Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As a rookie GM he's not going to get an offer where he has complete control over personnel and the cap. Thompson didn't even have that. Hell, Schneider has neither, to take one example. He has to share with Carroll.

Jerry Jones is his own GM and controls everything since he owns the joint. Belichick is probably pretty close given the level of trust granted from Kraft. Reid might be next on the list after winning a power struggle and getting Dorsey fired. These guys have been around the block more than a few times. Rookies have to earn power.

I'm not so sure whoever is named the new GM won't be sharing the duties with TT. Which is why Ball is probably being splashed around as the frontrunner for the job. He and TT have established a solid working relationship and this could all just be window dressing for a decision that was made behind closed doors long ago.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not so sure whoever is named the new GM won't be sharing the duties with TT. Which is why Ball is probably being splashed around as the frontrunner for the job. He and TT have established a solid working relationship and this could all just be window dressing for a decision that was made behind closed doors long ago.

But I thought TT was revered as a genius by everyone in front office ranks around the league. I thought he was the best there was and the most skilled in the game? :eek:

How dare anyone not want to work with TT.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why is there so much speculation that everyone within hates the idea of ball being GM. I’ve heard that MM would quit, Wolf would leave, Rodgers hates the idea of ball as GM. Is there any fire to this smoke?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

? I don’t take this as a slight to the pack. Reggie has his own thing goin in Oakland with key pieces in place such as Carr and Mack and he’s doing a good job. 95% of professionals wouldn’t leave a spot where they’re established and thriving for a lateral move.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So why is there so much speculation that everyone within hates the idea of ball being GM. I’ve heard that MM would quit, Wolf would leave, Rodgers hates the idea of ball as GM. Is there any fire to this smoke?

Because it's final proof that all they care about is $ and there brand which about to be a losing one.

H

HardRightEdge

I highly doubt Thompson will have more than a consulting role.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
? I don’t take this as a slight to the pack. Reggie has his own thing goin in Oakland with key pieces in place such as Carr and Mack and he’s doing a good job. 95% of professionals wouldn’t leave a spot where they’re established and thriving for a lateral move.

I'm not sure if 13 draft picks and almost 30 million in cap space with fat to cut along with Aaron Rodgers is a "lateral move" from Oakland or Las Vegas.

H

HardRightEdge

But I thought TT was revered as a genius by everyone in front office ranks around the league. I thought he was the best there was and the most skilled in the game? :eek:

How dare anyone not want to work with TT.
You're only as good as your last half decade, lol.

Thompson has been pretty mediocre for quite a few years now.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read McKenzie declined to interview for GM interesting to say the least I wonder why.. also read that if ball gets the GM job McCarthy said he is gonna look for another job... hmmmm

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could get really interesting I don’t want ball as the GM as NOTHING would change at all...

H

HardRightEdge

I understand that. When you've built something from nothing it's hard to let it go. But if the Green Bay GM job is the best around as the echo chamber likes to say, you would think he might at least hear what Murphy or his consultants have to say.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read McKenzie declined to interview for GM interesting to say the least I wonder why.. also read that if ball gets the GM job McCarthy said he is gonna look for another job... hmmmm

You mean in post #345 of this thread? ;)

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are dragging it out until Pats win the Super Bowl and they sign Belicheck to be both GM and HC :D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Shhhhh. Your starting to sound "narcissistic" and "self entitled". Its all a "conspiracy theory". :eek:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I highly doubt Thompson will have more than a consulting role.

Yes, my Father always claimed to be the "Family Consultant", but we all still knew who ran the show.

Give TT whatever label you want, as long as he is in the "system", especially in the early going, his "advice" might be viewed with a lot more weight than that of a mere consultant.

I don't think this is a terrible thing, unless it's just business as usual and his replacement is a mere puppet.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
They are dragging it out until Pats win the Super Bowl and they sign Belicheck to be both GM and HC :D
I actually think this is something Belichick would be interested in. And it's obviously something the Packers would be interested in. There's some interesting stories out there right now regarding the Patriots and the relationships behind the scenes.

Could you imagine Belichick with Rodgers? :eek: With the defense to go with it? :eek:

Again I say.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors that Ravens Asst GM Eric Decosta may be interviewed....I'll pass. They haven't exactly been killing it in the Draft but I will say the Ravens do sign at least a couple FAs every off-season. But rumors are DeCosta is just going to wait for Ozzie Newsome to retire as he's been turning down interviews for years.

I'm curious on the Doug Whaley idea though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I actually think this is something Belichick would be interested in. And it's obviously something the Packers would be interested in. There's some interesting stories out there right now regarding the Patriots and the relationships behind the scenes.

Could you imagine Belichick with Rodgers? :eek: With the defense to go with it? :eek:

Again I say.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wait.....who's defense? :eek:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean let’s be realistic here all we all care is about is that whoever it is will actually sign some free agents.. right!? Lol I mean obviously build a defense and depth but we just want someone to be able to see on breaking news the Green Bay packers just signed:...

Haha

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mean let’s be realistic here all we all care is about is that whoever it is will actually sign some free agents.. right!? Lol I mean obviously build a defense and depth but we just want someone to be able to see on breaking news the Green Bay packers just signed:...

Haha

No more "HaHa" signings...please! One is enough.

I think draft and roster philosophy will be interesting to watch too. Personally, while I think TT is a decent judge of talent, he is a bit too stubborn on letting go of bad picks or putting those bad picks into the position of having to actually play before they are ready. I would like a new GM that relies a bit less on the Draft and Development philosophy that TT seemed to live by. Which does tie into FA's as well.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez. The way some people are carrying on you would swear that the Packer management has decided to run the franchise into the ground. IMO they want to win just like everyone else does. Do they want to make money? Sure they do so that they can remain competitive with the other teams.

None of us really knows what any of these candidates bring to the table. They will have some good qualities and some not so good qualities. Whoever is chosen will make some good decisions and will make mistakes just like all the other GM's in the league.

Let's see how this all shakes out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Geez. The way some people are carrying on you would swear that the Packer management has decided to run the franchise into the ground. IMO they want to win just like everyone else does. Do they want to make money? Sure they do so that they can remain competitive with the other teams.

None of us really knows what any of these candidates bring to the table. They will have some good qualities and some not so good qualities. Whoever is chosen will make some good decisions and will make mistakes just like all the other GM's in the league.

Let's see how this all shakes out.

While I agree with you, I would point out what makes me nervous. First this group is making a lot of money, that isn't the issue and it may have the top guys all saying "we have a good thing going here, let's not overshake it".

Second, let's say you have a company that has been stagnant or sputtering a bit, no new ideas and is in need of change. If you are a stockholder this might excite you, but then you read that all they did was switch a few titles around, change offices and continued as is.....wouldn't that make you wonder a bit? Yes, there is change happening, but if it's the same corp group of guys, really how much change will there be?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not offer the Patriots 4 first rounders? By the time Belichick sits at his desk in Green Bay for the first time, he will have found a way to turn those 4 into 5.

You don't need 4, that's just silly. Packers can give him stock in the team! Like that ridiculous rumour that Gruden was getting 1% of the team, the Packers can tell him he can have 2%! What other team will top THAT offer?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably will never happen. Probably isn't even under consideration. I think GB should interview Bucky Brooks for the GM position. Switch it up. Keep it fresh. He's worked in the organization before, extremely knowledgeable, and thoroughly connected throughout the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts