Call Vince Young or Matt Flynn...and NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, I understand folks getting anxious about an injury to Rodgers. Heck, every time he runs the ball, I hold my breath. He's the face of the franchise and all that. But injuries happen. That is why every team has a bench. It's next man up and the team will just have to coach up Wallace enough to get through this spell without the normal Commander of the offense.

But, HEY MODS, can we add another little icon thingy at the bottom that looks like a panic button? That way we could just signify a post seemed like it was mashing the panic button without going to the effort of making a reply. :whistling:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But, HEY MODS, can we add another little icon thingy at the bottom that looks like a panic button? That way we could just signify a post seemed like it was mashing the panic button without going to the effort of making a reply. :whistling:
Thats @robdog area

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I understand folks getting anxious about an injury to Rodgers. Heck, every time he runs the ball, I hold my breath. He's the face of the franchise and all that. But injuries happen. That is why every team has a bench. It's next man up and the team will just have to coach up Wallace enough to get through this spell without the normal Commander of the offense.

It's not panic to think a 33 year old QB won't suddenly improve in a week. He completed 2 percent fewer passes than his career average and was 0.1 yards lower than his career yards/attempt average. What exactly is he going to improve in six days that he hasn't been able to in the previous eight YEARS?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not panic to think a 33 year old QB won't suddenly improve in a week. He completed 2 percent fewer passes than his career average and was 0.1 yards lower than his career yards/attempt average. What exactly is he going to improve in six days that he hasn't been able to in the previous eight YEARS?

Exactly...but were "panicing"? yea ok...heres to dropping the next 3-4 games.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I understand the anxiety. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I'm just saying that sometimes it's wisest just to make the best of the hand one is dealt. Stuff happens and its not always good. But looking for some quick remedy or fix in a situation like this will only lead to more anxiety. Sometimes there are no easy fixes. So the best thing to do is make the best of it; enjoy watching our favorite team, win or lose and hope for better things.

But a "panic button" would be some added fun to some posts. ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, there is NOBODY outside of Flynn and Favre that could run this offense. I don't care what you think about those names, but they are the only ones that could do it in the narrow 3-6 week window that we need a QB. Only a gray-haired veteran that has seen everything could have a chance at making it work without being in the system for a while - like Favre did for the Vikings (with a full training camp). As for younger QBs, look at the Vikings and Josh Freeman who had two weeks to prepare for the Giants on MNF.

So if you're TT, who do you get that could instantly give the Packers a chance at wins? Favre is 100% out. Flynn seems to have played himself off of some bad rosters (Raiders, Bills).

The reality is that like it or not, we are stuck with Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien until Rodgers returns. Wallace and Tolzien know the playbook, they just haven't had the practice. A free agent QB would have to do both, and I can't think of one qualified candidate outside of Flynn that could do it. My guess is that they will try to acquire Flynn if possible. If not, it's because they smell rotting cheese.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way man.... now that the eagles have Nick Foles back and he tossed 7 TD's in his return game and threw for 400+ yards.....We are in trouble.
Lol... You really expect Files to do that again? No way. Not with Lacy and Starks eating up the clock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Young couldnt figure out playbook in the time he was here and people want him now? Flynn is not coming..

Didnt some here say during the preseason, Rodgers needs to get his timing down with his wr??

Shouldnt same logic be applied to Wallace?

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, neither VY or Flynn is going to be a savior next weekend. Flynn has been cut from 3 teams this year and no one is biting on VY despite multiple teams with QB woes. Heck, I surprised that Tim Tebow and Brett Favre weren't listed in the header of this thread.

I am not convinced that our offense is any better than the Vikings at this point; good at the run but no QB, but I am willing to see what happens before throwing in the towel and putting the entire team on the scrap heap. Special teams played well yesterday and had our defense played a better game, 20 points might have been enough to win the game! Seneca is no A-Rod but this team seems to respond when their back is to the wall.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had their chance with Flynn when he was released from the Raiders but stuck with Wallace..

He will have a week of practice reps now, vs Philly should be better game for him...

If he doesnt play better then, then I expect them to get someone else
Packers to sign Flynn if he proves he's healthy

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

^ This one is also available.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
No but I've seen that name flipped around and my first though F- no!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm fully prepared for the front office to stick with Seneca Wallace in which case we may not win any games until Rodgers comes back. Even though I don't think anyone would deny we'd have a better shot with Flynn.

This is really too bad. I was looking forward to pounding on the Giants this season

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers to sign Flynn if he proves he's healthy

Found a link

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/matt-flynn-will-likely-be-signed-by-the-packers-if-he-is-healthy/

ESPN’s Ed Werder expects the Packers to sign free agent Matt Flynn “if convinced he’s healthy.” This came from a tweet that Werder wroter earlier today.

They will promote scott tolzien

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ott-tolzien-activated-to-packers-53man-roster

then on same link there is this

the Packers' decision not to put in a claim for Flynn is a good indication they have no plans to bring him back at this time.

So we have one source saying they will sign Flynn and another saying they wont

Last edited:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Look folks, the only FA QB available this season that I think had a real chance of competing if #12 went down was signed off waivers by the Vikings.
Freeman could have been good enough but because the Vikings are stinking up the league they get him off waivers. There are enough teams out there looking for a #1 to win with. The #2 backup job is left to also-rans. I'm honestly surprised to see so many who don't understand this.
Wallace will be much better with a week of practice. The run game was as good as I can ever remember it and guys are getting healthy.
BTW Rodell, are you ever happy? I suppose on Christmas morning you wait to see what PackerSanta brought you only to find more coal.
It's okay buddy, but have you EVER been happy with the Packers?

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theres a difference between being realistic and just having Packer blinders on...i'm realistic with a bit of optimism. If Rodgers is out for a significant amount of time? With the qb situation we have now? we'd be lucky to win another game the rest of the season. I don't care what you TT lovers say but 80% of the blame goes to him, Rodgers hasn't had an adequate backup since Flynn left and that is a FACT.

Vince Young came in and did a solid job but then they cut the dam guy? not only that they cut the guy's they ended up keeping over Young. I knew thiswould happen sooner or later and now we have gone from the best qb situation to the worse qb situation in the league without Rodgers. If we kept Young he could've been up to speed with the playbook and actually gave us a chance to win last night. This is unreal smh.

I agree. Rodgers is week to week, so even if he isn't out for a significant amount of time, the need for a quality backup is still vital. What happens, God forbid, if something happens to Rodgers down the stretch, aggravating this injury or a new injury and we are left without a backup? Or we are left with Wallace, with virtually is the same thing.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What is it with some posters on here ??? "TT is the greatest thing since sliced bread !", as soon as there is an unforseen injury, BAM !!! " TT should be run out of town, he has screwed this team (no pun intended)". Then we get "The defense were brilliant, every player stepping up to the plate", and next its "The defense need a rocket up the ***, and are killing us every week !".
We`ve just got to work with the hand we have been dealt here, and stop *****ing about how the world has got it in for us :rolleyes:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Lol... You really expect Files to do that again? No way. Not with Lacy and Starks eating up the clock.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Nope, I dont expect him to toss 7 TD's again. But before you disagree, take a look at his stat line so far.....13 TD's 0 INT's and that is in a limited role. If he gets a full time starting job, look out. He has the weapons at his disposal and they are speedy. It's the eagles defense that keeps other teams in the game. When Vick plays or Barkley they are not effective, but foles has good command of the offense as a BACK UP.....How does he compare so far to any other back ups or even ours for that matter? And as far as your comment about Lacy and starks eating up the clock......we have to have a decent lead for that type of grinding goes on.....we cant be playing catch up or even have a very close game and expect to win by grinding it out. With that lame *** senaca wallace in the drivers seat, we stand NO chance at getting a good lead and keeping it....None.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
What is it with some posters on here ??? "TT is the greatest thing since sliced bread !", as soon as there is an unforseen injury, BAM !!! " TT should be run out of town, he has screwed this team (no pun intended)". Then we get "The defense were brilliant, every player stepping up to the plate", and next its "The defense need a rocket up the ***, and are killing us every week !".
We`ve just got to work with the hand we have been dealt here, and stop *****ing about how the world has got it in for us :rolleyes:

What have you done lately for me league........ that is why.

Status
Not open for further replies.