1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bob McGin on the Indy game and Ted Thompson thoughts

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Aug 28, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,486
    Packers exhibit firepower - JSOnline

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    I think the D will pick up a ton with Clay back in the lineup. Im not as worried as it seems the media is.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    When Capers dialed up the exotic looks, the D, even without Clay AND Jenkins, brought a lot of heat towards Manning, a guy that usually doesn't get pressured. I was really worried, until I saw that.

We don't have the players to win one-on-ones, we can't play like the Titans did in 08, rushing the same 4 and dropping the rest, but, with a decent scheme, this D can be a force.

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    I hope the players aren't believing all of the hype surrounding the Packers. They should know the preseason means nothing (except staying healthy) after last year.

5. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

6. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah. I am not that worried either. Once the defense settled down in the Colts game, it became very hard for even the Manning led Colts to drive the ball. I think the Packers will be fine on defense. It also helps when the offense has the ability to score 30 points a game.

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    One thing that I also took notice. Matt Flynn, playing with the ones, against the Colts' ones, was excellent. Sure, he clearly lacks the arm strenght. But he already has the command of the huddle and of the offense. You can see his poise.

Not worried about the backup QB. Could go as far to say that, as long as the D holds, we can absolutely stay alive for a 5 game period with Flynn...

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    I mentioned to my friend during the game that I had never seen Manning moving around that much back there trying to avoid the sacks.

I want 7 sacks on Favre at Lambeau.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    I agree, as long as were not in the playoffs we should be okay with him under center.

10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    The other possession ended on downs when Rodgers' feeble sneak on fourth and 1 went nowhere against the Colts.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Rodgers is great at rushing.
    I don't understand why they didn't have him rush the ball.
    Or at least go back as if he's going to pass and then move forward.
    Do you think that play would work?

11. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    On Madden with the auto-run disabled, it works every time, 5 wide set, and run the QB.

On real life, a lot could happen. I like the idea, but it's not as easy...

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    It's not just the media. I'm worried too.
    We had Clay last year down the stretch and Pittsburgh and Arizona still torched us. I don't see any improvement at the other OLB spot, and I see no upgrades at CB.
    People expect Capers to work magic like David Copperfield I think. I was worried last year, and we got killed because of it.

I have to see improvement to buy it, not just smell the coffee.