that he calls plays according to what he sees situationally, and according to playing to his team's strengths and against the other team's weaknesses- we believe him.

Just like most of us felt differently when you implied that this team would accomplish little. We heard it in preseason, after week one, a little after week two, and now after week three. GB is 3-0. This team is built to win, and for a guy who has been through the dark ages of the 70's and 80's, you should really just kick back and enjoy having one of only 5 teams in the NFL that are currently sitting undefeated.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

b/c you rude mother trucker, we won the freaking game in the same exact circumstance, with b-jack running out of a power I formation, had MM called this earlier, the packers may have sealed the game w/6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

dude you need to stop..

Step away from the keyboard, and RELAX!!

Its a freaking message board, just be glad your typing it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts