can GB please can TT and MM

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they are the reason our beloved #4 is no longer with us. he didnt retire he gave into their wishes. it really sunk in when Brett threw a long td and and i wasnt happy and the stadium was quiet. Brett the way he was fighting back tears after the game last night shows he wishes he was still a packer and his heart is still in GB. no fireman carrys for harvin or rice.

if they would have kept Brett and got a better RB we are looking at a dynasty. dont even bring up the o line either.

i will still continue to watch the packers and stand by rodgers, but it seems we are looking at the 70's and 80's all over again. and the worst part is is we chose it. favres 40 playing like hes 30.

unbeliveable.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they are the reason our beloved #4 is no longer with us. he didnt retire he gave into their wishes. it really sunk in when Brett threw a long td and and i wasnt happy and the stadium was quiet. Brett the way he was fighting back tears after the game last night shows he wishes he was still a packer and his heart is still in GB. no fireman carrys for harvin or rice.

if they would have kept Brett and got a better RB we are looking at a dynasty. dont even bring up the o line either.

i will still continue to watch the packers and stand by rodgers, but it seems we are looking at the 70's and 80's all over again. and the worst part is is we chose it. favres 40 playing like hes 30.

unbeliveable.

The Packers are a shoe-in to make the playoffs unless they have an internal collapse, which is possible but not probable. You can't really can management when your team makes the playoffs.

TT's also sheepishly built-in an excuse for this season with the transition to the 3-4. Mac's just Mac; slightly disheveled and always a day late and a dollar short.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that the game was just yesterday and emotions are still high, but we're still 4-3 and have a great shot at getting a wildcard spot and possible a division title if there is a major vikings collapse. Chill

Streetpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have too many problems with TT (he's made some great draft choices aside from OL) except that he's cheap. MM is a good coach that needs to be STRIPPED of playcalling on the offense. He has no regard for the team's strengths. The playbook and scheme itself is actually quite good but he makes some stupid calls.
3rd and 1 and we go 4 wide? with that line? ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!

How long until we cut Mason Crosby? HOW LONG!!!! so tired of seeing that big leg capable of nailing a 60 yard FG if the uprights were 50 more yards to the right. WIDE RIGHT WIDE LEFT!!!!!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long until we cut Mason Crosby? HOW LONG!!!! so tired of seeing that big leg capable of nailing a 60 yard FG if the uprights were 50 more yards to the right. WIDE RIGHT WIDE LEFT!!!!!

I'm laughing hysterically as I type this because about two years ago, Crosby was *****-hot and TT was crowned a genius for drafting him.

It's not that I don't care for Crosby or love him - it's just the manic opinions at the drop of a hat.:happy0005:

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Yeah i like crosby, the Kid's got a leg. I agree that when he steps up to make those long one's you don't really know if its gonna be wide or not, but atleast we're not guessing if its short or not. He's gonna be the next Lindell of the Bills, and before I get flamed for saying Lindell hear me out. The guy has a strong leg as well, is pretty accurate even in Ralph-wilson stadium where the wind is crazy up here in NY, and gets the most experience kicking field goals because the Bills offense can't push 20 yards.

I still give Crosby some time to become a solid kicker.

MplsPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

unbeliveable.

I agree, it's kinda sad to see your living legend, the man who was the identity of Green Bay Packers football, one of the best QB's ever BAR NONE... still tearing up defenses. Makes you think... man, why did we get rid of him again after we went 13-3 and made it to the NFC championship?

Hendogg33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This might be brash but I think its time we close the book on Big Mike (MM). I'll give TT a year or two more but barring a miraculous turn around Big Mike's tenure should be over. His play calling is awful. (now I LOVE a good running game but we just don't have it) He sticks with the run too much. Lets use the short passing game to replace it until our offensive line proves it can open a hole. Also the zone blocking scheme has failed miserably. We should try a more traditional ground attack to see if that works better. Now on D I have problems with him bringing in Capers to impliment the 3-4. Our CBs are press coverage guys being forced to play in zone. Our best pass rusher is being used as an OLB, but rushing anyway from the 2pt stance. and we have a DT being forced to play DE. Nick Barnett has been quieter then normal, being forced to play in an overcrowded middle with AJ Hawk (an OLB who struggles in pass coverage and is playing ILB). Clearly player evaluating is not Big Mike's strong point. It's time to end the Big Mike era in Green Bay.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM meaning McCarthy or Murphy? It seems that Murphy and Thompson are pretty tight. It's unlikely that Murphy would run Thompson unless there were insubordination issues. But let me dream for a moment about that possiblity. Would you then throw money at Holmgren and try to get the band back together?

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And so what if they said compete for your job. Just come to training camp compete and win your job. If he was so much better, it's as simple as that.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And so what if they said compete for your job. Just come to training camp compete and win your job. If he was so much better, it's as simple as that.

Well thats the thing. After telling him and all the fans that he could compete they then changed their minds. This is why I dont understand all the defense for the 3 stooges. Favre is ripped becuase people say he lied. The management lied too and should be held accountable for it. if one is to the lie angle against farve then thenorg should be given the same treatment.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Do you have a link because I would like to read that.

You can dig it up at the Greenbay Pressgazette ...

Favre landed in GB and was coming to the practise ... Prior Murphy had flown to Hattisburg, Miss. in order to try to pursuade Favre not to attend Training Camp ... (that's when the 20 million endorsement deal was offered ...) ...

When Favre landed in Green Bay and went to the training fascilities he was not permitted inside ... instead Favre, Murphy, TT and McCarthy was in a meeting after which (6 hours I think), Favre left the training camp ...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay well I'll have to do more digging because I didn't find it in the first ten minutes of looking.

OP
OP
P

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they held a gun to his head, forcing him to sign the retirement papers?
they didnt need to. they didnt force him, but why stay when you know you arent wanted? favre gave them their way by 'retiring'.... lol at people who think brett retired because he thought he couldnt or didnt want to play. he just said that because he wasnt gonna say... yea im here retiring because im the fifth wheel... im retiring because i know ted scans that young roster and hates that 38 on there at qb....

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they didnt need to. they didnt force him, but why stay when you know you arent wanted? favre gave them their way by 'retiring'.... lol at people who think brett retired because he thought he couldnt or didnt want to play. he just said that because he wasnt gonna say... yea im here retiring because im the fifth wheel... im retiring because i know ted scans that young roster and hates that 38 on there at qb....

But I don't really understand why he woud retire just to give them their way. That makes no sense either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts