Callahan this preseason Star.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how much Callahan plays against the Chiefs on Thursday. If he happens to play lights out, the Packers may force their own hand and have to put him on the 53.
I really don't think this is something to be concerned about. He should clear waivers and be available for the PS. Knowing TT, he probably bypasses him to sign Marquise Williams because of some nebulous "upside."

D

Deleted member 6794

But even on the PS, with Rodgers and Hundley ahead of him, what exactly are the Packers plans for Callahan?

I guess the long-term plan for Callahan is to compete with Hundley to be Rodgers' backup.

I'd guess it's like most PS guys. Depth for injuries, camp competition next season, trade bait during camp.

There aren't a lot of teams lining up to trade for a third string quarterback.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beat the rush, buy a Callahan jersey!
He makes the 53 because he may be the best backup QB during Rodgers career.
I'm talking "super sub" here.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers goes down the Packers season is over. That is all there is to it. Sorry, live by the elite QB, die by the elite QB.

I think if we keep Callahan we no be totally lost as were in past Rodgers went down. If there only 2 I'd keep him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Both Callahan and Hundley appear to have futures in the NFL, but I seriously doubt either of them are ready for prime time. Hundley's injuries didn't help him this preseason and Callahan is just too green. If AR goes down, you will see TT scrambling for a Vet QB t0 step in quickly if Hundley isn't ready.

D

Deleted member 6794

Joe Callahan has been informed that he has made the Packers 53-man roster.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Joe Callahan has been informed that he has made the Packers 53-man roster.
Me thinks the Packers didn't think he would clear waivers. Another year with 3 QB's on the 53, I guess not a bad problem to have 3 talented QB's.

OP
OP
A

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me thinks the Packers didn't think he would clear waivers. Another year with 3 QB's on the 53, I guess not a bad problem to have 3 talented QB's.
Or that the ankle Hundley injured will keep him out longer than expected and Callahan impressed the staff enough to give him nod. Its possible when Hundley is 100% again they send Callahan to the PS and only roll with 2 qbs and use the extra spot for Pennel when he returns. We will have to wait and see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts