Are we the best team in the NFL right now?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I remember this and actually never had a problem with it. What is he gonna say? Not much you can do but laugh it off and say "Okay" which is what he did.

I understand that speaking to the media is an obligation for the players but I can understand the frustration sometimes. I wonder what goes through the head of the player of the game interviewed on the field postgame. "Okay...offensive line did a great job. Guys stepped up and made plays. Defense kept us in the game. Go."'

H

HardRightEdge

Without a doubt and I think the Seahawks have lost a little of their mystique. At least through the earlier part of the season, they may be gaining it back though but even so teams can see they can be beat.

It's not unlike the Packers Lambeau field mystique of a few years back. They had it and they lost it and now its coming back but it won't be the same.
I don't see it as "mystique".

They have a stout defense, the best game-manager QB playing right now who also happens to be difficult to contain, and a money running back. At home, the crowd makes it difficult to hear the snap count and audibles. They can hang around and wait for mistakes to materialize.

There's no magic...just a very good football team without many weaknesses that is very tough at home.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember this and actually never had a problem with it. What is he gonna say? Not much you can do but laugh it off and say "Okay" which is what he did.

I understand that speaking to the media is an obligation for the players but I can understand the frustration sometimes. I wonder what goes through the head of the player of the game interviewed on the field postgame. "Okay...offensive line did a great job. Guys stepped up and made plays. Defense kept us in the game. Go."'
In my eyes it came off as very arrogant which I think was part of that teams down fall when your leader is laughing about the other teams strength.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I would go off as saying we are the best team in the league "YET". Best team in the league is the one who gets it done in the Superbowl and wins it. But I do think we have one of the most complete teams in the Rodgers era. Unlike some of our teams from the past, we've evolved from a team that was highly pass-happy, to one that's been a lot more Lacy-centric., or more balanced if nothing else. Defense too has been a lot healthier, while still having injuries (Shields being out is gonna be tough) but maybe isn't as catastrophically bruised as they were last year and such. Obviously injuries on D do play a huge role. But again I think we are a complete team.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is rarely a best team even in February. The case can be made for several teams. Do you honestly think the Giants were the best team when they beat the Patriots in the SB. I sure don't. I just want to be the team that wins. It doesn't matter if we are the best as long as we win and if we win enough and people think we are the best so be it.

Depends on which Giants team you mean.

2007 - While the Giants did need that helmet catch to win that Superbowl, most of their regular season wins were very legit games with a very good defense that did a great job throughout and they had a solid running game that was gonna be a factor in cold weather games and late in the season, and it certainly was, so as much as I hate the Giants for ruining Favre's last shot as a Packer to win the big one, there's no denying that Giants team was the best when they did beat NE.

2011: This Giants team was not legit though, I would have to say yes these guys were the worst ever team to win a Superbowl, way worse than the 2005 Steelers and their ref bowl game. That team needed Jason Garrett to ice his own kicker for one to even be in the playoffs, if I recall right. 2nd, their win against us in the playoffs was not because they were better than us. Sure they executed and we didn't, but you gotta look at the dropped ball factor which when a team has like 50 of them, that's not because the other team's defense is so good, it's because the team dropping them is just playing flat, plain and simple. That was the difference between our 2010 and 2011 team, the 2011 team overall had more talent and was better stocked, but the playing with a chip on the shoulder factor and wanting to win games that the 2010 team had was not there, which is why the Giants won that game. And that 49er team they beat the next week just plain old beat themselves, 1 guy on that team handed that game away on a silver platter. Pats had some problems in that Superbowl including an injured Gronk, who if he was healthy, I think they win.

So yeah it is true, in some cases the best teams in football do not win the biggest games, but teams that fluke their way to the Superbowl like that 2011 Giants team are pretty rare.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2007 - While the Giants did need that helmet catch to win that Superbowl, most of their regular season wins were very legit games with a very good defense that did a great job throughout and they had a solid running game that was gonna be a factor in cold weather games and late in the season, and it certainly was, so as much as I hate the Giants for ruining Favre's last shot as a Packer to win the big one, there's no denying that Giants team was the best when they did beat NE.

2011: This Giants team was not legit though, I would have to say yes these guys were the worst ever team to win a Superbowl, way worse than the 2005 Steelers and their ref bowl game. That team needed Jason Garrett to ice his own kicker for one to even be in the playoffs, if I recall right. 2nd, their win against us in the playoffs was not because they were better than us. Sure they executed and we didn't, but you gotta look at the dropped ball factor which when a team has like 50 of them, that's not because the other team's defense is so good, it's because the team dropping them is just playing flat, plain and simple. That was the difference between our 2010 and 2011 team, the 2011 team overall had more talent and was better stocked, but the playing with a chip on the shoulder factor and wanting to win games that the 2010 team had was not there, which is why the Giants won that game. And that 49er team they beat the next week just plain old beat themselves, 1 guy on that team handed that game away on a silver platter. Pats had some problems in that Superbowl including an injured Gronk, who if he was healthy, I think they win.

So yeah it is true, in some cases the best teams in football do not win the biggest games, but teams that fluke their way to the Superbowl like that 2011 Giants team are pretty rare.

Well......I mean they did Win the SuperBowl and beat ATL GB and SF on the way there...before beating NE and Brady.

I would say that's pretty damn good how ever you try to spin it or try to excuse it away.

They started 6-2 lost 4 in a row for what ever reasons injuries, etc then went 7-1 the rest of the way , they played best when it mattered and won it.

Last edited:

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Green Bay Packers that lost to the Hawks in week one is a very different team than it is now.

I'd love another shot at those motor-mouths.

Were going to whup those fools if they can make it to Lambeau.

First off, no, the 2011 Niners did not beat themselves, they were beat by the NY Giants. While from a talent perspective they weren't the best team in the league, the Giants have a habit of getting hot right at the time they need to, that is just their game, if they could put that together for a whole season they would be a juggernaut.

Second, you really think the 2011 Packers were more talented then the 2010 Packers? Really disagree with you there bud. The 2011 Packers were a great QB and WR corps willing their team to victory while dragging along a terrible D, it took along time for other teams to figure out how to beat them, but once they realized to rush four and cover is when problems arose for the Pack.

I think the 2010 Pack would beat the snot out of the 2011 Pack if they were both playing at the top of their game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Were going to whup those fools if they can make it to Lambeau.

I think there were a lot of Badgers' fans and media types saying this about Ohio State last night... "We're going to whup those fools if they're playing a 3rd string QB." Yeah... well... they would have if they showed up and guess what, the OSU defense had a TON to say about the outcome. Seahawks are the Champs...and are 8-4. My money says they finish 12-4 -- with a known commodity in their defense.

Soooo.... just my opinion. There won't be a whole lot of "fool whuppin'" goin' on. I just want to see the Pack dominate the L.O.S. over the last four games...offensively and defensively before I feel comfortable enough to talk-the-talk.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I think there were a lot of Badgers' fans and media types saying this about Ohio State last night... "We're going to whup those fools if they're playing a 3rd string QB." Yeah... well... they would have if they showed up and guess what, the OSU defense had a TON to say about the outcome. Seahawks are the Champs...and are 8-4. My money says they finish 12-4 -- with a known commodity in their defense.

Soooo.... just my opinion. There won't be a whole lot of "fool whuppin'" goin' on. I just want to see the Pack dominate the L.O.S. over the last four games...offensively and defensively before I feel comfortable enough to talk-the-talk.

As we move into the final quarter of the season, Seattle is on my mind more than any other team. And yes, I have the luxury of looking past the Dirty Birds. The Packers don't :D

Seattle right now is qualified for the #6 seed in the NFC with their 8/4 record.

This week they are in Philly (9-3). *
Week 15 they host S.F. (7-5)
Week 16 they go to AZ (9-3)*
They finish the regular season at home with St. Louis. (5-7)

I have a star next to the games I think they stand the best chance of losing.

They are getting their swag back so who knows? But that is where it stands right now. :D

I just noticed that IF the playoffs were this weekend, Seattle would be playing Philly in Philly on Wildcard Weekend which is exactly where they are today. In Philadelphia.

Last edited:

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While I understand your skepticism, as Seattle is a talented club, and the Champs, it isn't apple to apples, with the Badgers comparison. I never thought for a second the Badgers would beat Ohio State, in fact, in turned out pretty much how I anticipated. The Badgers dont have Aaron Rodgers though, and A-Rod in Lambeau can beat any team in the league. Jmo

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was in fact thinking of the 2007 season when the Patriots had gone undefeated. Truthfully I didn't even realize they played each other again in 2011. My how time flies. I knew the Giants had won but I didn't recall who they played. The giants got hot in 2007 just like the Packers did in 2010. I don't think either team was the best when they won the SB those years, they were just the winners of the game. Which, like I said, is far more important than some subjective label put on the team by the media and/or the fans. I'd rather be the winning team than the best team.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I was in fact thinking of the 2007 season when the Patriots had gone undefeated. Truthfully I didn't even realize they played each other again in 2011. My how time flies. I knew the Giants had won but I didn't recall who they played. The giants got hot in 2007 just like the Packers did in 2010. I don't think either team was the best when they won the SB those years, they were just the winners of the game. Which, like I said, is far more important than some subjective label put on the team by the media and/or the fans. I'd rather be the winning team than the best team.
Would that happen to be the year in the NFCCG where Al Harris got torched by Plaxico Burress for 154 yards?

I remember Burress, after burning Harris for the 3rd time, ran past the Packer's bench yelling, "He can't cover me."

Man that was hard to watch.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To put my two cents in. I don't think we are the best team. I do however think we most certainly can be. We have the tools, our guys have the skill. I just want to see a little bit of consistency and executions in some of the skill positions (Cobb,Nelson excluded) and defense. Winning at home isn't really enough to gauge that. But once we have that, then yes, we can be the best team in the NFL and most certainly make a good Playoff run.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
While I understand your skepticism, as Seattle is a talented club, and the Champs, it isn't apple to apples, with the Badgers comparison. I never thought for a second the Badgers would beat Ohio State, in fact, in turned out pretty much how I anticipated. The Badgers dont have Aaron Rodgers though, and A-Rod in Lambeau can beat any team in the league. Jmo

It is apples to apples...with ANY game...and moreso if you're talking about organizations that are used to winning and are used to winning when they are under the gun. You are right, they ddon't have Aaron...on the flip side of that coin, we don't have that defense...and they flat out ***** slapped us...as have the 9ers and we barely showed up...until the Pack do show up against those guys, we can't talk **** aboutthe Hawks...and I ccan't stand them and their newfound bandwagon.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is apples to apples...with ANY game...and moreso if you're talking about organizations that are used to winning and are used to winning when they are under the gun. You are right, they ddon't have Aaron...on the flip side of that coin, we don't have that defense...and they flat out ***** slapped us...as have the 9ers and we barely showed up...until the Pack do show up against those guys, we can't talk **** aboutthe Hawks...and I ccan't stand them and their newfound bandwagon.

I'm not talking any **** about the Seahawks, they are the champs. But we are a different team then the one that played the Niners, and the Hawks

I still think we win if we play them at Lambeau, no **** talking, just what I think. I also think if we had to go to Seattle we would get owned once again.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You watching seattle and Philly? Seattle is looking like the champs. It is early ... but I dont see philly winning this game.

similarly, we always bemoaned SF kicking our *** in SF... wait 'til they come to Lambeau we said... yeah...

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You watching seattle and Philly? Seattle is looking like the champs. It is early ... but I dont see philly winning this game.

similarly, we always bemoaned SF kicking our *** in SF... wait 'til they come to Lambeau we said... yeah...

It's 7-7....

Members online

Latest posts