Attention Brian G, Fix This Offensive Line Please

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we can't rely on Bulaga for anything. His body won't allow it and the Packers would be dumb to think otherwise.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And so is Khalil Mack and Lindvall Joseph and Ziggy. So let's draft an elite OL so we got really good players protecting our $30+ million QB.

I live by the philosophy of you can't ever have too many playmakers on offense.

As a pass blocking unit the Packers have been one of the best in the league

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute needs to address 2 glaring problem areas early in draft: OLB (Ferrell, Allen or Jackson); the RT (Little, Adams, Risner or Edwards). Wouldn't mind seeing day 2-3 picks of S, OG, ILB, another OLB and various CB, WR, RB flyers.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a pass blocking unit the Packers have been one of the best in the league

On the edges, sure. Linsley has been good.

Taylor and Bell/McCray have been awful. Well, Bell has been awful. Taylor just below average. The interior protection sans Linsley is killing us.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like a different center and see if Linsley can move to guard. His shotgun snaps float back to the QB. Watch several snaps and you'll see them on an arc with many times Rodgers reaching to his knees to grab them. Tretter snapped them back in a line with the ball getting to the QB in about half the time. I see this as a slight delay in Rodgers being able to start the play. One thing I have never liked about Linsley.
I was actually hoping one of the young guys would have developed by now and put Bell on the bench. I didn't want him coming out of camp. In the name your 53 man roster threads during preseason I always left him off the roster. McCray disappointed in his 2nd season. Is Barclay still available?:coffee:

D

Deleted member 6794

Bottom line is we don't need any more of defense drafting nonsense.

Unfortunately the Packers still need to add talent on defense with edge rusher and free safety in need of an upgrade.

The top Lineman we picked in the last 10 years was Brian Bulaga. While he has largely been injured, he is one of the better OT on the field overall. Bulaga was 23rd overall and realistically you’re premier talent selection are generally gone towards the end of the 1sr round IMO so he was on the fringe. That’s not saying there’s not exceptions but by and large a mid first rounder is far more likely to be a long term solution than say.. a mid 2nd rounder (Spriggs)

Bak was a mid rounder but if you remember took several years to blossom.

You don’t get the best OT in the league by picking 1 OT in 8 years inside the top #100 overall (Spriggs was an afterthought and a 2nd rounder I might add).

Bakhtiari is by far the best offensive lineman the Packers have drafted over the past 10 years. While it took him some seasons to develop into the best tackle in the league he already played admirably during his rookie season as he had to start on the left side immediately after Bulaga was lost for the season.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is NO reason to bring Bulaga back. You’ll be paying the guy to miss 4-5 games per season. No thanks . Go younger, cheaper, and more athletic at RT please.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to flip-flop all the way to the combine, but the first 3 picks I would love if they went OLB-S-OL-OL. But if a premium OL slides, I could easily live with going OLB-OL-OL-S. Thompson is the darling of a completely shallow Safety class, so if he's already gone, we'll be digging for gold in the later rounds(Abrams, Gardner-Johnson, Johnson).

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has thrown more passes (164) in less than 2.5 seconds than on which it took him longer than that (161). Interestingly his passer rating is higher on plays that take longer to develop (101.5 compared to 97.7).

This I dont doubt, but sacks do not affect passer rating do they?

D

Deleted member 6794

Get them in the late rounds and go heavy offense with OL WR and RB early.

I expect Gutekunst to use free agency to address positions of need as well. If the Packers end up not signing an edge rusher and/or a safety they will have to draft prospects early there.

This I dont doubt, but sacks do not affect passer rating do they?

No, they don't. It's obvious that more sacks happen once the quarterback holds on to the ball for more than 2.5 seconds though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Gutekunst is going to have a ton to work with next offseason, between the extra picks he's acquired, along with the potential cap space the Packers will have. I don't see Matthews or Cobb coming back unless they agree to take a significant pay cut. If Gutekunst was okay with letting Jordy walk, he won't bat an eye lash at Matthews and/or Cobb.

2019 offseason has the potential to pay huge dividends.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Gutekunst is going to have a ton to work with next offseason, between the extra picks he's acquired, along with the potential cap space the Packers will have. I don't see Matthews or Cobb coming back unless they agree to take a significant pay cut. If Gutekunst was okay with letting Jordy walk, he won't bat an eye lash at Matthews and/or Cobb.

2019 offseason has the potential to pay huge dividends.
I heard recently we have accumulated a total of 10 draft picks for the 19 draft. Can’t figure out where the last one came from. Know we have Saints -1 and Redskins -4.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Montgomery
The 7th round pick we got in the Montgomery deal is for 2020
I heard recently we have accumulated a total of 10 draft picks for the 19 draft. Can’t figure out where the last one came from. Know we have Saints -1 and Redskins -4.
The Packers currently have all 7 of their 2019 draft picks and 3 additional ones.

- Saints 2019 1st rounder (draft day trade)
- Redskins 2019 4th rounder (Clinton-Dix trade)
- Seahawks 2019 6th rounder (Hundley trade)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The 7th round pick we got in the Montgomery deal is for 2020

The Packers currently have all 7 of their 2019 draft picks and 3 additional ones.

- Saints 2019 1st rounder (draft day trade)
- Redskins 2019 4th rounder (Clinton-Dix trade)
- Seahawks 2019 6th rounder (Hundley trade)
That’s it. Forgot about the Hundley trade.
It’ll make for a fun to watch 3 day draft. Lots of ammo in the belt.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather bundle that 7th in 2020 for Monty and our 2019 7th to get back into the 6th Round if possible.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OL is garbage out there. Pressure up the middle in Rodgers face and Jones getting stuffed. Bakh also getting schooled by Chandler Jones.

**** of here with those fake stats with PFF defending our OL. That is a garbage fake news site loaded with fake stats that are all bs.

Fix this OL, draft Paris Campbell, and if any more early draft picks are made on defense, fire the entire front office. Fire everyone in there.

Latest posts