Bucks 2022-2023

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the Celtics are struggling a bit with the Hawks. Gives the Bucks a bit of time to "catch up".

F'ing NBATV is carrying the game again tonight. I have YouTubeTV and NBATV is part of the package, yet they black out the Bucks games. Explain that garbage!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
It must be part of that home game bit, where a local network is carrying the game. You might check to see if that's the case. From what I saw, when I just checked, it's on TNT and Bally. It's possible Bally causes it to be blacked out on TNT?

There are streaming services out on the net where you can latch onto it, and watch it. I don't know exactly which are out there any longer to be honest. You might ask people who know, to send you a link??

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something interesting I just found. You can get a 7 day free trial with Bally, so you could watch the games that would get you past the first round, then cancel. From there on in, you will probably get the rest. If not, you can then use a 7 day trial of Fubo, because they'll be on NBA-TV and TBS the second round. Lots of ways to skin that cat. Free is good.... ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Something interesting I just found. You can get a 7 day free trial with Bally, so you could watch the games that would get you past the first round, then cancel. From there on in, you will probably get the rest. If not, you can then use a 7 day trial of Fubo, because they'll be on NBA-TV and TBS the second round. Lots of ways to skin that cat. Free is good.... ;)
Thanks and yeah...Free is good ;) I know a few work arounds and with a VPN, YouTube TV doesn't know that I'm not vacationing in Florida ;) Just frustrating to be paying for a channel that carries it, 90 miles and probably $300 a ticket away from being able to watch it "live".

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you not call a timeout there and how do you not even get a shot off?

Now that Rodgers is gone, other teams gotta step in to have epic playoff meltdowns I guess.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucks problems go way beyond the coach. Giannis probably won't like it but its time to strip the franchise and start over with a new GM, coach and roster. Keep Giannis, Allen, Portis and maybe Beauchamp and everyone else can hit the highway. They got embarrassed and exposed by an 8th seed that had to play its way in to the playoffs. The Bucks have a star player and beyond that they are a mess. Too old, no picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What I can't wrap my head around is the fact that you have one of THE premier players in the NBA, yet there are times when he is on the bench and the team seems to play better. I'm not saying all the time, but they seem faster without him. They built a 16 point lead in the 3 Q last night, mainly with Giannis on the bench. He comes back in to start the 4th Q, plays like crap and the lead vanishes. Game 2, no Giannis, Bucks blew out the heat. I have been noticing this in a lot of games over the past several years.

Is it coincidence? Or do the Bucks need to figure this out. You obviously need Giannis, but you need to make the team play better around him. Maybe begin by having a guard bring the ball up the court from the defensive end? Giannis used to be effective doing that, before teams closed the lane to him, now he just typically passes the ball off or dribbles around wasting time. Keep Giannis off the free throw line. He needs to stop forcing heavily contested shots or at least trying to stay out of traffic. Yeah, he is really special, but teams know if they put him on the FT line, it is better then giving him an uncontested shot. Giannis also needs to be banned from shooting 3 pointers, until further notice. Glad he only shot 1 in this series and it was a brick.

I predict some changes for the Bucks are coming, especially after being thoroughly blown out of a series by a #8 seed.

Give Miami credit though, they played much better than their seed and when healthy, pretty talented.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Seems that we aren't the only fan base thinking about this. I don't know a ton about Nick Nurse, but liked what he did with the Raptors when they won it all in 2019.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question about the Bucks appearing to play better without Giannis goes back to what they're doing on the court when he's in the game and not out there. Like I said, when he's out there, he plays the one man game that Bud gave him. When he's not out there, the players who are move around the court, creating mismatches that they can exploit. As soon as he's back in, the offense is limited to get it to Giannis.

It's the responsibility of the coaches to create offensive strategy that takes advantage of all the skills they have on the floor. If you're going to put all of it on one player, the guy has to be able to hit a huge percentage of free throws, because if he doesn't, they'll hack him all night. When Wilt Chamberlain was playing, teams would send one guy after another onto the floor whose job was to hack him every time he was in close proximity to the rim, and got the ball. That's why there was a time where the NBA introduced a "3 shots to make 2" policy on free throws, on bonuses. They wanted that hacking stopped.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The question about the Bucks appearing to play better without Giannis goes back to what they're doing on the court when he's in the game and not out there. Like I said, when he's out there, he plays the one man game that Bud gave him. When he's not out there, the players who are move around the court, creating mismatches that they can exploit. As soon as he's back in, the offense is limited to get it to Giannis.

It's the responsibility of the coaches to create offensive strategy that takes advantage of all the skills they have on the floor. If you're going to put all of it on one player, the guy has to be able to hit a huge percentage of free throws, because if he doesn't, they'll hack him all night. When Wilt Chamberlain was playing, teams would send one guy after another onto the floor whose job was to hack him every time he was in close proximity to the rim, and got the ball. That's why there was a time where the NBA introduced a "3 shots to make 2" policy on free throws, on bonuses. They wanted that hacking stopped.
Fully agree.

It seems so simple to me, yet does Bud or anyone within the organization see it? Seems like he just keeps going to "Giannis is in, the offense is centered around him, we win or die by him" Some of it might be Giannis needs to be fully aware of it as well. Great players lift up the players around them and that doesn't happen consistently enough for the Bucks, when it really counts.

Last night was exactly all of what you said, in a neat little package for the Bucks to study. Especially, when you throw in Giannis's back issues.

I just hope the Bucks brass don't say "Hey, we had the best record in the NBA, Giannis was hurt, The Heat got hot and we will do better next time."

Actually, as I think about it, feels a bit like the Packers. Superstar QB, great regular season record, but choke when it counts.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly like what we've seen with the Packers. Accepting the fact that they do great, until it comes to winning the big prize.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
One thing not discussed so far - Haslam becomes part owner and Bucks turn into The Roundball Browns.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One thing not discussed so far - Haslam becomes part owner and Bucks turn into The Roundball Browns.
I think their "issues" existed well before Haslam. Now the question will be, "Does Haslam want to fix them or just keep trying to fill seats with a team that is just good enough to compete for the division each year?"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
After watching the final play of regulation a few times, the inbound rainbow pass to Jimmy B, I questioned it at the time, but really question it now. Bud pulled Lopez out of the game, the big 7' tall guy that would have probably been under the basket and inserted Pat C (6'5'). Now Pat can normally jump, but the pass went right over his outstretched arm right arm and he barely leaped. Wouldn't you want your tallest guy and a good defender under/near the basket?

Meanwhile, Bud is standing way over by the scorers table, almost at mid-court, with his thumb up his a$$. Final thought, if Bud didn't want to use that TO after Butler's shot, he probably should have waited to see how the Heat lined up for the inbound pass and called the TO immediately to scheme.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think their "issues" existed well before Haslam. Now the question will be, "Does Haslam want to fix them or just keep trying to fill seats with a team that is just good enough to compete for the division each year?"
Oh... they did exist prior. Haslazms presence just solidified the bad ju-ju.

Seriously though, I can't remember being so crestfallen over a team's collapse - the Packers' meltdown v. Seattle is a runaway winner but THIS is a distant 2nd.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... they did exist prior. Haslazms presence just solidified the bad ju-ju.

Seriously though, I can't remember being so crestfallen over a team's collapse - the Packers' meltdown v. Seattle is a runaway winner but THIS is a distant 2nd.
Competition for 2nd from Favre's last Packers game and 2011 playoffs.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds odd, but if they had to get knocked out of the playoffs, almost preferred that it was the Heat and not in the Eastern Finals with a Celtics blow out. Kind of like I wanted last year with the Packers and their last 5 games. Doesn't give a team the feeling that they are "almost there" and only need a few minor tweaks. More of a feeling of "Hmmmmm....we fell way short, some major changes are needed." IE....For the Packers, it would have been Barry getting fired and For the Bucks, Budd gets fired. Packers didn't fire Barry and I think those last 4 of 5 game wins helped save his job.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lopez is ****ing useless as well!! The rest of teams in the NBA must really SUCK on defense if the Bucks were the #1 defensive team!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lopez is ****ing useless as well!! The rest of teams in the NBA must really SUCK on defense if the Bucks were the #1 defensive team!
I totally disagree. He's one of the best shot blockers in the league. Replacing him isn't as easy as you seem to believe.

As for the defense, they are that good, but can be over matched if the sideline decisions aren't handled properly.

I feel bad about Bud losing his Brother before game 4. If he was too distraught, he should have handed control of the team over to one of his assistants, and taken leave to recover. I feel bad for him, and the family, but these losses go with the territory. I don't believe things would have been different had his Brother not died. But, the optics are really going to look terrible if they let him go, considering those circumstances.

Members online

Latest posts