Byron Bell is a Packer

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spriggs looked better for sure, but he's still a below average tackle and needs to start figuring out the game quicker. I think that Kyle Murphy has the tools and talent to take over the starting position. I still maintain that re-signing Bulaga was a mistake. I hope that they cut him if he won't restructure to a much better deal. He's a fantastic player and guy, but he can't be counted on and he isn't getting better. Bell is the stop-gap in case neither Murphy nor Spriggs can establish themself.

Even if Bulaga gets healthy, it's likely going to be after Week 1. At this point, I think line continuity and early development is better for the Packers than having to throw in an unproven guy in Week 16 or worse yet during a playoff run.

H

HardRightEdge

Check mark the box for it in the alert preferences area under your name up above .
...and the "Alerts" in the upper right hand corner of this screen will flag replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

True. I'm assuming, again as a personal approach, that folks pick up from 'last unread post' and would thus see the reply (sort of like I did).
And in following that practice, you made a false assumption. If somebody's intent is to replay to specific post, then they should do so. If posting a general comment on the thread, then don't quote anybody.

Your approach persists in vaguary and lack of transparancy. You do realize that not quoting the person you reply to suggests avoidance, right?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check mark the box for it in the alert preferences area under your name up above .
I see them now, I better leave them unchecked. It would most likely be a burden to have so many notifications from all the "agrees" and "likes" and "winner" and general quotes of mine and remarks about how it was the "best stuff they've ever read in the internet" to sift thru all the time.

Probably better for me to just be left unaware...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So to summarize... we need OL depth, so let's cut our 2nd best Olineman to save money that can then be spent on worse players. That's what I'm reading.
Let's look at this... he is one of the highest paid players on the roster. He has had a handful of season ending injuries in his career. Always hurt. Good when healthy. Perfect example is the most recent acl, and 2018 pup... unwilling to take a pay cut...
He hasn't been THAT good....

Who is available?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Spriggs turned a corner last year and was playing very well before he got hurt.

Spriggs is one of those dang Tt projects, that after 5 years of hard work ,he COULD, MAYBE developed into an average player..... in the right scheme..... with the right players around him...... lol

I hope I'm wrong.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is available?

Exactly. If you cut Bulaga to free up cash for some reason, what are you doing with that money? You don't cut a good player to free up cap space if you don't have anything to do with that extra cap space. Maybe a cut would make sense before free agency, but it seems pointless now. No OT of anywhere near his caliber is available this late.

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HHe has started 74 out of 90 career games. From both tackle positions to guard, he has been a starter...

I always envy teams like Carolina and Dallas, who can lose a stud olineman or two and never miss a beat... in GB as soon as a tackle goes down, #12 has to run for his life every down...

Meanwhile Bulaga has 3 blown knees in his career(If I remember right) or maybe a hip and shoulder and two knees... either way he is wore out and unavailable. Yet still making 8 mil or something.

So Yea. This is a great signing. And Yea, it opens up the option to send bulaga to the glue factory .and use his 5+ MIL cap savings to go get another vet or two...
Lol glue factory

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He came in a few games toward the end of the year and we didn't miss a beat. He was playing markedly better than he had before.
So you are saying in the latter stages of the season he was better than a heaping pile of :poop:? That’s really great, but not sure I trust him protecting AR, would really hate to have to put the ball back in Hundley’s hands even if he is “our guy”.:confused:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. If you cut Bulaga to free up cash for some reason, what are you doing with that money? You don't cut a good player to free up cap space if you don't have anything to do with that extra cap space. Maybe a cut would make sense before free agency, but it seems pointless now. No OT of anywhere near his caliber is available this late.
Oline needs to be more of a priority as #12 gets on in years. I love the Evans signing. He is a stud. He might not be an allpro bull dozen anymore . But he was a plug in starter that was better than what we were used to imo.... that was a great pick up.
I'm don't know much about olinemen. I wouldn't know who is good value. But I bet 6 mil would buy a couple of them right now.... we are so used to spriggs or some late round rookie thrown in there, and #12s world turning upside down... doesn't have to be that way... go get a couple old veterans who still have something in the tank. And quit wondering if bulaga will be available week 6 or 8...

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are saying in the latter stages of the season he was better than a heaping pile of :poop:? That’s really great, but not sure I trust him protecting AR, would really hate to have to put the ball back in Hundley’s hands even if he is “our guy”.:confused:

He allowed 2 sacks in 5 starts at RT. That's not bad.

Members online

Latest posts