Bishop signs with the Vikings

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

There's always that chance of course. Some said Cullen Jenkins and Nick Barnett were injury prone when they were let go. We'll see how this all works out.
I honestly think Ted knew what he was doing releasing him. I wish him all the best for the future though :tup:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I love this. Did Bishop say he was going to visit the Vikings? Nope. Did his agent say it? Nope. But since a bunch of talking heads said it, it must be true. I'll laugh like hell if he never visits the Vikings. (Although I think he will.)

Edit: Well I guess Bishop did say he would visit the Vikings.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy this just must be a case where TT/MM know something no one else does about his health. I pray this isn't purely based on salary.This is going to hurt if he comes in and has a good season with the Vikings or Bears, because man we need an ILBer that isn't a ****. This is tough...keeping Hawk over Bishop is tough to swallow...have to trust those guys are sure of what they're doing.

On another note...we now have no depth at either Inside or Outside Linebacker. Unless I'm missing something...maybe we're assuming that after leading the league in injuries two of the last three years we're due for an injury-free season? Just doesn't make sense to me with this team being as injury prone as it is but..."In Ted We Trust" ...I guess.

Sorry if I seem pessemistic...just my initial reaction is...well...negative.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mlb is now our weakest position great. I hope Bishop makes the darn pro bowl. Giviing up on some solid playes smh

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this. Did Bishop say he was going to visit the Vikings? Nope. Did his agent say it? Nope. But since a bunch of talking heads said it, it must be true. I'll laugh like hell if he never visits the Vikings. (Although I think he will.)
Bishop admitted it himself!!!

EVERYONE KNOWS the Vikings will scoop up any possible Packer player they can, here's yet another example. You can stop denying it now.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Bishop admitted it himself!!!

EVERYONE KNOWS the Vikings will scoop up any possible Packer player they can, here's yet another example. You can stop denying it now.
Nice job of taking out my edit were I stated that Bishop did say he was going to visit the Vikings. Which by the way, I edited and posted within two minutes of the original post. Almost two hours before your post.

Any team will take good players that other teams cut. Hell, half of Seattle's team came from the Vikings.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice job of taking out my edit were I stated that Bishop did say he was going to visit the Vikings. Which by the way, I edited and posted within two minutes of the original post. Almost two hours before your post.

Any team will take good players that other teams cut. Hell, half of Seattle's team came from the Vikings.
Heath Farwell and Sidney Rice? Who else?
You stole Steve Hutchinson from them, also took Nate Burleson.

Count the Packers scooped up by the Vikings.......

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Rice, Harvin, Farwell, Winfield, T. Jackson and O Coordinator D. Bevell, who MN took from Green Bay. Well maybe not half the team.

Burleson was drafted by the Vikings, signed with Seattle in a poison pill deal to get back at the Vikings for the poison pill deal on Hutchinson. He left Seattle and is now in Detroit.

BTW, Seattle currently has more ex-Packers on their team then MN. Breno Giacomini, Will Blackmon, and Brett Swain. Vikings currently have, Jennings.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess if we were going to head down this road, I wish we would've kept DJ Smith and his modest salary around. ILB depth is a little concerning.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rice, Harvin, Farwell, Winfield, T. Jackson and O Coordinator D. Bevell, who MN took from Green Bay. Well maybe not half the team.

Burleson was drafted by the Vikings, signed with Seattle in a poison pill deal to get back at the Vikings for the poison pill deal on Hutchinson. He left Seattle and is now in Detroit.

BTW, Seattle currently has more ex-Packers on their team then MN. Breno Giacomini, Will Blackmon, and Brett Swain. Vikings currently have, Jennings.

Your use of the word "currently" is both clever and lawyerly. That's supposed to make me forget that the Vikings franchise is relegated to picking through the Packers trash year after year to attempt to compete with them? No.

I don't blame them for tryin to improve their roster BTW, I just think it's pathetic.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll preface this with I'm not a doctor, so I don't know what is what. However, this is how I saw the injury described over at CheeseheadTV by someone claiming to be a former strength and conditioning coach this way:

He tore the muscle from the bone. There’s no way to duplicate the organic connection of tendon to bone. Its severely compromised. If he continues to play its more a matter of when not if. This is an injury that invariably ends careers. Hence the reason they’re releasing him.

Again, I'm not qualified to speak about he injury in any formal capacity, but this seems plausible. This team has a track record of patience with injuries, unless it feels like they're more severe and possibly career ending. Considering Bishop wasn't able to participate in OTA's due to injuries with the hamstring, it's possible the team feels this injury was bad enough to where they have to let him go, and possibly take a flyer on him sometime mid-season, should they need it and he be available.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Your use of the word "currently" is both clever and lawyerly. That's supposed to make me forget that the Vikings franchise is relegated to picking through the Packers trash year after year to attempt to compete with them? No.

I don't blame them for tryin to improve their roster BTW, I just think it's pathetic.
Trash? Longwell. Yup he sucked after the Vikings picked him up. How many kickers did the Packers go through because they didn't want to pay him? What I find funny is that Packer fans think that certain other teams should not look at and sign players the Packers no longer want. Just about every Packer player the Vikings have signed has done well for the Vikings. Sharper, yup he was trash as well. And Bryce Paup, well he went to the Bills first. Oh, wait, Packers didn't want to pay him. Defensive player of the year in his first year with the Bills. Bucky Scribner. Packers didn't want to pay him either. Gilbert Brown. Oh wait, that one went the other way.

It's a business. Plain and simple. You try to get the best players for your team. And if one suits your needs you sign him. It matters not what team they came from. Except the Packers. After all, every player on the Packers was drafted by them, right?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT and co. are giving up to early on Bishop. My only hope is that when teams start cutting guy's before the season that we can find some quality or a diamond in the rough at MLB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As SpartaChris noted, it's being widely reported that Bishop's hamstring prevented him from OTA's and minicamp. I guarantee that half of you monkeys would be accusing TT of throwing money away on another injured player had Bishop started the season on the PUP list or reinjured the hamstring.

I'm fully behind this move. Our forums have been filled with "fans" accusing the team of having a terrible medical staff. Here the organization makes a move to rid itself of a big injury risk and we crucify them anyway.

While I agree that we lack both depth and elite players at ILB, I don't think that keeping Bishop was the answer. I'd rather see Green Bay have the roster space to acquire a veteran ILB or find a young buck (like Bishop once was) without a significant injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts