Brian Gutekunst new Packers GM

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, I ran into Lord Gutekunst today and he let me snap a picture with my cell phone as he was addressing me;

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

Word on the street in GB is ...
He can dispel rumors with a single word!
He was conceived when "The angels got together and decided to create a dream come true"
The force bows to his wishes.
He can make the lamb and the lion lie down together.
He speaks and the sun stops to listen.
That's exactly what I was talking about!

H

HardRightEdge

I would be to. I see Wolf leaving & being a GM somewhere else. That sucks but gotta trust Packers know what they’re doing. GO PACK GO
Wolf has already left. He took an assistant GM job in Cleveland, a lateral move. He's probably as angry about being blocked from interviewing for GM jobs last year, striking when the iron was hot, as he is about being passed over in Green Bay. His stock looks to have gone cold in the interim if it was ever all that hot.

But so what? Had Gutekunst been passed over he would have left. He was in Houston ready to interview for that job when he was offered the Packer contract.

Frankly, nobody on the outside has any idea who was the better personnel evaluator because we don't know who's scouting opinions had the most hits and the fewest misses. The insiders would have evaluated that.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe by having a new DC, Gute will have more flexibility in creating a new defensive roster. There will be less incentive in keeping underperforming players because they are familiar with the skeem since the new DC will have his own terminology and techniques.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe by having a new DC, Gute will have more flexibility in creating a new defensive roster. There will be less incentive in keeping underperforming players because they are familiar with the skeem since the new DC will have his own terminology and techniques.

I tend to think in converse terms. I think it’s more likely that Pettine unlocks some of the existing talent on defense, which they actually have a decent share of.

H

HardRightEdge

I tend to think in converse terms. I think it’s more likely that Pettine unlocks some of the existing talent on defense, which they actually have a decent share of.
I'm sure he'll be looking at a lot tape and will be making his case for who he can use and who he cannot.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I take back everything I thought about Gutekunst. He has made some very bold moves which I'm sure have TT sleepless...

H

HardRightEdge

still think I have no clue?
So, you had to go back to a post from January 7 to find one you could argue with? How long did that take you? How about something more current? I don't know about you, but my thinking evolves as events unfold. Want me to go find your Biegel posts from last offseason?

I absulutely opposed extending Nelson stated numerous times. Best I would have done was a 1 year deal replacing his last contract year with a meaningful cut. "Still think I have no clue"? I based that stictly on what I see, not what I heard.

I think you're still upset over the Rodgers contract exchange.

If the Packers have/will in fact sign Wilkerson and Graham, guess what? That's not enough to fix this team. Draft and develop is absolutely required.

When we see the contract terms we'll see what kind of cap is left.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I said he would be aggressive..that's all this is about. Your posts seemed to indicate he wouldn't.

H

HardRightEdge

I said he would be aggressive..that's all this is about. Your posts seemed to indicate he wouldn't.
My posts indicate that without cutting cap and/or renegotiating Rodgers with big cap "balloon payments" down the line, he would not have the cap to be agressive.

Well, he swapped out Nelson's cap for Graham's for what looks like a wash for this year, with more to come next year and the next. Adding Wilkerson cuts deeper into the cap space. There's little left without another cut.

I liked the Nelson move to free up cap, but I thought he'd wait until after the draft. Graham is a high risk signing given his age, lost speed and cost, the same risk Nelson presented whether in one or multiple years. I do not approve.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My posts indicate that without cutting cap and/or renegotiating Rodgers with big cap "balloon payments" down the line, he would not have the cap to be agressive.

Well, he swapped out Nelson's cap for Graham's for what looks like a wash for this year, with more to come next year and the next. Adding Wilkerson cuts deeper into the cap space. There's little left without another cut.

I liked the Nelson move to free up cap, but I thought he'd wait until after the draft. Graham is a high risk signing given his age, lost speed and cost, the same risk Nelson presented whether in one or multiple years. I do not approve.

fyi.

no anamosity, wasn't trying or being snide to you.

But, the Vince thing? I spoke to his parents, and work with his uncle.. I stick by his wieght gain, and surgery.

I don't care what article capt posted or what anyone says.. if I physically speak to a parent, I'll trust them.

I know someone that deals with Rodgers. When I physically see him, he gives me tid bits

you may not like my thoughts, or trust my word. I just know what I am told, I can trust be very true

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts