Call Vince Young or Matt Flynn...and NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

I get it. You were one of the few people that actually knew, before everyone else, that Harrell was incapable of backing up Rodgers.
That Harrell was the best we could do in the developmental role began as a mystery and ended as a bad habit. At least Coleman had size and arm strength, good starting points, but alas not the head for it. Harrell never had the physical tools.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just answering your question. I do assume that "one of his best seasons as a QB" may have been during the three year consecutive MVP years, without MM, but thats one mans opinion

Under Holmgren 2 of his mvp years he had 99.5 in 1995 and 95.8 in 1996

2007 rate of 95.7 28 td 15 int this is ranked as 3rd best while in Green Bay.....One of the best can be considered top 3, correct?

The last 10 years with the Pack his lowest int total was 15...Once in 2001 and the other time in 2007..

But the point is MM can get q/b to play better....

Not sure why you insist on being trollish...

But those are the facts

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Under Holmgren 2 of his mvp years he had 99.5 in 1995 and 95.8 in 1996

2007 rate of 95.7 28 td 15 int this is ranked as 3rd best while in Green Bay.....One of the best can be considered top 3, correct?

The last 10 years with the Pack his lowest int total was 15...Once in 2001 and the other time in 2007..

But the point is MM can get q/b to play better....

Not sure why you insist on being trollish...

But those are the facts
So the fact that I attribute greatness (not just with Favre) to the players who exhibit greatness and not their coaches is trollish? Got it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want nothing to do with Young, but I would have signed Flynn immediately and game him the entire week with the first team.

With that said, I'm willing to accept the possibility that the guys in the front office who do this for a living might have a little better idea of what's best for the team than me. In most situations, TT has proved us wrong.

TT definitely has a heavy investment in Wallace now -- the season, essentially, if Rodgers is out too long. But let's give him at least a full game to succeed or fail before jumping to any conclusions.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So his QB rating had to do with MM but his Ints were all his fault. Very selective. I love TT.

Under Sherman Brett was careless, MM was able to get him to play better and under control..Which in turn made his int go down..

You posted under MM Brett had no SB..I just pointed out that Brett had the chance to go to a SB under MM, but tossed an int

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So the fact that I attribute greatness (not just with Favre) to the players who exhibit greatness and not their coaches is trollish? Got it.

I asked a question on how Brett did under MM, your reply is trollish because you did it to create an argument..

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Stubborn"? "Idiotic"? Why wouldn't they want to do what they feel is best for the Packers team? Their pride? I am guessing that they would rather have their performance bonuses by winning more games than holding out (by not picking up another QB) because they don't want to swallow their pride. Don't be such drama queens. You guys kind of sound like Vikings fans. The Pack will be just fine.

we will revisit this comment in a couple of weeks;)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone find it a little ironic that for the last several years, people have been screaming for a veteran backup QB? VY, Wallace, Favre, all these names have been thrown out there, like they could simply be plugged into the offense and go based on better name recognition than Harrell or Coleman.

Now that we signed a veteran backup and cut ties with Harrell and Coleman, Wallace apparently never has and never will have the tools to succeed and we would have been better off with a guy who had more time in our system. Everyone has a great plan after the fact.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
add in prep with qb guru MM wallace never had a coach like him

As I recall, Holmgren (Wallace's coach for the Seahawks) was generally noted as an excellent quarterback coach. Now, he didn't develop any Matt Flynns but Holmgren did develop a few journeymen QBs like Steve Young, Brett Favre and Matt Hasslebeck.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As I recall, Holmgren (Wallace's coach for the Seahawks) was generally noted as an excellent quarterback coach. Now, he didn't develop any Matt Flynns but Holmgren did develop a few journeymen QBs like Steve Young, Brett Favre and Matt Hasslebeck.

3 years and started 12 games in Seattle...

Most starts were in 08... 11 tds and 3 int and out performed Matt Hasselbeck that year (Holmgrens last year coaching there)

He then went to Cleveland in 2010 Holmgren brought him there..So Holmgren MUST have liked him for a reason?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t know about troll, but you’re definitely a Favre fan doing a **** poor imitation of a Packers fan.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are Green Bay Favre fans and Green Bay Packers fans. When Favre became a Favre fan over being a Packer, he lost me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out what is obvious to me. We sign Flynn (or another veteran) today and we get him for what.......league minimum? No, he won't play Sunday, but he would be ready for the following games. We wait, watch Wallace stink it up on Sunday and call Flynn (or another Veteran) on Monday, what do you think he will be asking for a contract then? Yes, we have the money either way, but TT seems to value the almighty $

Finally, this would have been better to do BEFORE taking Tolzien off the practice squad. Good luck getting him back to the practice squad if needed for a roster spot! but in my humble opinion, Tolzien isn't game ready this year.

Last edited:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something wrong with Flynn that we don't know about. Philbin showed no interest in him, 3 teams dump him, and now the Packers show no interest. I'll trust TT in this one, as usual.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 years and started 12 games in Seattle...

Most starts were in 08... 11 tds and 3 int and out performed Matt Hasselbeck that year (Holmgrens last year coaching there)

He then went to Cleveland in 2010 Holmgren brought him there..So Holmgren MUST have liked him for a reason?

Exactly, Holmgren had three years to turn him into a solid QB and couldn't. Holmgren actually has a better record of molding QBs than MM. Why would one week under MM make that much of a difference?

Let me be clear. I will be ECSTATIC if I'm wrong on this. I'm not rooting against the guy. It just boggles the mind that TT would enter the season with a career backup (and not a great one) with no experience in our system as Rodgers' backup. I've said it before, and the Packers aren't the only team that does this, but it makes no sense to have backup with no upside. Why not bring in a younger guy that might surprise you? Does anyone really believe that Tebow, Greg McElroy or Dennis Dixon would be that much worse than Wallace? I'm not talking about one game. I'm talking about enterting the season with the guy on the roster. Wallace at this point is what you see. He's not going to surprise you up or down. Unfortunately, the Packers are built around having a dynamic QB. Why lock in a guy that you know isn't going to be able to perform there?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just think that they know something we dont..

That is why we post and they do what they do..

Unless you have inside knowledge I dont..

If wrong so be it..but it is tiring to hear they are wrong when they guy hasnt been giving real shot

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but unless Flynn is hurt i don't see any real reason why the guy shouldn't be in Green Bay right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts