Call Vince Young or Matt Flynn...and NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It's not panic to think a 33 year old QB won't suddenly improve in a week. He completed 2 percent fewer passes than his career average and was 0.1 yards lower than his career yards/attempt average. What exactly is he going to improve in six days that he hasn't been able to in the previous eight YEARS?

Who are you speaking of? Arod is only 29 years old.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look folks, the only FA QB available this season that I think had a real chance of competing if #12 went down was signed off waivers by the Vikings.
Freeman could have been good enough but because the Vikings are stinking up the league they get him off waivers. There are enough teams out there looking for a #1 to win with. The #2 backup job is left to also-rans. I'm honestly surprised to see so many who don't understand this.
Wallace will be much better with a week of practice. The run game was as good as I can ever remember it and guys are getting healthy.
BTW Rodell, are you ever happy? I suppose on Christmas morning you wait to see what PackerSanta brought you only to find more coal.
It's okay buddy, but have you EVER been happy with the Packers?

I'm a happy person buddy, my life is great, my health is great, my finances are great! and my chick?? whew! yea i'm pretty happy if i may so so myself:) BTW i'm happy when the Packers are WINNING that's all i care about...WINNING. I'm a dedicated fan and when the team is doing well yes i'm happy..when they are not?? then no, i'm not happy. Any fan who says otherwise is lying lying lying. See ya in Green Bay Sunday!! (1st game)

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it with some posters on here ??? "TT is the greatest thing since sliced bread !", as soon as there is an unforseen injury, BAM !!! " TT should be run out of town, he has screwed this team (no pun intended)". Then we get "The defense were brilliant, every player stepping up to the plate", and next its "The defense need a rocket up the ***, and are killing us every week !".
We`ve just got to work with the hand we have been dealt here, and stop *****ing about how the world has got it in for us :rolleyes:
Most of the haters are Favre worshippers, whether they admit it or not.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm a happy person buddy, my life is great, my health is great, my finances are great! and my chick?? whew! yea i'm pretty happy if i may so so myself:) BTW i'm happy when the Packers are WINNING that's all i care about...WINNING. I'm a dedicated fan and when the team is doing well yes i'm happy..when they are not?? then no, i'm not happy. Any fan who says otherwise is lying lying lying. See ya in Green Bay Sunday!! (1st game)

LOL. You would have been suicidal during the 70's and 80's when some of us were still loving our team. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Who is this

57.69% 177 yards 0 td 1 int 62.5 rate

Matt Flynn with no prep time vs Detroit in 2010

Then knowing he was starter vs New England.....64.86% 251 yards 3 tds 1 int 100.2 rating

Then in 2011 last game of the year knowing he was the starter vs Detroit we ALL know how he performed

Why isnt is very plausible that Wallace can have a good game knowing he is the starter and has a week of prep time

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Young couldnt figure out playbook in the time he was here and people want him now? Flynn is not coming..

Didnt some here say during the preseason, Rodgers needs to get his timing down with his wr??

Shouldnt same logic be applied to Wallace?
Which is exactly why it was completely incompetent for TT to bring ANYONE in 6 days before the season. Harrell/Young/Marinovich/Leaf/Brohm <insert your **** QB here> may have been garbage but they had a chance to learn the playbook, whick has far more value than TT being loyal to another one of his failed draft picks

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even understand what you are trying to say here Bus.

The typical line (that you've spouted above) is that TT is too loyal to his picks. He recognized that his QB picks didn't work and made a change. Are you arguing that sticking with Harrell and Coleman would have been the right move in your eyes?

Bus Cook

Reaction score

The typical line (that you've spouted above) is that TT is too loyal to his picks. He recognized that his QB picks didn't work and made a change. Are you arguing that sticking with Harrell and Coleman would have been the right move in your eyes?
I'm saying that no matter what you have, had or think you'll have, making that move 6 days before the season opener was inexcusabe. There isn't a player on the planet that can learn what is needed to be learned, in 6 days. If you need proof of that, look how that "chosen" player performed with 70 days to learn what needed to be learned. So I'm not so much arguing that Harrell and Coleman would have been who I wanted to be our backup QB, but given that they were there to learn for longer than 6 days, it would have worked out better, from a preparation perspective, than bringing in an outsider that had no clue after 6 days and still doesn't after 70.

Bus Cook

Reaction score

Would it be easier for you to agree with me, if TT decided to make the change from Harrell to Wallace, while the coin toss was in the air on opening day? Wallace or any other backup would have been fine to open camp and know what we had and allow him to learn something. If you would have bought Peyton Manning in 6 days before the opener, I would have thought it to be bad.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm saying that no matter what you have, had or think you'll have, making that move 6 days before the season opener was inexcusabe. There isn't a player on the planet that can learn what is needed to be learned, in 6 days. If you need proof of that, look how that "chosen" player performed with 70 days to learn what needed to be learned. So I'm not so much arguing that Harrell and Coleman would have been who I wanted to be our backup QB, but given that they were there to learn for longer than 6 days, it would have worked out better, from a preparation perspective, than bringing in an outsider that had no clue after 6 days and still doesn't after 70.

As I posted in the other thread..

Flynn couldnt do anything with no prep time in that Detroit game when Rodgers was out with a concussion..0 tds, 1 int and a rating of 60 ( wow, almost what Wallace did )

But with the next full week of prep time, he almost beat NE with 3 tds and 1 in and a rating of 100

Before getting all up in arms, lets see how Wallace does this week...We should see some improvement

They dont just drop q/b on their roster for Wallace 6 days before the season for poop and giggles

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Who is this

Then knowing he was starter vs New England.....64.86% 251 yards 3 tds 1 int 100.2 rating

Then in 2011 last game of the year knowing he was the starter vs Detroit we ALL know how he performed

Why isnt is very plausible that Wallace can have a good game knowing he is the starter and has a week of prep time

Because Flynn rode the bench on our team for like 3 years. 3 years > half a season w/ only one week of prep w/ first team.

In 2011 we had Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Finley etc.

Right now we have Nelson, Jones (who still probably isn't 100%) and a bunch of receivers with about as much experience in this offense as Seneca Wallace.

In 2010 we actually had a good defense. In 2011 we didn't, but at least they got some turnovers.....not anymore

I don't understand how people can look at something that happened two years ago and compare it to right now.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Yes, but given wallaces track record.....My faith is basically flushed down the Ol' crapper. I don't see how some guys are able to stay in the NFL.... senaca wallace is on or below the level of a brady Quinn....both turds who couldnt make the transition.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is this

Seneca Wallace has had eight YEARS in the NFL and his career completion percentage is only TWO PERCENT HIGHER than Flynn's vs the Lions! His performance against the Bears was not bad by his standards. In fact, in his two years with Cleveland, his completion percentage was lower than your example of Flynn vs the Lions.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Seneca Wallace has had eight YEARS in the NFL and his career completion percentage is only TWO PERCENT HIGHER than Flynn's vs the Lions! His performance against the Bears was not bad by his standards. In fact, in his two years with Cleveland, his completion percentage was lower than your example of Flynn vs the Lions.

THANK YOU !!!! I have been spouting off that he has always been a turd.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm saying that no matter what you have, had or think you'll have, making that move 6 days before the season opener was inexcusabe.
And if they would have stuck with Harrell after his horrible performances in preseason, this poster and a few others would be screaming about Thompson being too loyal. We saw what Harrell could do after years in the system, we would have no realistic expectations he would get better with more time in the system. The inexcusable mistake would have been sticking with the status quo. We will see what Wallace can do after almost a full week of preparation.

The Flynn of 2011 would be a great option. He was outworked in Seattle by a very talented and dedicated rookie, but what do the Bills and Raiders know that we don’t? According to cbssports.com, the Packers are 23rd in the waiver wire list so he may not be an option. And if he is available, the reason why the Raiders and Bills waived him could be the reason the Packers don’t want him back.
If you would have bought Peyton Manning in 6 days before the opener, I would have thought it to be bad.
All you have to do is wait a bit and this poster defeats his own argument. He would criticize bringing in a vastly superior talent, a HOF QB still performing at an elite status in favor of keeping Graham Harrell. His position is to criticize Thompson no matter what he does. If he stuck with Harrell he’d ***** about his play and Thompson being too loyal. If he brings a HOFer he’d *****. That says it all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We will see how he performed this week

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His position is to criticize Thompson no matter what he does. If he stuck with Harrell he’d ***** about his play and Thompson being too loyal. If he brings a HOFer he’d *****. That says it all.
His only place to run now is to say that TT screwed up going into camp. Yes, we all concede that Harrell and Coleman didn't work out but you have to make a decision 6 days before the season starts. It's either stick with what you've got or bring in new. There was no third option

Reaction score
Stay in? maybe...win? probably not. If MM and TT are to stubborn and idiotic to fix the qb situation then i don't know what else to tell ya. 5-6 when #12 gets back.
"Stubborn"? "Idiotic"? Why wouldn't they want to do what they feel is best for the Packers team? Their pride? I am guessing that they would rather have their performance bonuses by winning more games than holding out (by not picking up another QB) because they don't want to swallow their pride. Don't be such drama queens. You guys kind of sound like Vikings fans. The Pack will be just fine.

Bus Cook

Reaction score
His only place to run now is to say that TT screwed up going into camp. Yes, we all concede that Harrell and Coleman didn't work out but you have to make a decision 6 days before the season starts. It's either stick with what you've got or bring in new. There was no third option
Wrong. There are tons of other options. These would have all been better. Bring in Wallace 7 days before the opener, bring in Wallace 8 days before the opener, bring in Wallace 9 days before the opener,bring in Wallace 10 days before the opener,bring in Wallace 11 days before the opener,...

I get it, you think it was a good move, because your boi make the move. I don't.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get it, you think it was a good move, because your boi make the move. I don't.
I get it. You were one of the few people that actually knew, before everyone else, that Harrell was incapable of backing up Rodgers.

Bus Cook

Reaction score
I get it. You were one of the few people that actually knew, before everyone else, that Harrell was incapable of backing up Rodgers.
So lets see if I read this correctly as you like to parse my posts. Graham Harrell was a Packer since May of 2010. He was last released in August of 2013. That gives the Packers and more specificly TT and MM, almost 3 and a half years to evaluate his talent. You propose that only I have some special knowledge of his skill level. The Packers released him THREE times. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that he wasn't your guy. You certainly didn't have to put a season in jeopardy by waiting until 6 days before the season. You TT guys are really too much. I mean really, a guy you released 3 times you just needed those extra days of evaluation until a week before opening kickoff?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
add in prep with qb guru MM wallace never had a coach like him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts