Bench players?

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Seeing as how we have few high caliber starters on this team. Should we bench the ones we have to make sure no injuries occur?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that was the point - if there are going to be injuries, let it be to the backups, not the starters.

Reaction score
Wow. I realize that we could improve our draft placing... but this getting out of hand.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry and Matthews are questionable so why not at that position. If the coaches go through with this do it only vs the Lions and let's ruin playoff position for the pieces of filth from Minnesota.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well after Jordy’s pre-season injury, anything can happen and the Packers seem to be prone to big player injuries.

Jordy Nelson was far from the first big name player to suffer a major injury, and we already knew anything can happen. There is still no reason to rule out a player who has cleared the concussion protocol. If Devante Adams is healthy in Week 17, let him play.

Reaction score
How much better would our draft position be if we lose out? There will be other 7-9 and 8-8 teams, so it might not be as good as you think.
First of all I want to make clear my opinion isn't to try and lose out, I think that will be an unfortunate outcome though.
Lets look at the board. There are 8 teams that should lock up the top spots.
of the others I have the Bengals, Broncos, Dolphins and Jets finishing 6-10 or worse. Then I have the Raiders at 7-9. Looking at the Chargers and Redskins schedules I believe its very possible both will get to 8 Wins or better and the rest of the competition in the league? everyone else should finish with 9 wins or better. It's a reasonable deduction to say our draft order will get better before it gets worse. We should be picking between 13th and 16th with a small degree of error. My best guess right now would be 14th.
The only way we change that significantly is if we win out or all 5 of the the 8-6 teams that are in the playoff hunt lose both of their final games (unlikely)

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We're as high as 10 point underdogs. This is an "L". I think a lot of the younger fans aren't used to not playing "meaningful" games this time of year.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I prefer the term "evaluating young players" over "benching players." Sometimes I wish the NFL was more like the MLB in how they conduct games that don't matter for playoffs. I feel like there is a trend in the NFL towards that model though.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer the term "evaluating young players" over "benching players." Sometimes I wish the NFL was more like the MLB in how they conduct games that don't matter for playoffs. I feel like there is a trend in the NFL towards that model though.

That is exactly it. The word "benching" always means players are demoted for performance reasons. But we usually hear about coaches "resting" starters to keep them healthy for the playoffs because, well, Green Bay usually is in the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts