Are we the best team in the NFL right now?

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You watching seattle and Philly? Seattle is looking like the champs. It is early ... but I dont see philly winning this game.

similarly, we always bemoaned SF kicking our *** in SF... wait 'til they come to Lambeau we said... yeah...

That's not what I said, this is the first year in a while I've thought we had a chance in hell at beating the Niners.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It's 7-7....
Not the score, carl...the defense. No one ever claimed Seattle won a Super Bowl with an offense. Are they beatable? Sure.. THE PACK just haven't done it unless I've missed it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not the score, carl...the defense. No one ever claimed Seattle won a Super Bowl with an offense. Are they beatable? Sure.. THE PACK just haven't done it unless I've missed it.

Yes, their defense is very good. If we are going to use the Eagles game as a comparison to us though, we were up 30-6 at halftime compared to 10-7. Yes, were at home compared to at Philly, but I don't think Lambeau makes a 21 point difference.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yes, their defense is very good. If we are going to use the Eagles game as a comparison to us though, we were up 30-6 at halftime compared to 10-7. Yes, were at home compared to at Philly, but I don't think Lambeau makes a 21 point difference.

Really can't compare games against common opponents in my opinion. Post hoc ergo propter hoc can't apply ... it's all about matchups and we just don't match up well against SF and the Seahags... Looks like Philly is gonna keep themselves in the game inspite of themselves.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Really can't compare games against common opponents in my opinion. Post hoc ergo propter hoc can't apply ... it's all about matchups and we just don't match up well against SF and the Seahags... Looks like Philly is gonna keep themselves in the game inspite of themselves.

Oooh, someone's been learning elementary logic....:whistling:

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I watched most of that Philadelphia/Seahawks game yesterday.

They claim Russel Wilson is the best game manager in the NFL these days. I agree.

But I saw that guy thread the needle a bunch of times in tight coverage to include several VERY crucial, long 3rd down conversions.
He's much more than a game manager. :eek: He had a 99.3 QB rating in that game. 118.8 against SF the week before and 121.6 against AZ in week 12.

Last edited:

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

I agree 100%. It's all about matchups.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Something to think about. The Packer defense has given up 16.2 points per game on average to its NFC North rivals. However, when the Packers are playing outside the division, the Packers defense is giving up 28 points per game on average. And so far, on the road outside the division, 34.6 points per game.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not until we beat Seattle
Seriously, people are basically saying we have to have home field to win (I disagree)
What we need is a reliable Defense and a tight end dimension to our offense
Arizona is hanging tough having lost their starting QB and RB, how impressive is that?
Imagine this team without Rodgers AND Lacey!!

The door is wide wide open for this team. They certainly have the best talent on offense, and I think they have a LOT of talent on D as well. Are they tough enough? Do they want it bad enough? We're going to find out

Reaction score
Something to think about. The Packer defense has given up 16.2 points per game on average to its NFC North rivals. However, when the Packers are playing outside the division, the Packers defense is giving up 28 points per game on average. And so far, on the road outside the division, 34.6 points per game.
Interesting Info thanks
My answer is also my concern, I also think we are the #1 "home team". I think we rank #2 on neutral turf and #3 or 4 in NFL if we had to play on the road. but then again.. the playoffs are not this week so its irrelevant.
I also think the D stats are skewed.. meaning we have put teams in a situation where we played "prevent" and they played ultra risky to catch up while we played slightly conservative on the other side, but your stats are what concern me.. we are poised to go all the way if we are a #1 seed.. but we have work to do if we play any road games

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

While the stat is concerning three games aren´t a great sample size.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

You know why I like reading your posts Raptor? You play the forum "super-ego". When we would like to let our impulses run amuck and say how wonderful the Packers are, you always chime in to keep us grounded. There are times when this year's team looks brilliant, then somewhere in the same game they'll turn around and give you some real head scratching moments. While my impulse is to say the Packers are the best team; you rationally remind me that there are some troubling trends that could make things difficult in a few weeks. It just amazes me that the Vikings allow someone with a little sense to be their fan. I swear, you'd make a brilliant Packer fan.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know why I like reading your posts Raptor? You play the forum "super-ego". When we would like to let our impulses run amuck and say how wonderful the Packers are, you always chime in to keep us grounded. There are times when this year's team looks brilliant, then somewhere in the same game they'll turn around and give you some real head scratching moments. While my impulse is to say the Packers are the best team; you rationally remind me that there are some troubling trends that could make things difficult in a few weeks. It just amazes me that the Vikings allow someone with a little sense to be their fan. I swear, you'd make a brilliant Packer fan.
If he was a Packers fan saying this stuff, no matter how true, he would get ridden out of town on a rail.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I hate bringing that "Best Team" stuff up, but we are going to hear it in the press all week.

Thoughts? Are we?
No. And I really don't know who that is. It's a circular argument.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure any team that lost by 21 to the Saints just a few games ago could be considered the "best". Packers are certainly one of the better teams, but not the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts