But Seriously...Holy F'N S#$% Rodgers...

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That throw was incredible but the credit is 50\50 Rodgers/Janis. Janis moved back from the middle of the field and played that ball perfectly and that is not any easy thing to do when you are wide open let alone with guys draped all over you.
Get that guy out there more. He is a talent. Like we have been saying all year.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about this for next season: the last time the Packers lost a playoff game at Arizona in overtime (2009), they won the Super Bowl the following year (2010).

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like this game might give the team fire going into next year. Last year was just hard to deal with and it seemed like the type of thing you might not recover from. I don't feel that way this year. I have more optimism.
I was expecting the Packers to be the hungriest team in the NFL this season..... but I know what you're saying. Having Jordy back alone will do wonders for this team next year.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was expecting the Packers to be the hungriest team in the NFL this season..... but I know what you're saying. Having Jordy back alone will do wonders for this team next year.
Assuming he and the rest of the offense stay healthy.....there are never any guarantees in the NFL.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think losing by a landslide would have been better than going into overtime on a miraculous hail mary pass, again by rodgers, only to lose to two plays in overtime.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reminds me of how people acted about Brett--he never was allowed to be blamed

Not until the end anyway. If you have been paying attention though you will notice that a few people have been starting to blame Rodgers. Not many yet but it starts slowly. Give him another year next year like had this year and it will be 50/50.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the best who has ever lived at the position.

He's not even the best to live the position on the Packers. At least Brett Favre made it to more than one Super Bowl.

Rodgers did miss a 4th down pass that really would have helped

Bouncing that pass into Jones was like a basketball player shooting an airball on a free throw.

I think Janis deserves some credit on the hail Mary catch. Of course he won't get it but damn..he showed some grit.

On the replay it looked like the DB behind Janis got his hand on the ball as Janis lept, and helped to push the ball into Janis's hands.

But yeah, Rodgers is the master of the hail mary. But he probably will never complete another hail mary again - he used up his lifetime supply just in one season.

And like another guy said - it's a damn shame that the greatest play in the history of the playoffs won't be remembered by anyone since we lost.

Tom A

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. Another precious year of Rodgers' prime gone. I fear he will end up like Favre, with just the on Super Bowl at the beginning of his career and spend the rest of his career trying and failing to get a second one.
I worry about that, too. I sometimes think it would be better to not make it to the playoffs than have the feeling, almost every post-season, that I have this morning. *Sigh*

Tom A

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about this for next season: the last time the Packers lost a playoff game at Arizona in overtime (2009), they won the Super Bowl the following year (2010).
Yeah, I'll hang my hat on that one. (eye roll)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I just hate as great as Aaron is,his career is being wasted. A crying shame

Sorry Bob but this kind of comment rattles my chains. HE has been as much to blame as ANYBODY this season mate, AND he`s lucky to be wearing green and gold as 23 other teams passed on him before WE saved his career. No offence intended to you there btw.

I

Why is it so important that WE(our team) are letting HIM down ?? HE`S letting us down. He gets paid very nicely either way. :rolleyes:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Bob but this kind of comment rattles my chains. HE has been as much to blame as ANYBODY this season mate, AND he`s lucky to be wearing green and gold as 23 other teams passed on him before WE saved his career. No offence intended to you there btw.
I'm sure every single one of those teams is glad they passed on him. And you're right, he's the lucky one. He would have been a bum anywhere else, and any QB we would have brought in instead would be the most efficient passer in NFL history.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not even the best to live the position on the Packers. At least Brett Favre made it to more than one Super Bowl.

Bouncing that pass into Jones was like a basketball player shooting an airball on a free throw.

On the replay it looked like the DB behind Janis got his hand on the ball as Janis lept, and helped to push the ball into Janis's hands.

But yeah, Rodgers is the master of the hail mary. But he probably will never complete another hail mary again - he used up his lifetime supply just in one season.

And like another guy said - it's a damn shame that the greatest play in the history of the playoffs won't be remembered by anyone since we lost.
And Rex Grossman is just as good as Dan Marino since they went to the same number of Super Bowls.

I

I'm sure every single one of those teams is glad they passed on him. And you're right, he's the lucky one. He would have been a bum anywhere else, and any QB we would have brought in instead would be the most efficient passer in NFL history.

I never said that, so don`t put words in my mouth. I SAID he was overlooked by 23 other teams. If you`ve ever seen the program about him, he expected to be taken No 1 and wasn`t. He said himself that it was humiliating for him, and by the time we picked him, he was very relieved.
We don`t owe him anything. When he is good, he is excellent, but HE is just as much to blame for this last season, and to say WE let HIM down is offensive to the Green Bay Packers.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I feel like this game might give the team fire going into next year. Last year was just hard to deal with and it seemed like the type of thing you might not recover from. I don't feel that way this year. I have more optimism.

The talking heads said that last year too...yet there they were...playing for a trip to the NFCCG again. Hey, we had them on the ropes and weren't supposed to be there because of the blowout 38-8 loss earlier. They'll recover fine. Question is, how will the fan base fare? :tdown:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like this game might give the team fire going into next year.
The GM, Murphy and the BOD will likely make no changes due to the same thinking. So get ready for more of the same. If Rodgers plays out of his mind (as he has up to this year) we'll be no closer to a Championship. And the cumulative number of hits Rodgers has taken the last 8 years behind mediocre offensive lines isn't going to make him any better next year. Seems to me changes in coaching and playing (most would agree the 2 are interrelated ) are needed to expect any real improvement.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The talking heads said that last year too...yet there they were...playing for a trip to the NFCCG again. Hey, we had them on the ropes and weren't supposed to be there because of the blowout 38-8 loss earlier. They'll recover fine. Question is, how will the fan base fare? :tdown:

This fan will be fine. Living here in San Disgo where no one knows if they will even have a team here next year, I have the luxury of believing that my beloved Pack will yet again be a contender for the Lombardi Trophy, as they are nearly every year.

The Packers will be fine next year.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

to be honest with you, I wondered how this team would recover after that embarrassing flop of a performance in the championship game. there was a lot of shame after that performance and would have been hard to recovery that shameful loss. this game however, there was nothing to be embarrassed of and they have every reason to hold their heads up high going into next season.
btw...if I don't make fking sense, that is because I just pulled an all nighter because of not being able to go to sleep since I have been replaying this game over and over in my head. sh999t!:cry:

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The loss to Seattle and this loss to Arizona feel very different to me. The Seattle loss was a big booted stomp on the team. In contrast, this loss could almost be a bonding experience for the team and it hints at untapped potential.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score

Personally, I remember lots of talk about how the team will react going into the 2015/2016 season—will they be effected by the devastation..will they be better? I don't remember there being talk about the team gaining an edge or 'fire' as a result of that devastating turn of events. I just think the team proved that they can compete with players like janis, abberderis etc. Having those guys on the depth chart next year should give this offense confidence, and the D will hopefully make strides as they have every year for the past 4 years.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
...if I don't make fking sense, that is because I just pulled an all nighter because of not being able to go to sleep since I have been replaying this game over and over in my head. sh999t!:cry:

Don't do that goose, I took two AlkaSeltzer Nighttime cold tabs and zapped out all but immediately...sleeping until 6:30 a.m. or so.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the immortal words of Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane"; "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue."

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truth be told, all it takes is for one play to open up everything to scrutiny. The D gave up a 75 yd broken pass play due to sending the house. Palmer moved pretty well that play, surprisingly, and the rest is in the books. Look no further than that. That is how close it was. Surrounding Rodgers with talent is now paramount, as the D is doing enough to win.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts