Are we the best team in the NFL right now?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate bringing that "Best Team" stuff up, but we are going to hear it in the press all week.

Thoughts? Are we?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate bringing that "Best Team" stuff up, but we are going to hear it in the press all week.

Thoughts? Are we?

Being the best team right now means nothing.

That and a $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Simply put, yes we are. We have become the target.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if we are or not. Certainly one of the best. That being said, it doesn't matter at all who is best on December 1st, what matters is being the best on February 1st. We certainly were not the best team in the NFL on December 1st, 2010. Just have to keep the peddle to the metal, hopefully get a bye and home field advantage.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we will be #1 in the weekly power rankings, if that's what you're asking. are we *actually* the best, i don't know. i think the broncos are still the best team in the league personally, though peyton will likely regress once it gets cold again.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thoughts? Are we?

There are 4 teams who are 9-3 right now. We're one of them. We've beaten two of them, and the other one is currently flailing. Seems like a reasonable assessment to me. We will be at the top of every single power ranking this week.

D

Deleted member 6794

If the playoffs started today we would be the #2 seed in the NFC, that's actually all I care about.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best team? Probably, but as pointed out it only matters for playoff seeding and on Super Bowl Sunday. I'm not convinced that we would have won last night had it been played in Foxborough. With that in mind you could still make the argument for the Patriots.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nope. Not even close. That would be Oakland....oops, read that wrong. Thought is said; "bust" team of NFL. :whistling:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After beating the Patriots the Packers will have a bigger target on their back and the remaining teams can be counted on to give them their best and hardest shots.

At home the Pack probably is the best team in the league as of now but they have to show more of that kind of team on the road. Especially playing "out of their element" in a dome.

I think questions and concerns still linger about the defense.

It's better to be where they need to be now but with room for further improvement.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the Broncos are the best team, but that may change if "cold-weather Peyton" has a chance to come out and play soon.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the Broncos are the best team, but that may change if "cold-weather Peyton" has a chance to come out and play soon.

I refer to him as playoff peyton myself as he struggled there when visiting warm weather teams and dome teams

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010 we were 8 and 4 at this point, having just thrashed the 49ers in Green Bay. We looked to be as good as anyone. Then we lost the next 2, and if Detroit doesn't beat Tampa in the 14th game we're out of the playoffs. So, what we are right now means very little, except that it shows we are capable of playing with anyone in the league. Now we just have to continue it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like being under the radar but if we score touchdowns instead of Fgs in the red zone and Adans doesn't drop that touchdown we blow the patriots out and then there's no question at all.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think this team is more dangerous in a dome than at Lambeau.

Yes, the McCarthy-Rodgers Packers have changed the way things played out for them in domes during the Favre years for the most part. But against good teams they haven't won often. Look at this year's games at Detroit and New Orleans or 2012 at Indianapolis. It wasn't the domes that beat them but the opponent but that combination of road, dome and a strong opponent is still problematic.

D

Deleted member 6794

I honestly think this team is more dangerous in a dome than at Lambeau.

Since Rodgers became the starter the offense has averaged 31.6 points at Lambeau in games started by Rodgers going 40-9 while averaging 27.5 points in games played in domes going 10-8.

Latest posts