Best thing MM could do for Favre

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know these last three games have been some of the hardest to swallow. I knew that the Patriots game was an *** whipping in the waiting but these last two are just mind boggling.

I do however have an idea that would help Favre out ALOT.

1. Get back to the muddle huddle.
2. No More zone Defense PLEASE Just go Man and live with it.
3. Sit Driver for an entire week and 1 half of a game. (Favre's dependence on driver is most of his problem. He forgot how to throw to anyone else.)

Seriously. I am tired of Favre looking past other recievers just to throw to a double or triple covered Driver. I love Driver but he is Favres cruch take it away and I think Favre would be better for it

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that thing they do not quite no huddle. Not Quite huddle. Were they read of the armband and go. When the O does that seems to move the ball keeps the offense unpredictable.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitting Driver for a game for no reason is dumb. You sit players for discipline reasons and injuries, not because they're so good they get thrown to too often.

I don't know what muddle huddle is either

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Year sitting Driver would hurt the team. Let's not hurt the team for the price of helping Favre.

I think MM needs to get Favre to spread the ball around. Maybe let Favre work with some of the younder receivers in practice instead of Driver and Jennings all the time.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tausch and Martin back would probably help Favre more than anything else.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know these last three games have been some of the hardest to swallow. I knew that the Patriots game was an *** whipping in the waiting but these last two are just mind boggling.

I do however have an idea that would help Favre out ALOT.

1. Get back to the muddle huddle.
2. No More zone Defense PLEASE Just go Man and live with it.
3. Sit Driver for an entire week and 1 half of a game. (Favre's dependence on driver is most of his problem. He forgot how to throw to anyone else.)

Seriously. I am tired of Favre looking past other recievers just to throw to a double or triple covered Driver. I love Driver but he is Favres cruch take it away and I think Favre would be better for it

Why on earth would you sit DD out, he is the only one Brett trusts to recieve the ball, he is our best reciever, and he knows the timing and has been with Favre for a very long time so they know each other well. He throws mostly to DD because he mostly can count on him to make plays over anyone else we have..

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point taken JB. Brett is looking to Driver too often. He needs to get back to checking off Driver and throwing to the other guys.

He tries to get it in there between two guys way to much. It's snowballing the "roll coverage" to Driver because teams know he will force it.

We are missing Tausher, Robinson, and Martin badly on offense right now but Brett is making it harder by not going to these other guys more.

He has to take more of what the other team gives him and it's not like they don't ever get open because they do at times.

Bottom line is we can't expect to win trying to get it to Driver 15 times a game when he's being doubled all the time and we certainly won't know if the other guys can play if he doesn't go there more than one or two times a game.

Why are we not getting it to Jennings and letting him make plays? Too me that is like staying with the run. Sooner or later he will break one.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it possible that he is throwing to Driver becasue he needs to make a play and the other guys are not open?

If I had to throw it up and count on a guy that will sacrifice his body to get it, it would be DD.

Give Favre a break. Do you really think that he is so dumb as to not throw to an open guy? Do you think that in all the insanity that goes on during a pass play the he has time to think....No, that is Ruvell and I don't want to throw to him even thow he is open....lets go to Driver with the 3 guys on him.

If you feel he is going to Driver too often then show me some stats. Favre has always been great at spreading it around.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think that Martin would make a difference. When Driver was double teamed inthe past Favre has been able to go to Martin. But now who does he really trust? I wouldnt throw to Bubba if he was the last guy on the field.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we shouldnt also discount the fact that given the youth in the team and particularly on the O line, not all plays are going according to script. I wouldnt be surprised if Favre's is constantly having to make last minute adjustments based on what he sees prior to the snap. I remember during the seahawks game, the announcers on a couple of occasions referring to a particular play and saying that the only two players who knew what Favre was going to do on that play was Favre and Driver.

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets give him some drugs to keep him calm....
so when we are down he wont throw a wild one he will be calm....

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it possible that he is throwing to Driver becasue he needs to make a play and the other guys are not open?

If I had to throw it up and count on a guy that will sacrifice his body to get it, it would be DD.

Give Favre a break. Do you really think that he is so dumb as to not throw to an open guy? Do you think that in all the insanity that goes on during a pass play the he has time to think....No, that is Ruvell and I don't want to throw to him even thow he is open....lets go to Driver with the 3 guys on him.

If you feel he is going to Driver too often then show me some stats. Favre has always been great at spreading it around.

The point was he (Favre) is not dumb but he tends as of the last two years to bear down on driver. A team only has 11 guys on the field to defend against anything. so therefore if an annoucer or by watching a game if you see driver double or triple covered. SOMEONE HAS TO BE OPEN. I feel thyat Favre locks in on him. ie to dependant. Mabye giving driver a few days off from practice would force Brett to look at other options. Brett has recently become a head case after interceptions and is hyperfocused on one guy.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:

Hmmm drugs yes well after all 2 of his MVP's were when he was on his vicodin right. DUH

You know sometimes I dont get it I Have never ripped anyone for making an articulate argument. I was as articulate as I knew to be when I wrote this. Please dont disrespect people or their assesment because you had an emotional reaction to something.

Hell I didnt even bring out Favres play as of late in terms of accuracy. Do I think there are more problems than the three i state U BET. But it was an assesment on what I think would help Favre. And for those who have not heard the term muddle huddle you must not have to listen to radio like I do. Used alot.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point taken JB. Brett is looking to Driver too often. He needs to get back to checking off Driver and throwing to the other guys.

He tries to get it in there between two guys way to much. It's snowballing the "roll coverage" to Driver because teams know he will force it.

We are missing Tausher, Robinson, and Martin badly on offense right now but Brett is making it harder by not going to these other guys more.

He has to take more of what the other team gives him and it's not like they don't ever get open because they do at times.

Bottom line is we can't expect to win trying to get it to Driver 15 times a game when he's being doubled all the time and we certainly won't know if the other guys can play if he doesn't go there more than one or two times a game.

Why are we not getting it to Jennings and letting him make plays? Too me that is like staying with the run. Sooner or later he will break one.

Would you trust these other guys to recieve the ball when they dont catch them or they are not where they are suppose to be? Driver at least gives Favre the best chance. I surely wouldnt, and again I am not saying this for all of Bretts throws, he has been off at times, but the way you guys sound hes off and inaccurate most of the time...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sbp_387 said:

Now this statement was really stupid!! Brett went on drugs for pain and got addicted, then he was man enough to get help. I give him so much credit for that...but stop talking like this sbp its not funny...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Great post Trippster!!!!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Year sitting Driver would hurt the team. Let's not hurt the team for the price of helping Favre.

I think MM needs to get Favre to spread the ball around. Maybe let Favre work with some of the younder receivers in practice instead of Driver and Jennings all the time.

Maybe they need to get some better recievers so Favre dont always have to go to DD...

You can see on the field DD's and Favre are most always on the same page...why would any of you want to take DD out of the game when hes the one that catches the most balls and makes the most plays?? I had to laugh when I read that one..

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does Steve Smith do it? He's on a team where he's pretty much the sole receiving threat and yet he manages to get open and make receptions.

Members online

Latest posts