Blogger Blames Ted Thompson

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texas Hold'em Blogger

MORE ON WILE E. THOMPSON AND THE STATE OF THE PACKERS

Ted Thompson has managed to do something even 20 years of bad football couldn’t do: make me decide I could no longer be a Green Bay Packers fan.

This afternoon, every piece of Packers’ paraphernalia I own — clothes, hats, etc. — found its way into the garbage and will be picked up with the rest of the trash on Friday. I am officially finished with the Packers. Lest you think I was a bandwagon fan who jumped on at the beginning of the Ron Wolf/Mike Holmgren/Brett Favre era. I’ve seen bad football here. Really bad football. My allegiance to the Packers goes back over 35 years.

I don’t remember Vince Lombardi. Or Bart Starr (other than as a mediocre coach and lousy GM). Or Forrest Gregg (other than as a bad coach and a bad GM who turned the Packers into a collection of thugs and cheap-shot artists in addition to being a bad football team). But I do remember the likes of Rich Campbell. And Estus Hood. And David Beverly. And Max Zendejas. And David Whitehurst. And Michael Haddix. And so on. I’d wish the worst on Ted Thompson’s dog, but that’s too Dan Devine-ish. Speaking of Dan Devine, I remember Devine’s Lawrence Welk trade with the Rams for John Hadl. A one, a-two, a-one, two, three. Hadl with five TD passes and 21 INTs as the Packers’ QB.

Now, it’s back to the future. Back to the bad ol’ dark days between the departure of Bart Starr and the arrival of Brett Favre. Of wondering which journeyman QB was going to start for the Packers and just how bad the season was going to be. At least we still had the NBA in town to follow when the Packers’ season went south, which was usually right around Columbus Day.

This was all about Ted Thompson’s ego. Pure and simply. This was his team, doggone it, and as long as Brett Lorenzo Favre was in green and gold,.ol’ Teddy was never going to get the credit, never be the face of the Green Bay Packers. Favre’s presence overshadowed Thompson’s ego and ambition. Ted Thompson is an egotistical, royal *****, and now he can live with the consequences, especially if (when) Favre shows up in another uniform this fall. Most likely the Dolphins, but don’t be shocked if Favre puts on the purple and gold of the Vikings. Imagine Favre throwing and Adrian Peterson running.

Now Green Bay owns the rights to Favre through 2010, but don’t be surprised if, as one last finger in the eye of both Favre and Packer fans, Thompson surrenders his rights for a second-day draft pick (4th through 7th), in effect saying that’s all a future first ballot Hall of Famer is worth. Just so long as his two-bit, pretty boy California candy-*** is on the field, and he picks up a journeyman or worse yet keeps the utterly worthless Craig Nall around as insurance. One report has the Packers trading a first day draft choice to Houston for Sage Rosenfels. Sage??? Who the heck names their kid Sage? Sounds like he should be on The Food Network.

You can’t win a championship without a top flight quarterback. And Ted Thompson just ran one of those out of town on a rail to feed his oversized ego.

I still like football. My allegiance will change, though. Possibly Dallas because of the Wisconsin connection of Tony Romo, or maybe Pittsburgh, since I always admired the class of the Steelers’ organization back to the days of the Steel Curtain. Or wherever Brett Favre winds up.

But as long as Ted Thompson is the Packers’ GM, my days as a Packer fan are finished.

So this guy basically blames TT for Favre retiring and will no longer follow the Pack. Doesn't sound like he was a real fan in the first place. I don't understand the hatred toward TT that this guy has.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well yeah I mean the guy is a blogger so of course it is all opinion and no fact; just a rambling rant to my eyes.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God, I miss the good ol' days of the last few offseasons... wait, no I don't.

What a tool. Yep, I'm sure Brett's 17 straight years as a starting qb had nothing to do with it. Just the malicious TT running him outta town by drafting good players to put around him and building a stellar defense on the other side. What an ******, that Thompson. :roll:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jontybuntu said:
I still like football. My allegiance will change, though. Possibly Dallas...

DALLAS? That tells me all I need to know about the guy.

When does the next bandwagon leave?

There's one at 3:10 to Yuma.

This guy was a Favre fan... NOT a Packers fan. Packers fans are true blue. Favre or no favre.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, cheering for a Jerry Jones team is very appealing.

This guy is a whiny *******. Substitute "blogger" for "windbag".

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes just another frontrunner holding on to the most popular thing of the day. like a lot of posters that have been banned on this site.

go grab tony romo before he retires toolbag.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were Brett Favre fans and Packer fans. Now it's only Packer fans.

Brett has been great and I'd welcome him back for 5 more years easily. TT made it clear that Favre is capable of still playing at a high level and he is still wanted as the starting QB in GB. He made that clear for 3 years as GM.

Brett's a grown man and he made a grown man decision. Maybe someday this man will grow up and learn to accept that change happens. Favre has been talking about retiring since winning a Super Bowl and this year he decided to do it. Give the man the respect he deserves and accept the decision that he made on his own with his family.

Move foward and appreciate the time we had in watching the greatest QB ever lead our team.

GO PACK GO!!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did he happen to watch Favre's press conference?

This guy was obviously a bandwagon fan to being with.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
There were Brett Favre fans and Packer fans. Now it's only Packer fans.

Brett has been great and I'd welcome him back for 5 more years easily. TT made it clear that Favre is capable of still playing at a high level and he is still wanted as the starting QB in GB. He made that clear for 3 years as GM.

Brett's a grown man and he made a grown man decision. Maybe someday this man will grow up and learn to accept that change happens. Favre has been talking about retiring since winning a Super Bowl and this year he decided to do it. Give the man the respect he deserves and accept the decision that he made on his own with his family.

Move foward and appreciate the time we had in watching the greatest QB ever lead our team.

GO PACK GO!!!

Excellent response. I should have said that.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder.... since he too lives in Kenosha and so do I, which means we live so close together.

Should we get together and fight?

Or should I just get him to give me his memorbilia?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still like football. My allegiance will change, though. Possibly Dallas...

DALLAS? That tells me all I need to know about the guy.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

The guy deserves to be a Cows fan.

Brett Favre was my favorite player ever. If he comes back to play for another team, that team will be my 2nd favorite team. But I'll always be a Packers fan first.

I wish the best for Brett Favre and really hopes in the next week or so he changes his mind and decides to come back for one more year, announcing clearly it's his last year. But the likelihood of that is probably equivalent to winning the lottery.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder.... since he too lives in Kenosha and so do I, which means we live so close together.

Should we get together and fight?

Or should I just get him to give me his memorbilia?

If you see him, kick him in the ding ding.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't go as far as the blogger but on a personal note, I'm not convinced that TT really put the effort over the last few years to really let Brett know that he was badly wanted. I could be wrong, with my willingness to admit such, please don't jump my ***.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
c_mac said:
I won't go as far as the blogger but on a personal note, I'm not convinced that TT really put the effort over the last few years to really let Brett know that he was badly wanted. I could be wrong, with my willingness to admit such, please don't jump my ***.

I think you are right..

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to rip bloggers. I have one, and it is riddled with positive Packer pieces. That guy however, was a ****weed.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this guy basically blames TT for Favre retiring and will no longer follow the Pack. Doesn't sound like he was a real fan in the first place.

I told you these people were out there. I told you Favre-Firsters existed, and I named many of them, and once again, there's nothing wrong with being just a Favre fan, he had an awesome career, but don't pretend to be a Packers fan when you're obviously not. You know who you are.

I'm glad the rats are leaving.

The Great Cleansing has begun.

Members online

Latest posts