Bryan or Masthay?

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't know much about these two. Who looks more impressive? Who has a better chance to make the team?

I have seen a video on Chris Bryan, and he looks like he has a powerful leg. He said he feels confident that he can pin teams deep. All I really know about Masthay is he was on the Colts Practice Squad.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The competition between punters Chris Bryan and Tim Masthay has only just begun, but Bryan may have ended the rookie camp with a slight lead.

McCarthy singled out the 28-year old Australian on Sunday.

“They punted well today,” McCarthy said. “We worked primarily from about the minus-40 (yard line) going in, so a lot of inside the 10 and 20 work today, and I thought they really punted well. I thought Chris Bryan had a very good day.”

That kind of punting should be Bryan’s strength because it’s similar to what he did while playing Australian Rules Football. He said earlier this weekend that he thinks he can consistently place the ball inside the 5-yard line.

Everything I've read so far suggests that Bryan has a better chance to be our Punter, and he also looks more impressive. The competition is still in it's early stages though.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take Bryan. Dude not only has a strong leg but he is 6'5. He is a big guy and he played rugby. I'm sure he has no aversion to hitting other players which gives him a leg up over just about any other punter out there.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said this all along. We'll have the 31st best punter in the league. 08, we had the worst of all time. Last year, the worst in the league. It's one step at a season...

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Bryan, sounds like he has a strong leg.. Masthay. Never heard of.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
hopefully the bryan guy he's big, or craig hentrich :happy0005:

I seem to remember that Kapinos was pretty big 6'1 or 6'2, and he leveled a couple guys last year. I still think the Punting average wasn't all Kapinos' fault, and a LOT if not MOST of it was the HORRIBLE kick coverage. Everytime a guy would catch it would seem like they would have a good or great return against us, special teams yards hurt, a lot. And if we think just putting a new Punter in their is gonna solve the entire special teams issue your delusional.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I *** Bryan, just because I remember his story better. Also our punts wouldn't of had been so bad on 4th down if we would quit being penalized so much. We need to fix that.

Latest posts