Bears Trade Mike Green

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Green has been traded to Seahawks for a 6th round pick.

My original post was all messed up. I got Mike Green and Mike Brown mixed up. I didn't think I was color blind. Forgive this public display of stupidity prior to having my coffee.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Mike Green, the man who once won two consecutive OT games with interceptions, has been traded to Seahawks for a 6th round pick.

The Packers face him only once this year in Seattle.

This is good news as a Packer fan. The bad news is that the Bears must have someone better in order to let him go.

One of those overtime interceptions came after the ball bounced of Terrell Owens hands prompting Owens to accuse head coach Steve Mariucci of throwing an NFL game "to his buddy **** Juron." That led to some meetings, incidents and Mariucci suspending Owens. The 49'ers eventually traded Owens to Baltimore. Were it not for Mike Brown TO might not be TO.

I believe it was Mike Brown who had those two interceptions. It can be confusing though - all those names with colors - Brown, Green, White...

Green is a good player for most of the time. It was those few deep coverage plays he got burned that ultimately gave him a less-than-average rep. His replacement, Chris Harris, a rookie last year, did a great job and Green was never really thought of again except for some outstanding special teams' plays. He'll do great in Seattle.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike green sucks. all my bears friends hate that guy. the rookie who came in when he got hurt(i believe) was better.

he sucks compared to the rest of the studs on that team anyway.

brown is a menace!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts