Brian Gutekunst new Packers GM

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"Brian Gutekist walks into a bar......" :coffee:

I'm waiting for more information on Gute, so seems like the thread has stalled a bit and well......sorry for my part in taking the thread off topic.

Cheers!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Gutekunst goes to LaX, at the same time Blatz vs. Oldstyle rises to its height of popularity. Coincidence?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Brian Gutekunst goes to LaX, at the same time Blatz vs. Oldstyle rises to its height of popularity. Coincidence?
I helped put them on the track to their heights when Gutekunst was in 3rd grade. All he did was hop on the train.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I helped put them on the track to their heights when Gutekunst was in 3rd grade. All he did was hop on the train.
I appreciate you laying down those tracks. I have a few vague and incredibly fuzzy memories of that day in May

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last I checked Gutekunst was a real person, UWL is a real school, but Special Ex may or may not be a real beer, but the hangovers sure feel real and some are debating whether or not he has a 'real" GM position. Until some decisions are being made, do we need to continue with the draft or FA approach that he may or may not employ for months on end until he makes some actual decisions? I think it's pretty cool he got his start as a student coach at a smaller state school and he coached some guys I called friends while in school, though I admittedly didn't know who he was then. Nobody really knows anything about him and he's really made no decisions to talk about yet. What else are we going to talk about?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ling-theories-packers-gm-decision/1030792001/
Interesting read,especially mid way during the story about the disfunction between the scouting staff,TT, and MM. May be why he is going with the “silo” approach for now.
I think it's all too much thinking. If ball was the choice all along and then they caved to Mm and Rodgers, if I was ball I'd be outta here. Such a respected cap man wouldn't be looking for work long.

The most likely explanation, first there's the hiring. They interviewed the 3 very strong internal candidates, one of them separated himself and got the job. And secondly they recognized some communication problems that have crept up, so they addressed them . Whether it's better, the same or worse, we're going to find out. It's always a balance. Too many cooks and egos can be bad. And just a single entity making all the decisions can be bad too when other important minds aren't being heard. they both can work either way but they have to find the balance. Lots of work to be done

swampthing69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brand new here but have to say I’m excited about the change at GM. Glad they didn’t go with Ball as that seems like it would’ve just been more of the same. New guy will have to prove himself but at least there’s reason for some excitement.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Brian Gutekunst is the most interesting man in the world.
Word on the street in GB is ...
He can dispel rumors with a single word!
He was conceived when "The angels got together and decided to create a dream come true"
The force bows to his wishes.
He can make the lamb and the lion lie down together.
He speaks and the sun stops to listen.

Members online

Latest posts