Can Charles Woodson repeat last years success?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory here. I think we can all agree we wouldn't have had nearly the same success we had last year without good ol' Chuckie Wood. He was simply phenomenal all over the field last season. You have to wonder if that was simply his peak. My question is, now when he is one year older, can he have that same kind of season again? Is he going to be one year slower, and thus worse? Or one year wiser, and thus better? Either way, he is the effing man, and we need him.

What is everyone's thoughts on Charles Woodson next season?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Absolutely not. Last year was arguably the best season a defensive player had in a decade. He was all over the field, he won games by himself, he played OLB, ILB, CB, S...

That said, he's still going to have a great season. Other players will pick up.

Our defense overall is going to be better than it was last year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory here. I think we can all agree we wouldn't have had nearly the same success we had last year without good ol' Chuckie Wood. He was simply phenomenal all over the field last season. You have to wonder if that was simply his peak. My question is, now when he is one year older, can he have that same kind of season again? Is he going to be one year slower, and thus worse? Or one year wiser, and thus better? Either way, he is the effing man, and we need him.

What is everyone's thoughts on Charles Woodson next season?
He's a beast, and a pure blue-chip athlete, a la a Randy Moss from that same draft.
For sure Wood is no one-hit wonder, but we certianly cannot expect that many big plays to repeat themself. Those take talent, but they also take some fortune.

All I really want is for him to continue to beat the odds and stay healthy all year. People who don't follow the NFL other than the Packers don't seem to be aware of the fact that Charles was always hurt in Oakland before we got him.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We keep asking this question year after year and the answer's always the same. Woodson has consistently been a playmaker year after year ever since he came to Green Bay. I know that he is also getting older at the same pace, but still I believe his impact remains the same. I expect great things from Woodson. Does that mean he'll have 9 INT's 3 TD's 2 Sacks 4 FF's next season? I don't think so but as much as there is the possibility that his numbers will drop, they may go up as well... scary huh??

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We keep asking this question year after year and the answer's always the same. Woodson has consistently been a playmaker year after year ever since he came to Green Bay. I know that he is also getting older at the same pace, but still I believe his impact remains the same. I expect great things from Woodson. Does that mean he'll have 9 INT's 3 TD's 2 Sacks 4 FF's next season? I don't think so but as much as there is the possibility that his numbers will drop, they may go up as well... scary huh??
very well said

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OCs will have to focus on neutralizing both Woodson and CM3 so it is imparitive that other guys step up this coming season. 2010 should be a lot of fun! :yahoo:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he did. He'll still be pro-bowl caliber, but it's really tough to duplicate what he did last year.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he did. He'll still be pro-bowl caliber, but it's really tough to duplicate what he did last year.

It's tough but not impossible. Here are the # of INT's he made after coming to Green Bay: 2006 - 8, 2007(injury plagued season) - 4, 2008 - 7, 2009 - 9. He's getting older it's true but even last year we were thinking that his age would start to show in '09. Well he proved us wrong and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.

OP
OP
YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris being back enables Woodson to be better.

With Harris, he can roam free, making plays, instead of covering the opponents' best man...

This is what I was thinking. Like perhaps his best game of the season against Dallas. Then after Harris got hurt, you didn't really see Wood rushing the passer anymore, because he was our best cover guy at that point.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's tough but not impossible. Here are the # of INT's he made after coming to Green Bay: 2006 - 8, 2007(injury plagued season) - 4, 2008 - 7, 2009 - 9. He's getting older it's true but even last year we were thinking that his age would start to show in '09. Well he proved us wrong and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it again.
I don't think age will really be much an issue.

To me it's just that last year was way too good, stats wise. It was unreal.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
To me it's just that last year was way too good, stats wise. It was unreal.
That's what I was thinking. To me, asking this is like asking if Tom Brady could duplicate his 50 TD season after '07. The answer is no, not because he's going to drop off, just because you can't expect the kind of insane stats that he put up the last year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. To me, asking this is like asking if Tom Brady could duplicate his 50 TD season after '07. The answer is no, not because he's going to drop off, just because you can't expect the kind of insane stats that he put up the last year.
Didn't like the comparison at all. Brady missed a full season and then dropped off. Let's hope this doesn't happen, and let's not make that comparison again! You're jinxing SuperMan!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts