BUY OR SELL

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i the spirit of Tromads (thank you friend) and woody paige (shudder) i propose another buy or sell topic, just for fun. SO...

BUY OR SELL: The Packers will pick up an offensive lineman off the waiver wire after June 1st cuts, and that lineman will be a starter for the 2006 Green Bay Packers.

BUY OR SELL: The Packers will have more than one 1,000 yard rusher this season.

BUY OR SELL: The Packers will be in the Top 5 for defensive TD's.

BUY OR SELL: Woodson will be the Packers' number one CB.

BUY OR SELL: Brett Favre will move into the #1 spot all-time for career TD passes and career wins this season.

BUY OR SELL: Bozz will win the limerick contest.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUY OR SELL: The Packers will pick up an offensive lineman off the waiver wire after June 1st cuts, and that lineman will be a starter for the 2006 Green Bay Packers.

Sell- It looks like we have our players for at LEAST this year (tauscher,wells,colledge,clifton...as well as Coston and Spitz and Whitticker)

Sell- With the trio of RBs, i dont think any ONE guy will get enough carries to get the chance, but all 3 will make an impact in the running game, and THATS whats important!

Buy- Nick Collins picks off balls in practices, and that didnt transfer in 2005, and SHOULD in 2006. Manuel is DUE~! holy cow is he DUE! Add Al Harris and Mr. Charles Woodson...they will make some things happen! And don't forget about our speedy LBs(Barnett,Hawk,Taylor). It will happen.

Sell- With rumblings that Al Harris is going after a new contract this year, I doubt GB will want to make him mad, they will let him keep his #1 status.

BUY OR SELL: Brett Favre will move into the #1 spot all-time for career TD passes and career wins this season.

Sell- Favre would need 25 TD passes to be the all-time leader. This is going to be a running offense. Add to that, ew only have Driver, and then a bunch of AVERAGE WRs. As far as career wins, he needs 10 to get it. 10 wins. 4 wins last year, can they get 10 thisy ear? with a rookie coach? I don't think it happens. I don't see us cracking double digit wins! I hope we do though.

BUY OR SELL: I will win the limerick contest.

Sell- I never win anything.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Buy- god i hope so. only if a decent player qualified to fit in our new scheme somehow becomes available. our O-line hasn't been addressed yet, and i find it hard to hang hopes on inexperienced draft picks.

Sell- with a new scheme and Green coming off of an injury, still not completely healed...and Najeh of course will miss a bunch of games after he gets hurt again. Gado will clear a G though *crosses fingers*

Sell- baby steps. i'll settle for middle of the pack in turnovers period.

Sell- Harris is better than Woodson.

Sell- doesn't he need like 45 TD's?

lemme get back to you on that one :wink:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love these buy and sells..

Buy I think Verba is going to be in green and gold next year.

sell they're be too much splitting carries. I wouldn't be shocked to see all 3 over 500 and under 1000 at the same time.

It's possible but not likely. Sell

SELL. Harris is the #1 CB on our team. Woodson is coming off a slew of injuries and will take time to get back to his old self. I expect some growing pains actually.

sell we're run to setup the pass. I expect Brett to play well but I don't think he get's either or.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Buy. I have to think Jags and MM will be lobbying hard for this, and we still have plenty of money.

bozz_2006 said:

Sell. Ahman Green will be the only one with enough playing time to do that.

bozz_2006 said:

Sell. Better than last year, but not that good.

bozz_2006 said:

Sell. It'll be everyone's favorite whipping boy, Ahmad Carroll. Crow for (almost) everyone!

bozz_2006 said:

Sell. I think he'll get 25 TDs, but I don't think we'll win 10 games.

bozz_2006 said:

Sell. Just playing the odds, here...

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Buy. I hope so. Since our new scheme is only employed by a few teams, that means there will be a larger pool to draw players from, which means we can improve by picking up new guys. i think the team would be stupid if they were to not at least try to pick up a guy or two this way

bozz_2006 said:

Buy.I can definitely see Green and Gado going over 1000 yards. Najeh will be Najeh and get a few carries here and their but will not have a breakout year. I see our team moving in a Denver-esque direction, so that means splitting carries to keep players fresh and thus enhancing the chances of more big run plays.

bozz_2006 said:

Buy. I buy that based on the contingency that Manuel and Hawkins play their ***** off.

bozz_2006 said:

Sell. It'll be Harris. he knows the system and is healthy. although he is a couple years older than Woodson (whom almost everyone has made a big deal about woodson being too old). they will certainly pose a formidable duo.

bozz_2006 said:

Sell. I don't think it'll happen this year, for the same reason as most of you guys. Our offense is set up to be run heavy. I think if he plays another year after this, though, he will definitely surpass both. here's to hoping. it may not be about the records for Favre, but i'd sure love for him to get them.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i the spirit of Tromads (thank you friend) and woody paige (shudder) i propose another buy or sell topic, just for fun. SO...

This one is tough.

BUY at the right price: I think they will bring in 1 or more experienced bodies between now and the start of camp. I wonder whether quality will be higher than what is on the roster, although experience surely will be.

SELL: I think we will see all backs getting action due to age, coming back from injury, scheme, etc., this should enable more than 1 back to put up good numbers. I foresee something more along the lines of 1100, 800, 600, which would basically be like 2 1000 rushers and would make me happy.

HOLD: Not ready to buy or sell on this, although I think the D will be more aggressive and we have added a few potential playmakers, so one would hope we see an increase. Whether this will be enough for top 5 is questionable.

BUY: I think he will be tested early in the year and if he can hold up physically and not lose a step, he will emerge as our top by the end of the season.

SELL: I think he might need one more year after this year to capture both.

BUY: Just to give a little love.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Buy....this is hopeful thinking but hell I'd even chip in to pay his salary.

Sell.....We will have 3 - 500 yard rushers

Sell......just playing the odds.

Sell......Subjective

Buy and Buy....11 win season and 37 td passes

SELL.....If DePack doesn't win the limerick contest it is fixed. In fact, I predict DePack will get first AND second place :lol: :wink:

Members online

Latest posts